Steward on balcony??

Suzque49

Medical staff do wear name tags and would they have a key or whatever else they would need to access the room and then to unlock the balcony.

While I don't know if speculation is helpful, I also don't think we can just brush off everything and say because she was sick medical staff would come in through the balcony without making a phone call. I was very sick on a recent cruise and went several times for nebulizer treatments. I never once received a phone call let alone a visit to my room, or balconcy from medical staff. So I don't know if medical staff makes perfect sense, it is an option, but one of many.

I think this is a mystery that we will never know the final details of. I just hope that the OP is doing well, both physically and emotionally.

her previous posts indicate that someone did try to get in thru her cabin door and found it to be bolted from the inside....many many members of the crew would be able able access her cabin..without her consent, btw...(one reason that I feel putting youngish kids across the hall in their own cabin is a big no no)...so yes...the med staff certainly would try to gain access without her consent especially if she had consulted them and then when they went to check on her they found the door bolted and got no answer. And yes...a steward would have helped the med staff gain access...and yes..I do believe that they would deny it...wouldn't you? This poster is complaining on CC and is making a mountain out of a molehill on the ship as well.....the steward would have to be insane if they admitted anything.

as for the medical staff..as far as we know...she doesn't even suspect this scenario that I am proposing...so maybe she never even mentioned that she went to the med staff when she is filing this complaint with the security people....so therefore, the security people are not even thinking along the lines of it being med staff...as they are not aware she went to the med. office.

btw...the only reason I am even voicing this opinion is that I really am amused that posters just don't see the clear picture...and just respond with comments like..OMG, I would have freaked out..or I am so scared now....and other such comments...

not saying my theory is the only theory...but what I am sure of is that the real answer is no way as mysterious or treacherous as ccer's like to make it out....

i prefer to live by a simple philosophy that I coined a few years back when I thought we had a homeowner's crisis on our hands.....now, I just say something like this.."how about we just change the lightbulb before we go and rewire the entire house?" You get the drift, I am sure:D

and no, I do not live with my head in the sand......nor do I live in alternate reality...I live in logical world.:)

On every single Princess cruise on the first day the steward is always very clear about putting out the do not disturb sign if you do not want them to enter. Yes, you can lock it -- but the do not disturb sign ensures they won't come in --

One night we went to dinner and a show, came back and the cabin had not been made up. We'd inadvertently forgot to remove the do not disturb sign and our steward was not going to violate that policy

On a cruise this year, I had the Do Not Disturb sign in the door, and the room steward entered anyway. At least I was fully clothed while resting on the bed. :eek:

On a cruise this year, I had the Do Not Disturb sign in the door, and the room steward entered anyway. At least I was fully clothed while resting on the bed. :eek:

Well, we've never had that happen in 13 Princess cruises, or on any other cruise line, for that matter, when we had the do not disturb sign on the door AND the door locked with the dead bolt, so that is certainly an exception but not the rule:rolleyes: Did that happen on Princess?

Hi All

Couple of points is the out side of the ship not covered by cameras ?

As to the sign on the door, I have had gifts, laundry etc sent to the cabin

and on seeing the sign a note appears under the door not even a knock,

to say please contact your room steward.

I have had no sign on the door and a knock with the door opening so quick that we did not have time to stop what we were doing, OH well

I am sure it was not the first time a room steward so more than he would have liked to see.

And as to passenger crew in a cabin, my very first cruise a honeymoon couple, she caught him with the female room steward,

yours Shogun

We are on the Coral at Skagway

Last night we were in our cabin abt 8 pm and had the privacy lock on. The steward had not done the evening turndown but we didn't care. Were tired from a long day in port. I went to bed. DH was watching tv and heard the door handle rattle. No knock on the door so he thought maybe someone had the wrong cabin

Maybe, at the time of the door handle rattle, if the other half had checked, the rest of the scenario would not of have eventuated.

I personally would have been at the door real quick to check who it was, or at least looked in the corridor.

