Anyone That Was on Statendam Week of August 7, 2011 ?

Overtime4me2

I'm interested to see if anyone from CC was on the Statendam during the week of August 7, 2011.

I was on the Oosterdam that week and got some pretty pics of the Statendam when we passed each other in Glacier Bay. Would love to swap pics if you have some of the Oosterdam. :)

You might go to the roll call forum and see if anyone has posted recently. Sometimes good roll calls keep going for a while after the cruise. EM

I tried the Roll Call, but found none for that week. In fact, I thought it was weird that there were only 14 posts on the Statendam's roll call??

Thanks for the idea - I wish it had worked! I did this two yrs ago when I was on the Ryndam and found someone on the Radiance of the Seas who got a beautiful pic of the Ryndam sitting in front of Hubbard Glacier...absolutely beautiful! I sent them a few pics of their ship too. It's neat to have a pic of "your" ship when you know that you are on it at that moment! Silly me, but I like that. Still hoping to find someone....:)

...there were only 14 posts on the Statendam's roll call??

I have been watching the Statendam roll calls and the weekly list English-in-Spain updates for several months and you're right, there are not many threads. I don't know who cruises the Sdam - evidently, not many from CC? I've read some bad comments about this ship, but for better or worse, I'll be on it next March. I am about to start a roll call for that time because we're now only 6 months out, and I don't really expect much action. Who knows?

Can't help with the pictures but wondered as one Sue to another can you tell me which nights were Le Cirque and Master Chef dinners. We are on the Oosterdam next week and I keep getting conflicting answers to this question. Sounds like you had good photography weather. I am hoping for the same.

TIA

Sue

I have been watching the Statendam roll calls and the weekly list English-in-Spain updates for several months and you're right, there are not many threads. I don't know who cruises the Sdam - evidently, not many from CC? I've read some bad comments about this ship, but for better or worse, I'll be on it next March. I am about to start a roll call for that time because we're now only 6 months out, and I don't really expect much action. Who knows?

Statendam holds a special place in my heart :)...she was my very first cruise ship in 1999 that sold me on cruising, so it was nice seeing her a couple of times on this last cruise.

I hope the bad comments you've read are the exception and you have a wonderful cruise. I'd like to do the Panama Canal cruise one day also! ENJOY! :)

Can't help with the pictures but wondered as one Sue to another can you tell me which nights were Le Cirque and Master Chef dinners. We are on the Oosterdam next week and I keep getting conflicting answers to this question. Sounds like you had good photography weather. I am hoping for the same.

TIA

Sue

Hi Sue!

I don't remember what night Le Cirque was as we didn't go, but the Master Chef dinner was on Friday night - Ketchikan.

....I just remembered I asked about this before we went, someone told me that Le Cirque was the same night as Master Chef. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1452747

We loved our cruise, and my 8 yr old Nephew keeps saying "I wish we were still on the Oosterdam"! :D It was his first cruise and he wants to go again!

I hope you enjoy yours too! :)

Statendam holds a special place in my heart :)...she was my very first cruise ship in 1999 that sold me on cruising, so it was nice seeing her a couple of times on this last cruise.

I hope the bad comments you've read are the exception and you have a wonderful cruise. I'd like to do the Panama Canal cruise one day also! ENJOY! :)

Thank you. I will have a wonderful cruise! If there are things I would rather not have to deal with (eg, AC problems), I will deal with them on the spot, get them resolved as best as possible, and still have a great cruise. RT PC transit with my little family (2 adult sons celebrating their 40th birthdays - don't ask me how I could possibly have middle-aged children) - it will be wonderful!

P.S. I went to the roll call board to set one up - someone beat me to it in the last couple days and someone else posted, too! So there are at least 3 of us!

That is so nice of you taking pictures of the Statendam and wanting to share them.

Had I been on the Statendam -- I would have loved to gotten a picture of her while we were in Glacier Bay. That would have been so neat!!

I enjoy taking the pics for my own enjoyment and my family. I didn't think this would be so hard! I guess last time was just way too easy :(

I too would really appreciate swapping pics with another ship. It's really hard to get "your" ship all in one pic....and have it look all pretty! The last time, the one of the Ryndam as we were sitting in front of Hubbard Glacier was beautiful. I put it in a photo book as a 2-page spread, and it's gorgeous! Thanks to a wonderful CC member!

I'll keep trying though :)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm interested to see if anyone from CC was on the Statendam during the week of August 7, 2011.

I was on the Oosterdam that week and got some pretty pics of the Statendam when we passed each other in Glacier Bay. Would love to swap pics if you have some of the Oosterdam. :)

Just thought I'd try one more time to see if anyone was on the Statendam the wk of August 7th?

Thanks! :)

Actually the weekly list is maintained and published by GmaPajama (Donna). I do the Bon Voyage threads which are based on that list.

I have had a look at the current list of cruisers from October 2011 to April 2013 and of the 614 cruisers on the list only 10 are sailing on the Statendam.

Of course this is only based on those who put their cruise on Donna's list but it does look as though there are very few CC members booking Statendam cruises.

Actually the weekly list is maintained and published by GmaPajama (Donna). I do the Bon Voyage threads which are based on that list.

I have had a look at the current list of cruisers from October 2011 to April 2013 and of the 614 cruisers on the list only 10 are sailing on the Statendam.

Of course this is only based on those who put their cruise on Donna's list but it does look as though there are very few CC members booking Statendam cruises.

I just want to say "Thank you" to both of you for doing this. :)

What I've noticed is not everyone on a roll call puts their name on the weekly list. For example, the Oosterdam sailing this Saturday only had one person on the Bon Voyage but there are several on the roll call.

Archived