Ouvea excluded from itineraries????

Hi, as far as I could see, Ouvea has been left out of all P&O published itineraries for 2011/2012. They still go to Lifou but have introduced a new port (also in the Loyalty Islands) called 'Mare'.

I dont know what the other cruise lines propose. Has anyone ever been to Mare?

I haven't Jenny, but it looks very nice. :) Here's a few sites I looked at.

http://www.colonialvoyage.com/viaggi/ncmare.html

http://www.loyalty-islands.com/en/photo/mare/index.html

http://www.360cities.net/image/asicen-forest-walk-mare-loyalty-islands-new-caledonia#0.00,0.00,60.0

Hi, as far as I could see, Ouvea has been left out of all P&O published itineraries for 2011/2012. They still go to Lifou but have introduced a new port (also in the Loyalty Islands) called 'Mare'.

I dont know what the other cruise lines propose. Has anyone ever been to Mare?

Yes I did look at that as well no more Ouvea for P&O for 2011/2012.

Apparently there is local unrest. We were supposed to go there in August and missed out as well.

yes the chef/ boss man/head man, want more money and heath care from the cruise lines,

scorce south pacific island local.

I'm booked on ROS for april, our itenary still shows Ouvea, but our other ports are already lifou and isle of pines, I wonder if that means we will get mystery island as a replacement? I really don't mind that we love mystery island.... I just wouldn't be happy to overnight in noumea :(

I'm going to head off and email RC and see what the reponse is.

• 9 months later...

Just wondering if there is any updated information on Ouvea?

Our RCI itinery is still showing Ouvea as a port. I asked RCI about this and they advised that it was still on our itinery.

Has anyone had any recent experiences? Are ships going to Ouvea? If your itinery was recently changed, was Ouvea substituted with another port?

For our itinery, Ouvea is in-between our visits to Noumea and Port Vila. What are the chances of having an overnight visit at one of these two ports, instead of a substituted port?

We are already going to Mystery Island, so am assuming that if a substitute port is offered, it will be a different port.

Thanks for your help!

Our RCI itinery is still showing Ouvea as a port. I asked RCI about this and they advised that it was still on our itinery.

Has anyone had any recent experiences? Are ships going to Ouvea? If your itinery was recently changed, was Ouvea substituted with another port?

For our itinery, Ouvea is in-between our visits to Noumea and Port Vila. What are the chances of having an overnight visit at one of these two ports, instead of a substituted port?

We are already going to Mystery Island, so am assuming that if a substitute port is offered, it will be a different port.

Thanks for your help!

No ships have cruised to Ouvea since early last year. More than likely Ouvea will be replaced by Lifou (it's usually Mystery Island but you have mentioned you are already cruising there).

No ships have cruised to Ouvea since early last year. More than likely Ouvea will be replaced by Lifou (it's usually Mystery Island but you have mentioned you are already cruising there).

Thanks for the response, hadn't heard much else lately on Ouvea. Hopefully we get a visit to Lifou for our cruise.

We were fortunate to be able to visit Ouvea before they stopped going there. It's an amazing port, beautiful beaches.

Rhaps seems to substitute Ouvea with Lifou. You might also get Isle of Pines...........it's like Xmas, you don't know what your going to get.....SURPRISE! :D

Haha yes definitely like Christmas! Our itinery also includes Isle Of Pines, so am hoping for either Lifou or the new port Maree if we need to substitue Ouvea, or an overnight stay in Noumea or Port Vila.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is maybe have a list of options (tours, what to see etc) if we go to Lifou and Maree, and also a list of extra options for current ports on our itinery incase we get an overnight stay / second day at a port. That way, however the itinery changes, we have an idea of what to do / see.

I wouldn't mind an overnight stay at Noumea or Vila, as there are a good range of tour options available, would good to have an extra day at one of these ports.

Thanks Debsta for your response! :)

I'm thinking the best thing to do is maybe have a list of options (tours, what to see etc) if we go to Lifou and Maree, and also a list of extra options for current ports on our itinery incase we get an overnight stay / second day at a port. That way, however the itinery changes, we have an idea of what to do / see.

Marae has only been covered by P&O; however, it's also had civil disturbances lately so been dropped from recent cruises.

Marae has only been covered by P&O; however, it's also had civil disturbances lately so been dropped from recent cruises.

Thanks for the update. Have you heard any feedback from previous cruisers if they enjoyed the port? Guess it won't be a possible port substitution for my cruise!

Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help!

We are sailing on Rhapsody on Nov 27 and just found out we are not going to Ouvea but instead will be visiting Vila, Vanuatu due to a berthing conflict (posted live chat with RCCL from yesterday).

I have checked with our Resolutions department regarding this sailing, and it does appear that a change was made to this itinerary yesterday afternoon. I apologize that I was not aware of this previously, this information is in the process of being shared with all of our contact centers, but has not yet reached all employees. It does appear that Ouvea was replaced with Vila due to a berthing conflict. Additionally, the order of Isle of Pines and Noumea have been changed from the original itinerary. You will be visiting Isle of Pines on 11/30/11, Vila on 12/01/11, Mystery Island on 12/02/11, and Noumea on 12/03/11.

My family is booked on Rhapsody later this month. We were going to Noumea, Ouvea, Mystery Is, Isle of Pines. Just been notified Ouvea replaced with Port Vila. Doesn't really bother us. A holiday is a holiday. Looking forward to it all.

I think Vila is a much better option - great duty free prices, fantastic cascades for a swim, good markets.

Archived