Well, we've never had that happen in 13 Princess cruises, or on any other cruise line, for that matter, when we had the do not disturb sign on the door AND the door locked with the dead bolt, so that is certainly an exception but not the rule:rolleyes: Did that happen on Princess?

It's happened to us. My DH was in the shower, I was drying my hair. Had the door locked with the do not disturb sign out.

Seems there was a group of kids on board that would remove or turn the do not disturb signs around and add items to peoples breakfast orders.:mad:

It's happened to us. My DH was in the shower, I was drying my hair. Had the door locked with the do not disturb sign out.

Seems there was a group of kids on board that would remove or turn the do not disturb signs around and add items to peoples breakfast orders.:mad:

My mother's friend (in her 60's) does this... So stupid.:(

My mother's friend (in her 60's) does this... So stupid.:(

OMG, seriously? Does she also press all the buttons in the elevator and run up and down the halls banging on cabin doors? And people who meet her probably think she's normal, that's the scary thing.

OMG, seriously? Does she also press all the buttons in the elevator and run up and down the halls banging on cabin doors? And people who meet her probably think she's normal, that's the scary thing.

I wouldn't put it past her. (except for the running up and down the hall thing-- she is just not in shape for that!)

no I don't think they would have mentioned that...because she would have been speaking to the Security or Guest Services or to the Housekeeping......and the person who may have been checking on her could have been the Medical staff...and they are outside people...just like the Spa staff.

The 2 are definitely related though...because she posted on the other thread about diverticulitis issues...needing meds...and then a logical person might think that it would not be such a stretch for the med staff..assuming she went to them..which makes sense... since she was complaining about a rather serious ailment...to want to check up on her...

If she hadn't posted about the diverticulitis then maybe it is a scary situation to have someone..without a PCL name tag..on your balcony...but in her case...based on her other thread and this one...it makes perfect sense that the medical staff...non PCL staff btw...would make every effort to check on her.

in this case..it is much ado about nothing...but posters love to see the darker side of everything on these boards...

as evidenced by another thread that starts with..."word on the street" has it that something serious happened on a ship out of NYC....again...much ado about nothing....

Not much ado about nothing if someone is climbing on one's balcony without properly identifying themself. If it's medical staff, a nurse or tech would have said that they were from the infirmary or if someone from the crew checking on their behalf, they would say so.

Not much ado about nothing if someone is climbing on one's balcony without properly identifying themself. If it's medical staff' date=' a nurse or tech would have said that they were from the infirmary or if someone from the crew checking on their behalf, they would say so.[/quote']

what I am saying is that she posted about a serious medical condition...probably went to the infirmary to check it out...and if all she says about the door jiggling and then someone on her balcony is correctly stated in her posts...then it really is not a stretch to say it was medical staff......also...is there any mention at all about any threat or harm to her?

So...think back...someone jiggled her door......so they know it was bolted..she doesn't mention anything about them knocking or her saying "who is it?" or "we will be right there"..then someone shows up on the balcony...think it thru...

and since when should a pax be scared of a knock on the door? That is no issue at all. Her not answering it is the issue at hand...and if med staff wanted to check on a sick pax..and knew the door was bolted from inside..which is the case per the OP....they also knew that the sick pax might have surely been in the room...but didn't or was unable to answer..so of course they needed to check further. should they have phoned? of course...but since she didn't answer the door...they may have certainly expected her to be ill and unable to do so.

I don't agree. I feel that if someone was coming from your verandah, then first of all how did they get out onto the verandah. Surely they wouldn't have gone through someone else's cabin just to see if you okay.

The medical staff have more than enough to do without taking these extreme steps just to find out if the OP was responding to medication. There is always the phone or asking their steward to open the door with the pass key.

Also, they are always in uniform and you would know they were from the infirmary.

It is very odd to think that someone was climbing over or walking through the verandah separators to visit a cabin!! I know that the video cameras on the bridge can see onto each verandah but other than that, it is your very own private area and unless you have been warned by a notice, that your windows are going to be cleaned or there is painting to be done, no-one ever comes visiting that way.

As I said in a previous post, it does sound very fishy to say the least.

Jennie

Archived