cabin with a restricted view

memoie

I have a cabin with a "restricted" view - what exactly does that mean? I can see from the deck plans that the lifeboats are right outside our window. Are they above the height of the window and will we still have some sort of a view? or will we just be looking straight at the lifeboats all the time? Thanks everyone ahead of time.

Sorry about not including the ship and more details. We are sailing on MSC Opera. We are on Cat 6 cabin #7127 and from the deck layout on their website I can't even find our cabin so am assuming that it must be in a "blank" spot on the deck plan - either that or I'm just not looking in the right place. It seems funny that we would be classed as a Category 6 but have the cabin number of 7127 - don't understand that at all.

Sorry about not including the ship and more details. We are sailing on MSC Opera. We are on Cat 6 cabin #7127 and from the deck layout on their website I can't even find our cabin so am assuming that it must be in a "blank" spot on the deck plan - either that or I'm just not looking in the right place. It seems funny that we would be classed as a Category 6 but have the cabin number of 7127 - don't understand that at all.

Your cabin is on the Rigoletto Deck slightly aft and adjacent to a life boat.

Hank

Looks like you will looking at the side of the life boat

#7125 you will see something between the boats if you can change

On the deck plan just move the cursor in the deck plan up or down

Once we risked to get a cabin that looked on the deck plan like between 2 boats. Not exactly.

There was a boat outside the window blocking all view except the very top, BUT it was positioned so that we could see a little through 3 windows: from our cabin through 2 windows on 2 sides of the boat.

I said, I've developed a tunnel vision :p

This was a cruise to Alaska, so in Sitka they took the boats down to use as tenders... waking us up at 7 am!

My only experience with an obstructed view was with lifeboats in front of the windows. Although we got bits of light and a limited view, the thing we did NOT consider was the guys who clean/paint/oil or do whatever they do while sailing. A few times they looked us in the eye...needless to say, we closed the drapes and had NO view. Never again, inside or unobstructed view for us!

Archived