Steward on balcony??

Suzque49

Ok..so, he "thought the lock was broken" and he couldn't enter from the "locked" door, then why did he think the lock was broken to begin with?? :confused: That doesn't add up

I would definitely report it to security.

I have never had anyone on the balcony without prior notice.

Several times we've received a letter that the next day all the

balcony interconnect doors would be open, and the balconies

would be pressure washed. We've also been notified that

the railings would be varnished. ...and advised to keep

the curtains closed for privacy.

It's kind of cool to be able to look quite far along the side of

the ship, through the open balcony doors.

Also, security can always enter the room from the hallway,

regardless of the 'deadbolt'.

Not only security Stewart can as well:eek:

The same thing happened to me last year. At first I was very concerned that someone was trying to steal something or rape one of us. As it turned out we got tangled up in an intricate web of international cruise ship espionage. Something about spies or some other thing in the neighboring rooms.

It was quite a relief to know it was not what I was suspicious of.

How's this sound for a guess as to what happened?

Crewman paying a "social" call to the lady next door; husband/boyfriend comes knocking on the front door, crewman bails out the balcony door, cross to your balcony and makes his escape.

Your's sounds like the most plausable explanation. ;) The only one that double lock keeps out is your roomate. It does not/cannot keep out the steward or anyone else that has a universal key. I only remember seeing those pull cords in rooms with a tub, not those with just showers.

My advice would be to keep your valuables in the safe, lock the doors to the room, and forget about it and continue on with your vacation.

Ignore all these people that are telling you go to security or the pursers desk and trying to get to the bottom of what happened. You are going to end up wasting a lot of time pursuing something that in the end has no way of benefiting you at all.

Early disembarkation morning (about 530 am) last year on the Emerald, I couldn't sleep as we were slowly coming into Port Everglades. Went out onto the balcony and movement on the open balconies below caught my eye. Someone was cleaning the wood bannister. Since it was dark and I was sleep deprived I thought I was imagining it. He disappeared. Then he appeared at the next balcony. I figured the people in those cabins had already left (I was very sleep deprived!). Went he moved to the 3rd and then 4th balcony (always out of view) I finally realized that it was staff cleaning and he was going through each divider. All of a sudden I was real pleased that we always sleep with the curtains closed. Otherwise may have accidentally provided the staff with an unpleasant view!!!!

Suzque49 is having a rough time.

Posted two times yesterday, one about needing medications fast and also about someone out side their balcony door.

Hope their incidents subside the balance of their trip.

Am I the only one to figure this out? If Suzy needed meds badly..does anyone think that maybe she went to the infirmary? Could they have logged in her visit? The steward would have been made aware of the visit if need be...such as...Noro issue or something less drastic...but still the steward may have well been made aware of the sickly pax..and told to keep an ey out.

and could the stranger on the balcony have been a medical person? an officer? seriously...while it may be disturbing to have someone else on the balcony...there are many many plausible explanations.....so don't go crazy thinking how awlful this whole thing is...

and finally......why post about it here? Suzy should be spending her time getting well and getting the correct answers as to who the person was....but really does it matter? It seems as though someone in authority knew she was ill and was concerned...because it is there job to check on ill pax.

Am I the only one to figure this out? If Suzy needed meds badly..does anyone think that maybe she went to the infirmary? Could they have logged in her visit? The steward would have been made aware of the visit if need be...such as...Noro issue or something less drastic...but still the steward may have well been made aware of the sickly pax..and told to keep an ey out.

and could the stranger on the balcony have been a medical person? an officer? seriously...while it may be disturbing to have someone else on the balcony...there are many many plausible explanations.....so don't go crazy thinking how awlful this whole thing is...

and finally......why post about it here? Suzy should be spending her time getting well and getting the correct answers as to who the person was....but really does it matter? It seems as though someone in authority knew she was ill and was concerned...because it is there job to check on ill pax.

There is another Suzy post on the board. She went to the infirmary, got her meds and all's well.

How's this sound for a guess as to what happened?

Crewman paying a "social" call to the lady next door; husband/boyfriend comes knocking on the front door, crewman bails out the balcony door, cross to your balcony and makes his escape.

why is it the lady next door that is cheating on her SO?...couldn't it have been a female crewperson visiting a male pax?

First, let me say this is a little unnerving.

Second, if someone knocked on my balcony door, I would have been out the cabin door and finding the nearest phone.:eek:

Third, did OP ask the neighbor if Princess sent someone thru their room?

