Elevator arrival bells - heard in cabins?

efghi9

Hi everyone, our first cabin directly across from the entrance to the middle elevators, C426 BA Emerald Princess. Can you hear the ding which signals the arrival of an elevator in the cabins near by? We are in bed early and it could make for a noisy sleep. The only other option is C255 - forward BB. It may be windy on the balcony in this latter cabin.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Sandra

Thank you both for your reassuring words. I think we will stick with C426 and not switch to C255. We are both light sleepers so I need to pay attention to cabin location. My son (aged 10) and I like Princess Cruises.

Sandra

Thank you both for your reassuring words. I think we will stick with C426 and not switch to C255. We are both light sleepers so I need to pay attention to cabin location. My son (aged 10) and I like Princess Cruises.

Sandra

I'm going to respond again, because I see that 255 is a BB forward and 426 is a BA miships. While midships is always preferred, you are now dealing with 6 elevators instead of the usual 3 at either end. This one I can't give an opinion on, since we always book forward. If I were doing it, I would have taken 255, which was probably a few less dollars too.

I'm going to respond again, because I see that 255 is a BB forward and 426 is a BA miships. While midships is always preferred, you are now dealing with 6 elevators instead of the usual 3 at either end. This one I can't give an opinion on, since we always book forward. If I were doing it, I would have taken 255, which was probably a few less dollars too.

I appreciate your advise. I know we would enjoy either, but since we have a choice I want to weigh all factors. C255 will have more door slamming across the hall I would think. Also do you think it is windy on the balcony when forward?? If it is not windy then maybe I should take C255. I like using the balcony. The longer hike to the kids club is a consideration, although extra walking is good. Across from Service elevators have also been a fear for me. Locating service elevators can be trickey on the deck plans. I will give so me serious thought this afternoon.

Sandra

I appreciate your advise. I know we would enjoy either, but since we have a choice I want to weigh all factors. C255 will have more door slamming across the hall I would think. Also do you think it is windy on the balcony when forward?? If it is not windy then maybe I should take C255. I like using the balcony. The longer hike to the kids club is a consideration, although extra walking is good. Across from Service elevators have also been a fear for me. Locating service elevators can be trickey on the deck plans. I will give so me serious thought this afternoon.

Sandra

I forgot to mention that the price difference between BA and BB is about $200. Also I made a few typos last response my apologies.

On our April cruise, we were midship on Dolphin deck. Right across the hall was the stairwell entrance as well as the stewards service elevator. I don't recall hearing the bells or much traffic. The room was pretty quiet. This is just my experience.

On our April cruise, we were midship on Dolphin deck. Right across the hall was the stairwell entrance as well as the stewards service elevator. I don't recall hearing the bells or much traffic. The room was pretty quiet. This is just my experience.

Thank you. Your response also helped me to locate the service elevator. I think I now know where two banks of service elevators are, across from C306/C305 and C502/C501. This cruise is going to use up my entire vacation budget so I am trying to make sure I do some homework. That said....I fell lucky and fortunate to be able to be on this cruise. All of your responses are much appreciated.

Feel free anyone else to confirm or correct.

Sandra

Hi everyone, our first cabin directly across from the entrance to the middle elevators, C426 BA Emerald Princess. Can you hear the ding which signals the arrival of an elevator in the cabins near by? We are in bed early and it could make for a noisy sleep. The only other option is C255 - forward BB. It may be windy on the balcony in this latter cabin.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Sandra

Nope, not a sound. We were in E421, across from the Panoramic elevators and it was quiet. I thought we might here voices from those arriving and departing the elevators, but no sound there either. Not to worry!

Well I will go against the majority here as we were right across from the aft elevators on the Crown last September and I could hear the chime when we were inside our room with the door closed. BUT, it was quite faint and did not bother us at all. In fact, it took me a few days to figure out where the sound was coming from.

We have booked the same location for our Greek Isles cruise in a couple of weeks so obviously it was not much of an issue. I would much prefer your midship location to the forward cabin just because of possible motion issues and, as you mentioned, wind on the balcony. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Well I will go against the majority here as we were right across from the aft elevators on the Crown last September and I could hear the chime when we were inside our room with the door closed. BUT, it was quite faint and did not bother us at all. In fact, it took me a few days to figure out where the sound was coming from.

We have booked the same location for our Greek Isles cruise in a couple of weeks so obviously it was not much of an issue. I would much prefer your midship location to the forward cabin just because of possible motion issues and, as you mentioned, wind on the balcony. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Just wanted to give and update, another cabin down the hall opened up so we switched to C614. Making changes always seems foreboding to me, like switching bank teller lines or grocery check out lines, you never win you some how end up in the slower line and it may be that C426 is the better location. I must move on thought to researching the ports. We were on the Star this summer for the Greek Isles cruise and it was the best cruise ever, the Greek isles are perfect for visiting for a day and moving on. Venice and Rome are better than ever. The Star is a perfect size ship.

Thank you all for your responses. Sandra

Just wanted to give and update, another cabin down the hall opened up so we switched to C614. Making changes always seems foreboding to me, like switching bank teller lines or grocery check out lines, you never win you some how end up in the slower line and it may be that C426 is the better location. I must move on thought to researching the ports. We were on the Star this summer for the Greek Isles cruise and it was the best cruise ever, the Greek isles are perfect for visiting for a day and moving on. Venice and Rome are better than ever. The Star is a perfect size ship.

Thank you all for your responses. Sandra

I think you made a good decision. That takes one more thing off the "things to worry about" list. Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived