HAL Brochures - Cruise Atlas

sail7seas

She can always order more. They're available though why they're not available enough to get to 4-star Mariner's is beyond me and I agree with OP HAL has to keep it's most loyal customers happy with these inclusions as a matter of course.

She does order more -- but HAL -- for some unknown reason -- sends but only a couple of brochures at any one time. And with a large agency -- they go fast.

HAL is known for having an older demographic as its customer base.

Limiting their marketing to computer geeks seems to be a strange way to make their customer base younger.

It's sort of like killing all the older customers, so the remaining customers will be younger.

and really don't have to send us much info to get us to book another cruise. I think that they are right although I think it's a lousy attitude but where else can you get all the ammentities of a HAL ship and be able to smoke on your balcony. WE are one couple stuck with them.

How can we book the cruise is we don't know what they are sellilng?

They DO have us locked in. I am the first to say so. We will only sail HAL but how can we decide where we want to sail where, when and on what ship if we are not comfortable or agreeable to scouring their website? My DH will not sit on his couch with a laptop jumping all around the site and frankly neither will I.

I say it in simple terms: HAL, print a 'dam' cruise planner, Please.

Count me in. I've mentioned before that there's nothing like a glossy brochure to start the dreaming, discussion and finally the booking process for DH and me. I also use the brochure, or a pages from it, to show friends the itinerary and the deck plans, and soon have them drooling over the thought of a cruise for themselves. I'm surprised no one from HAL has joined this conversation. Is Marketing off on a cruise?

Mrs M

HAL is known for having an older demographic as its customer base.

Limiting their marketing to computer geeks seems to be a strange way to make their customer base younger.

It's sort of like killing all the older customers, so the remaining customers will be younger.

I don't believe HAL is "limiting" their marketing to the computer and believe it's more of a failing with the humans who oversee the Mariner program as they aren't sending out hardcopy HAL cruise atlases to Four Star members.

Carnival on the other hand has stopped printing hardcopy brochures but don't see HAL going that route anytime soon.

I can understand not sending them out to every 4 star Mariners as according to another thread there are thousands of people who would have this status. But why in the world would they not send one out to those who request them? It would sure make me feel that my business is not important to them.

I can understand not sending them out to every 4 star Mariners as according to another thread there are thousands of people who would have this status.

I can't understand it as it's an advertised benefit of being a 2, 3 and 4 star Mariner so why list it if it isn't uniformly done? IMHO if you aren't goint to do it well don't do it or offer it.

I agree, it's a big turn off to me for a company to state that these are the benefits for our loyal customers and then fail to provide those benefits. Now, I have yet to cruise on HAL (Jan. 2012) but from reading a few of these types of threads I can't say that they come across as being very concerned with long time customers.

I can't understand it as it's an advertised benefit of being a 2, 3 and 4 star Mariner so why list it if it isn't uniformly done? IMHO if you aren't goint to do it well don't do it or offer it.

Perhaps HAL included the Atlas as a benefit without thinking about how expensive it would be to provide it to so many people. Indeed, don't promise what you have no intention of deliverying.

Archived