Category "SA", "SB" and "SC" Questions ......

sail7seas

I have been looking at 2006 cruises and am confused about this new distinction between what we now call category "S" cabins.

Any idea when the new category breakdowns will take effect?

Any idea if this will be on all ships? Or just Vista Class ships?

Any idea which cabin numbers fit into which category?

I went to travelocity to see if I could figure out the breakdown and of four cruises I checked, there were no "S" cabins listed at all. I doubt they are all sold out already.

I haven't been able to figure it out from the HAL site.

I have my TA looking into it but know it will be a little while before she gets back to me. (I told her to do her urgent work first.)

I, too, am anxious to see how they allocate these. My guess (and it's simply a guess) is that the midship locations will be the SA cabins and forward/aft will be SB and far forward/aft will be SC. HAL will most certainly have different price points, and my guess is that the SC will carry the current S pricing model with the others being higher.

The part about the different pricing sure seems to be the only reason for their doing this. There seems to be no end to their 'ingenuity'.

I think you may be correct about the mid-ship, aft and then forward locations.

I was just on an online site checking out prices for 2006 Caribbean sailings, and on the Westerdam SC suites included Aft cabins on the 4th, 5th, and 6th decks.
That makes sense because those aft suites are considered "primo" suites. They would be the exception, IMO.

When I got our new Caribbean brochure, I also noticed that the Delux Vernadah Suites are now borken down into 3 categories - SA, SB, SC.

The SA are all on the Rotterdam Deck - SA 7048 - SA 7085.

The SB are listed as SB 8128 and SB 8135 on the Navigation Deck; SB 7088, SB 7087 SB, 7132 and SB 7133 on the Rotterdam Deck; SB6084, SB 6086, SB 6088, SB 6093, SB 6095, and SB 6097 on the Upper Verandah Deck.

The SC are listed as SC 6156, SC 6167, SC 6168, SC 6169 on the Upper Verandah Deck; SC 5186, SC 5187 on the Verandah Deck; SC 4180, SC 4185 on the Upper Promenade Deck.

I don't know when the new pricing will be into effect.

But we were told that the SA will be more expensive as those suites are midship and larger than the aft cabins.

Ooops....When you mentioned the new Caribbean brochure, I remembered that I have one.. Duh, I forgot about it.

I just looked at the deck plan in it for Veendam, Maasdam and Ryndam. (Statendam is not in the Caribbean.) The "S" on the Statendam class ships is not (YET) broken down. They are all the same category. Same thing for Volendam, Zaandam BUT

Amsterdam has an SA and a SB. The furthest aft four cabins on both port and starboard sides are SB. The rest of the "S" are all the same. The "SB" cabins are priced lower. (I imagine it will be like that on Rotterdam as well).

Thanks, KK.

I wonder if they will breakdown the "S" into categories on all the ships or if this is only for the Vista ships??

Sail, I hope not, our luck they will just raise all the prices:eek: I do think that those who really love the AFT will luck out on this unless they price the lower catagory S Suites the same as before and raise the price of the SA SB because they are premium suites.

Amsterdam has an SA and a SB. The furthest aft four cabins on both port and starboard sides are SB. The rest of the "S" are all the same. The "SB" cabins are priced lower. (I imagine it will be like that on Rotterdam as well).

S7S--

Those last 8 suites on Amsterdam are likely lower priced because they do not have tubs - only showers.

Rotterdam doesn't have any equivalent because the aft Pool area is in that location on Navigation Deck. Volendam and Zaandam only have Mini-Suites in that location under the aft Lido Deck - so again, no lesser S-suites.

Sail, I was just checking the HAL site for the group cruise on the Westerdam on 10/29/06 just to see what would come up. When you click on those categories, you're right that they don't break them down on the deck plan.

But the pricing is quite a sizeable difference. They show (for this particular cruise) the following: SC: $2177, SB: $2427, and SA $2677. That's a range of $500 pp ... quite a range!! It would help if they'd change the deck plans to show which is which!!

We were all wondering when the new prices for all these new categories would be taking place.

AH, DAH - I should have turned over my new Caribbean brochure. On the back are the effective dates: April 2005 - April 2007.

So it looks like the new prices will be going into effect this weekend.

I know that when I was checking out a couple of Caribbean cruises on HAL's website, the new categories were alreay listed.

Archived