Is upgrade possible?

On the contrary, I used to book with a t.a. who had connections with several cruise lines, including RCCL. I would always book the minimum cabin and would get upgraded.

Your TA may have been upgrading to a reduced price cabin rather than offering you a reduced rate for the one you were in.

There are no freebie upgrades from TA's

Your TA may have been upgrading to a reduced price cabin rather than offering you a reduced rate for the one you were in.

Guess, again. The cabins I was upgraded to were not reduced price cabins. Don't you think I checked the rates? And I didn't want a reduced rate inside when I could get a mini-suite for the price of an inside. I think that's the better deal.

Guess, again. The cabins I was upgraded to were not reduced price cabins. Don't you think I checked the rates? And I didn't want a reduced rate inside when I could get a mini-suite for the price of an inside. I think that's the better deal.

Are you sure this was on Royal? We used a TA who did a ton of business and booked groups with HAL and was able to get upgrades for us but we weren't crazy about the product and switched to Royal - no upgrades there.

Are you sure this was on Royal?
Why, do you post things you aren't sure of? And your experience has absolutely no bearing on mine and vice versa. In fact, my t/a steered me away from HAL because it was not one of the lines she had a connection to arrange an upgrade; only RCCL, NCL, and Princess. I always booked an inside but always had at least an ocean view, if not a mini-suite. If anyone thinks I'm full of it, so be it. Obviously nothing I will say will change his or her mind. I think I can go on with my life in spite of this.

Really? That happened with my first cruise-- upgraded from an interior to two levels above in an oceanview. That was w/ Carnival, but I didn't pay a dime and the price of the cruise didn't drop, so I couldn't explain it. I just thanked the upgrade fairy and enjoyed the view :o

As a public school teacher with a ton of student loans I will take what I can get!

Really? That happened with my first cruise-- upgraded from an interior to two levels above in an oceanview. That was w/ Carnival, but I didn't pay a dime and the price of the cruise didn't drop, so I couldn't explain it. I just thanked the upgrade fairy and enjoyed the view :o

As a public school teacher with a ton of student loans I will take what I can get!

there are promotions from time to time with TA's and or cruiselines as well as random upgrades from the cruiselines that may get you an upgrade, but cruise pup says they get upgraded every cruise

there are promotions from time to time with TA's and or cruiselines as well as random upgrades from the cruiselines that may get you an upgrade, but cruise pup says they get upgraded every cruise

Like they say, "There's no such thing as bad publicity as long as they spell your name right."

I am not following a thing you are saying, no way can a TA give away cruises and make a living. And there are no mini suites on rccl.

The mini suite was on Princess. I did say that the upgrades were on RCCL, NCL, and Princess. TA didn't give away anything. Her friends at the cruise lines upgraded me at no cost to anyone.

This will end the question and answer segment. Like I said before, if some of you think I'm full of it, so be it.

Sailed the Grandeur several years ago out of NOLA and was originally booked in an aft junior suite. Several weeks prior to sailing, I noticed that there was an unsold Royal Family Suite still available and took a chance and called my TA about it. He called me back less than an hour later and advised that we had been upgraded (at no cost) to the RFS.

Turned out that the sailing was only 2/3rds at capacity so that may explain the rather generous upgrade. Don't know how often this happens anymore but my family of four REALLY enjoyed the RFS and sold us on RCI. We still remember this as our favorite cruise experience.

Archived