Upgrades

dfishner

Does Azamara ever upgrade? I am on the 11/27 west indies cruise and noticed that there are over 67 cabins available above a V3. Now granted I booked this cruise on the upgrade offer from a ov to a Balcony which was great I am just curious with cabins sitting empty do they ever move guest up..

Good question. I'm curious about this too.

It's becoming more and more rare that cruise lines offer complimentary upgrades these days, but I'm wondering if Azamara offers "upsells". This is where they call you prior to sailing and offer upgraded accommodations at a discounted price. This is what most cruise lines do these days in order to maximize as much revenue as possible.

Ernie

My parents were on a B2B last year on Quest and they paid to upgrade from a balcony to a suite after the first leg at a greatly discounted price so maybe they are available once on board but probably only worth it if you're on a long cruise. I think theirs was nearly 3 weeks with several sea days & my mum was pining for a bath tub! They loved their suite.

Hi Everyone,

Im unsure how Azamara (or most Cruise lines for that matter) handles this. It appears to be quite random. Over the years, we've seen posts about complimentary upgrades - though they appear to infrequent. Last week, a Cruise Critic member reported being offered an upsell to a Suite.

My advice : always book the category you will be happy with, and consider any upgrade a Bonus. This way, you can avoid any potential disappointment. I hope this is helpful.

My advice : always book the category you will be happy with, and consider any upgrade a Bonus. This way, you can avoid any potential disappointment. I hope this is helpful.

I don't think most people book a cabin with the expectation of getting upgraded. It's rare when it happens so that strategy would be rather pointless.

This being said, everyone enjoys getting a "deal"' whether it be an upsell or upgrade. I've sailed on most cruise lines sailing today and have found each has different policies regarding upsells and upgrades. While no one outside the inventory and yield management departments of each perspective line know exactly how they work, we do know which lines offer them and they are talked about quite frequently on CC.

I was curious if Azamara ever offered them, and figured it's likely they follow the same strategy as their sister brands Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. These days every cruise line is trying to maximize revenue and upsells are an effective way to accomplish this. They help fill unsold premium accommodations while adding revenue and pleasing those that were offered the opportunity.

Ernie

We were recently on an Azamara cruise that had at least 25 better unsold cabins and were not offered an upgrade.

We met a couple that booked the same cabin category and they were upgraded, and has nothing to do with price paid at booking because we know for a fact that the other couple paid a very low "insider" rate for their cabin while we paid only a slightly discounted from MSRP for the same cabin.

So I think it is hit or miss. :confused:

Since I started the thread I was just curious as to how azamara handles upgrades or upsells I am very satified with my cabin choice. What promted me to ask the question was that there is 67 cabins available above my current cabin catergory which is a V3 and with a little more then two months to go I really do not see many of them moving so hence the question.

I don't think most people book a cabin with the expectation of getting upgraded. It's rare when it happens so that strategy would be rather pointless.

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

The reason I said it, is that not everyone is a seasoned cruiser, so it's a fair question. Over the years, I've seen dozens of threads asking this same question, so there are some cruisers with hopes or perhaps expectations of being upgraded. That's why I said it's best not to expect an upgrade, especially on a smaller ship, as it lowers the chances of it happening.

I LOVE the upgrade fairy!!!! Unfortunately, she has never visited me on Azamara ..... Celebrity, yes ...... very nicely.

I am hoping for an upgrade but book the CC suite in case not.

Maybe one day she will visit me on Azamara ..... probably about the same time George Clooney decides he will "bunk" with me on the ship!!!! ;) :D :p

Does Azamara ever upgrade? I am on the 11/27 west indies cruise and noticed that there are over 67 cabins available above a V3. Now granted I booked this cruise on the upgrade offer from a ov to a Balcony which was great I am just curious with cabins sitting empty do they ever move guest up..

How can you tell how many cabins are left? Is there a website with this information?

How can you tell how many cabins are left? Is there a website with this information?

Just go on any travel agent website and pull down the sailing your looking for and I just start counting by category. Sometimes they do not list all the cabin available but you can get a pretty good idea how the ship is selling.

Just go on any travel agent website and pull down the sailing your looking for and I just start counting by category. Sometimes they do not list all the cabin available but you can get a pretty good idea how the ship is selling.

Hi Dale, That seems like a lot of rooms left on our ship as it is small... That should make for an even less crowded ship..which is good too!

Hi Dale, That seems like a lot of rooms left on our ship as it is small... That should make for an even less crowded ship..which is good too![/quote

It will make it easy to book the Prime C and Aqualina which is great. LOL I am still going to be in a state of shock the last two cruises we were on were Oasis and NOS so this is going to be a real eye opener to us. I am looking to have a fun time and Rob still has no idea that any of this is happening. I will tell him the begining of November.

Archived