When do they typically announce the itinerary change?

arlodog

We are scheduled on Oasis this Saturday for an Eastern route. With TS Maria in the area I am just wondering when they typically announce the change of itinerary. It looks like Maria will be mostly Eastern and I am wondering if I need to try and figure out what to do in Labadee, Jamaica and Coz in case that is where we end up!

Anyone know if they typically announce it beforehand, or do they wait until you are on board? All the website says is that they are monitoring it.....and if you are leaving on Sunday out of San Juan to particularly pay close attention.

Thanks!

They can change the itinerary at any time...reverse the order of your ports, or change them, or skip them....whenever they feel the need. It could be before you sail, once you're onboard, or during the cruise. There's really no way to know what they'll do in advance!

Based on the current projected path of Maria, I don't think you will hear of an itinerary change until you board the ship.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/235009.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Going western instead of eastern could be an issue with Nate playing over in the gulf.

Lots of weather messing things up right now with the remnants of Lee causing lots of flooding, Katia playing off the coast and Maria and Nate developing.

I would buy bonine and have a great cruise.:)

Hi There,

We were on the Oasis (Eastern) July 30th and tropical storm Don was in the area...We were told on Monday afternoon that we would be travelling to Costa Maya and Cozumel instead. (They slipped a letter of notice under the door)

My family and I love to do adventurous excursions so if you go to Cozumel I would recommend without hesitation the XPLORE Tour...AWESOME can't say enough about it. It consists of zip lines, dune buggy like vehicles, swimming and rafting in caves. It cost 160.00 pp (including ferry to Playa del Carmen) make sure you wear your bathing suit and bring a change of clothes. My suggestion to get the most out of the park is do the zip lines first - go to the Jaguar - it's the advanced one. (None of us had zip lined before and we were fine 15-49yrs) Then do dune buggy, rafts and swim if possible. Lunch is included in this tour however we didn't have time for that because we wanted to make sure we did as much as we could. We didn',t but I would bring a waterproof camera and water shoes next time, or an extra pair. We thought it was a great excursion just book it at the excursion place near The Cafe Promenade.

Costa Maya we did the Ruins-can't remember the name but we were glad we did the half day one...remember to bring insect repellent!!

Where every you go though you will have a great time on the Oasis...Have a great time!!

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I won't sweat it and just go where the ship takes me. Didn't know Costa Maya was an option. We had a great day there last year. We love Coz as well so Western isn't a bad option, just not what we had planned....guess that's what you get during hurricane season:D

At least it looks like we will make it to Fort Lauderdale without any problems. I don't care where I go as long as I make it on board!

If you've booked excursions thru RCCL, the Explorations desk will help you change them if need be. If ports are changed they will offer new ones for the new ports. If you've booked tours independently, you're on your own.

We were on Majesty two weeks ago with Irene. Made the best of it, without any major problems.

Leaving tomorrow for three days on Monarch, looks like we "should" be OK (?).

Enjoy Oasis as much as we did!

Rick and Deirdra

we were on the 4nt Sovereign a number of years ago and instead of doing Coco Cay first, due to high seas we overnighted in Nassau :cool:and went to Coco Cay on the way back. Skipped the sea day. This was decided enroute.

Archived