Quebec - which airport?

Dayenu

I am looking at Orbitz, and when I choose YQB it only shows small planes like turboprop. What am I doing wrong? Is this the correct airport code?

Please help me to get to or from Quebec as I'd love to take a one-way cruise from US to Quebec (v. round-trip) but can't fly in a small plane.

Try Westjet to your destination from Quebec. You will likley have to connect in Toronto and perhaps change planes to an AA flight. Westjet only flys 737's so you will avoid the RJ's and Dash 8's that commonly serve Quebec. I believe Westjet has a ticket agreement with American.

I am looking at Orbitz, and when I choose YQB it only shows small planes like turboprop. What am I doing wrong? Is this the correct airport code?

Please help me to get to or from Quebec as I'd love to take a one-way cruise from US to Quebec (v. round-trip) but can't fly in a small plane.

it depends where you are flying from what is available

Take the train to Montreal & fly from there

Define 'small'? Why can't you fly in a small plane?

If you're looking at a jet vs. a prop plane, look at the US connections - United via ORD, Delta via DTW or Continental via EWR.

Almost all flights involve a canadair regional jet from Toronto or or embrauer from the states. They are smaller but are jets. Single aisle 2X2 seats. West jet flies 737s from Toronto but you would have to go San Fran to Lax to Toronto to avoid the smaller jets

You realize modern turboprops have an excellent safety record, similar to mainline jets.

The main airport for the province is Montreal. The next largest airport is basically a cargo/private airplane only airport for the city of Montreal (St-Hubert). Quebec City is therefore a SMALL airport for a small city. Basically handling just over 1M passengers a year.

The only COMMERCIAL airline flying in larger planes from the US is WestJet. There are a few charters that fly as well, but mostly from points south. WestJet flies via YYZ, so you will either have to book a manual connection via YYZ or fly AA and use a codeshare. But AA doesn't fly YYZ nonstop, so you will need to make two connections.

Archived