Voyager of the seas question

farmer92

been lookin at pics and was wandering, we are on the deck 7 regular balcony midship, question is the lifeboats hanging on the side, is there any obstructed views because of this on deck 7? also are the balconies on deck 7 made of glass also? thank you in advance

been lookin at pics and was wandering, we are on the deck 7 regular balcony midship, question is the lifeboats hanging on the side, is there any obstructed views because of this on deck 7? also are the balconies on deck 7 made of glass also? thank you in advance

Lifeboats are on deck 5. A small portion of the top of the outside balcony wall is glass, but the bottom is metal.

You can see some photos at this website:

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/balc_E/gallery.html

Lifeboats are on deck 5. A small portion of the top of the outside balcony wall is glass, but the bottom is metal.

You can see some photos at this website:

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/balc_E/gallery.html

I think the major portion of the metal on balconies is only on Deck 6. While on the VOS, I found this true on Deck 6 only so I went to cabins on Deck 7 where it was not that situation. I have been assured that Deck 6 on the Mariner does not have the larger steel portion which I hope is true because I have booked 6612 for our Mariner TA this fall. However, it has not been a major inconvenience; I could still see out while seated. I don't remember that the balcony was "framed" like the picture depicts except maybe a D2 that was at the very front of the ship.

No life boat obstruction on Deck 7.

Tucker in Texas

I think the major portion of the metal on balconies is only on Deck 6. While on the VOS, I found this true on Deck 6 only so I went to cabins on Deck 7 where it was not that situation. I have been assured that Deck 6 on the Mariner does not have the larger steel portion which I hope is true because I have booked 6612 for our Mariner TA this fall. However, it has not been a major inconvenience; I could still see out while seated. I don't remember that the balcony was "framed" like the picture depicts except maybe a D2 that was at the very front of the ship.

Tucker in Texas

I think you are correct that the Voyager deck 6 balconies are different (more steel) than the balconies on the higher decks. However, even the balconies on the higher decks of Voyager have less glass than those on Mariner.

Here's a link to a better comparison photo. Scroll down a bit:

http://www.voyager-class.com/design/process/comparison/comparison.html

Bob

Tucker in Texas

We haven't been on Voyager yet...but we have been on Mariner and Navigator. The balconies looking out are all glass. (Like normal Royal Caribbean balconies) They aren't cut out of the hull like the photos I've seen of Voyager. :D

Thank You again, we are traveling on Voyager out of NOLA in Nov., we chose this first RCI cruise because of logistics. we are getting super excited now it is getting closer, as we have only been on Carnival prior, which we thought was decent, but not having anything to compare to, well until Nov., hope we are impressed as we have talked another couple in going with us that has never cruised before.

Archived