Last, but not least, I would never, ever let the person in my room.

The chief of housekeeping came to us tonight. He said the steward said he didn't think we were in the room and thought the lock was broken. He said that the steward called him and he tried his master key but it didn't work. Said the steward called the room (which he didn't) so the chief said he told him to see if he could gain access to try to "fix" the lock before we retuned and weren't able to get in. Doesn't make much sense but that's what he said. We didn't have the privacy sign out but did have the privacy lock on.

On every single Princess cruise on the first day the steward is always very clear about putting out the do not disturb sign if you do not want them to enter. Yes, you can lock it -- but the do not disturb sign ensures they won't come in --

One night we went to dinner and a show, came back and the cabin had not been made up. We'd inadvertently forgot to remove the do not disturb sign and our steward was not going to violate that policy

Hmm, an interesting twist. Wonder if the two are related. But wouldn't you think that whoever talked to her from Princess would have mentioned that?

This whole scenario is just sooooooooooooo creepy!

I would have awakened everyone around me screaming if anyone had knocked on the balcony door.:eek:

Security response seems fishy, too. Poster said it wasn't their cabin steward, so who the H was that guy?

Also, they didn't get the supposed phone call.

This has been an interesting thread to say the least. But if it were me and someone showed up on my balcony I would

a. Get the persons name

b. Call the purser/front desk/security

There is no way some of the answers that have been provided are acceptable. I fully understand that they have to clean etc, we have been notified in the past they would be a. cleaning. b. painting c. etc but not just showing up

Years ago, while my wife was using the hair dryer, the heat went near the sprinklers, (they did not come on) but since they are heat based, we got a call from the bridge, are we ok, etc and that was followed up by a security person knocking on our door, the FRONT door just as a follow up.

And someone telling the folks to just let it go and not follow up, that is completely wrong. There should have been some proper answers by a significant staff member on this situation

Just my 3 cents (inflation)

Pete

Hmm' date=' an interesting twist. Wonder if the two are related. But wouldn't you think that whoever talked to her from Princess would have mentioned that?[/quote']

no I don't think they would have mentioned that...because she would have been speaking to the Security or Guest Services or to the Housekeeping......and the person who may have been checking on her could have been the Medical staff...and they are outside people...just like the Spa staff.

The 2 are definitely related though...because she posted on the other thread about diverticulitis issues...needing meds...and then a logical person might think that it would not be such a stretch for the med staff..assuming she went to them..which makes sense... since she was complaining about a rather serious ailment...to want to check up on her...

If she hadn't posted about the diverticulitis then maybe it is a scary situation to have someone..without a PCL name tag..on your balcony...but in her case...based on her other thread and this one...it makes perfect sense that the medical staff...non PCL staff btw...would make every effort to check on her.

in this case..it is much ado about nothing...but posters love to see the darker side of everything on these boards...

as evidenced by another thread that starts with..."word on the street" has it that something serious happened on a ship out of NYC....again...much ado about nothing....

This whole scenario is just sooooooooooooo creepy!

I would have awakened everyone around me screaming if anyone had knocked on the balcony door.:eek:

Security response seems fishy, too. Poster said it wasn't their cabin steward, so who the H was that guy?

Also, they didn't get the supposed phone call.

Medical staff!!!

Medical staff do wear name tags and would they have a key or whatever else they would need to access the room and then to unlock the balcony.

While I don't know if speculation is helpful, I also don't think we can just brush off everything and say because she was sick medical staff would come in through the balcony without making a phone call. I was very sick on a recent cruise and went several times for nebulizer treatments. I never once received a phone call let alone a visit to my room, or balconcy from medical staff. So I don't know if medical staff makes perfect sense, it is an option, but one of many.

I think this is a mystery that we will never know the final details of. I just hope that the OP is doing well, both physically and emotionally.

Anyone, staff or not, trying to access a cabin thru the verandah door should be reported immediately to onboard security. Particularly, since that individual also admits to doing so thru an adjacent cabin. All staff wear nametags ... and reading that would easily identify the staff member using such unorthodox means of contacting a cabin occupant.

The time to have dealt with this issue was when it happened ... not after the fact, when Princess would be unable to investigate properly. Well, and until it is handled properly onboard, a public chat forum is not the place to air out this situation.

Everyone, including the OP, can speculate til the the cows come home ... but there likely will be no resolution without that immediate report to the proper onboard authorities.

Archived