When do you book Ship Excursions

Wayfairers

When do you book ship excursions?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. When do you book ship excursions?

• Before sailing
    • On board

If I am booking the cruise ship's excursions I do it in advance for two reasons.

1. I have a reserved spot (on my last cruise there was a updated list of excursions in the room on arrival. MANY were already SOLD OUT (and you had to hope for a waiting list and a cancellation--that cruise line let you cancel up to about a day before each excursion without being charged for it.)

2. The prices on board were usually higher than pre booking

If I even THINK I am doing a ship's excursion. I book it early.

I can always change. We tend to do more privates but there is a time and a place for ship's tours. If that's what you want to do, I would book early. JMO;)

Me too.

Cori

Thanks for all the comments - I suspected many people on CC don't book with the ship.

I book with the ship when it is something I don't want to miss or there is a long drive involved and I book shortly after booking the cruise. I was curious about booking time for those who do book with the ship.

I am wondering about the results of the poll.... did those of you who arrange private excursions vote for before sailing or did you abstain from voting?

I am wondering about the results of the poll.... did those of you who arrange private excursions vote for before sailing or did you abstain from voting?

I do private excursions and abstained from voting. "Private excursions" could have been an additional choice.

We do book with the ship. We normally just book when we get on the ship the 1st day. Never had a problem getting the tours we want. I did look into booking private tours, but don't think the hassle factor was worth the little you do save.

We have gone on our own also depending how long we will be in the port and if we feel save going on our own...

Of course haven't been to places like Europe and Alaska. Those places I would probably book ahead of time.

Archived