A fewquestions re: Royal Suites on Summit

BethV114

We've booked a Royal Suite on Summit for our January 2012 cruise. There will be four of us sharing the suite - me, DH, DD (2.5 at sailing) and my twin sister. We plan on me, DH and DD sleeping in the bedroom and my sister sleeping on the pull-out couch in the living room. I have a few questions. First, can anyone speak as to how much room there is in the bedroom and where we might plan on putting DD's bed? We plan on bringing an inflatable toddler travel bed for her with us and are hoping that we can fit her comfortably in the room with us. That way, she can go down for the night and we'll still be free to watch tv, have an after dinner drink, etc. out in the living room or relax on the balcony without disturbing her (yes, we'll be brining a monitor so we can hear her if we do out on the balcony while she's in bed).

In March, the four of us sailed in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse and DD was sleeping in a pack and play at the time which, believe it or not, we placed in the closet in the bedroom (door wedged open with the pack and play, of course!). She loved having her own space that was slightly separate from us, but still close enough that she could see us in bed if she awoke in the middle of the night. This worked out well for all of us, so please no flaming. We're not terrible people who lock our daughter in the closet. There was simply no other place that it would fit in the bedroom and putting her out in the living room or entry way would have defeated the purpose of having a suite with separate sleeping and living areas.

My second question is if anyone has had any experience with roll-away beds on Celebrity. When I go into my reservations on their website and pull up the information about our suite, it says that this room has a crib and a roll-away bed. We're wondering what that's all about. We did request a pack and play, just in case, on the theory that it would be better to have one reserved and not need it than to need it and not be able to get it, but the roll-away bed is a mystery to us.

Third, I'd like to hear about any personal experience with the Royal Suites on Summit. Were there any extra perks that you were surprised with? How does the whirlpool tub on the balcony work? We know it's not a hot tub, but we're hoping that that water can at least be made warm enough to be comfortable so that DD can splash and play around in it a bit while we hang out on the balcony.

Any and all info/input will be highly appreciated!!:D

There is a little area in the bedroom where the desk is located that should fit the crib or whatever. When you walk into the bedroom, follow along where the TV is on the wall, and basically behind the TV area is the desk with mirror. There should be enough floor space for you there. The closet is wayyyyyyy too small for anything.

The hot tub isn't the greatest, but you should be able to put enough water in it for the child to splash around.

Agree with Kitty99 there is space where desk is at to place matress or pack and play on floor.

Lots of space for for 4

bathroom is great and not connected to Bedroom like the CS is on the Milli class.

Lots of places to put stuff

We got a bottle of Scotch and Vodka, no charge on Connie this last May and stayed in CS only.

Hot tub Stinks

Everything else is super so have fun

We were in a RS on Constellation last year.

I would not say that the hot tub on the balcony "stinks" but it is basically what I think you would call a bathroom tub [bath for us]. The water was plenty hot enough and the tub was just big enough for two to squeeze into.

I have no idea what a "pack and play" is but the dressing area in the bedroom is not huge so access to your child would be from only one side. However, that appears to have worked for you in the closet so I guess that would be OK. It is, however, right by the door to the balcony. I do not know if your child would be disturbed by the conversation outside. There really is nowhere else in the bedroom you could fit a place for your child to sleep.

We were surprised, on Constellation, to discover that we had a complientary bar set up - two bottles of spirit - [because we had also purchased one in advance] and our butler explained that it depended on the hotel director. You may or may not get one on your cruise. The other possible discretionary perk would be to receive Elite perks.

Sue

It's been awhile since we were on Summit but we were in a RS, I can't imagine you not having room for your inflatable bed or for a pack n play. The bedroom should be fine for that. Shoot the bathroom may be big enough for a pack and play...it's huge!

My husband loved the hot tub on the balcony. You could get the water as hot or cold as you wanted. He used it several times.

I can't speak to perks as it's been too long and am sure they are all different now.

Thanks everyone for the information. I think we'll plan on trying to fit DD and her travel bed in the area by the desk that was mentioned. She listens to a white noise machine at home, which we bring with us when traveling, so noise from the balcony shouldn't be too much of a problem if we do decide to spend time there while she's sleeping. We were mostly planning on using it for some quiet relaxation time with an after dinner drink and possibly our Nooks if there's any decent lighting out there.

I really appreciate everyone's input. It definitely takes a bit of the stress off when we've got some things (i.e. where everyone will sleep) planned out before we board!

Still not sure why it says the room has a roll away bed. I was under the impression that one of the couches in the living room was a pull-out.

We just got off the Summit in a RS. The couch is a pull out. We had a roll away bed requested just in case we needed it, but we didnt. The room is perfect for 3-4 people, plenty of room and closet space. We had 2 kids with us.

We got Elite perks + the free alcohol that was mentioned above. Butler service was spectacular. Ask for a Bridge Tour. If there is anything else I can answer, feel free to ask! have a great cruise.

Archived