No Trafalgar Falls until after 3. What's next?

Karysa

I've spent hours and read a lot of posts about Dominca and private tours with Bumpiing vs ship tours.

I've learned Dominica no longer allows the private tours to go to Trafalgar Falls early in the day. Theyre not allowed in until 2:00. I'd like to know if people now think it's better to book with your cruise line?

If I book with Bumpiing, then would we be going to Trafalgar Falls with all the other private tours at 2:00. In my opinion, it sounds like it will be very crowded at 2:00 and less crowded during the morning when only cruise ship tours are allowed in.

Are my assumptions wrong? Please share if you've been to Dominica since they implemented this new rule. I'm considering two Celebrity tours in light of this: "Dominica's Favorites" or "Pools and Falls Nature Adventure" or "Aerial Tram and Trafalgar Falls."

Thanks.

Also, is this rule in effect for the Emerald Pool and Titou Gorge as well?

Thanks.

Just got back a week ago and toured with Levi of bumping tours. He mentioned it - but we were there long before 2 pm, he went in for one second and chatted while we did bathroom breaks and when we came out we could go:D No crowds at all. It was very nice. Levi gave a great tour and I would highly recommend him. Everyone had a great time:D

Thanks for the help. I think we will do it by taxi this time. After champagne we will go back to town and have lunch and look around before getting another taxi to trafalgar falls. Do you know of a good spot that would also have something for a vegetarian?

it may be less expensive for you to just get a driver for the full day and have him take you somewhere in town for lunch where he will wait for you. worst comes to worst, you can get the veggie pizza at perky's. quite yummy!! (i can't believe there was good pizza on a small island, but there was!)

We ended up doing a private tour and it was a wonderful day. We saw all we wanted to see. Trafalgar falls was busy when we got there at two but not to the point that I was thinking. It was fine. The Emerald Pool however was packed when we were leaving and another bus had just pulled up. There were two ships in port on our day in Dominica.

We ended up doing a private tour and it was a wonderful day. We saw all we wanted to see. Trafalgar falls was busy when we got there at two but not to the point that I was thinking. It was fine. The Emerald Pool however was packed when we were leaving and another bus had just pulled up. There were two ships in port on our day in Dominica.

glad you had a good time. hope you found some veggie cuisine. 2 ships make for a big crowd. that is to be expected when you add nearly 10% to the island population.

glad you had a good time. hope you found some veggie cuisine. 2 ships make for a big crowd. that is to be expected when you add nearly 10% to the island population.

We had a very busy day and didn't stop for lunch but we stopped at Mr. Nice's fruit stand and a bakery not far from Champagne Beach. It is a beautiful island and a wonderful change to the other islands on our cruise.

Archived