Flight from USA (Boston) to Rome - what's a good price?

Shooraq

I've been tracking airfare from Boston the Rome for May 2012. Off the general sites, I can get airfare as low as $1200 pp, but thru RCI's Choice Air program, I can get flights using American and British Airways for only $900. Does it look like the price might drop closer in time, or does $900 sound like a good price given the gas situation and the economy in general?

Although I did just "purchase" FF tickets to Europe for next summer, I probably would not be purchasing regular tickets to Europe for May yet. Read through the sticky at the top of this page about using cruise air, and also the threads discussing Choice Air.

I'm already checking on Atlanta to Rome in June 2012, and would snap up a $900 airfare in a heartbeat. Right now, I'm only seeing fares (with one stop, mind you) at $1700+. I'm hoping late fall will see a drop, but not counting on it...:(

The only airfares to Europe next summer I'm finding close to being that low right now are flights on Iceland Air, and they don't go to Rome. They had some great fares from SEA-CDG, but I decided to save the $$ and book FF tickets instead. I don't know if prices will drop or not, but they seem really high right now.

• 1 month later...

Still tracking, but at least I confirmed what days I am travelling so that I can take the jump when ready. I currently see availability for a Swiss Air flight thru Choice Air that is $860. I still can't judge if they will go down or go up. Any thoughts?

Anything under $1000 out of Boston is a good deal as long as it is NOT on the Alitalia/Delta codeshare - operated by Alitalia.

Check connecting times in LHR if you decide on BA. It's a nightmare.

Anything under $1000 out of Boston is a good deal as long as it is NOT on the Alitalia/Delta codeshare - operated by Alitalia.

Check connecting times in LHR if you decide on BA. It's a nightmare.

I also wonder about the Alitalia comment. As with anything YMMV and airline travel is extremely subjective.

Discussed flight is gone at that price. From OP's other thread about this trip:

Nuts - the availability of that Swiss Air flight went away this morning! Crap - oh well, so much for that idea... Should have known that would happen, always my luck. I guess I'll keep tracking now. There are options for American Airlines and British Airways for approx $950 and up, but I loved seeing a flight for under $900.

Archived