Is Carnival considered a previous cruise for Princess?

meripour

If we sailed on Carnival years ago, does Princess consider that a previous cruise for the purpose of the Captains Circle since they are owners of Princess? This would offer an nice bonus on our recent booking if we can become return patrons to Princess via Carnival.

If we sailed on Carnival years ago, does Princess consider that a previous cruise for the purpose of the Captains Circle since they are owners of Princess? This would offer an nice bonus on our recent booking if we can become return patrons to Princess via Carnival.

I wish they did! It would be nice to be Elite (or whatever the other lines call it) on all of the Carnival fleets.

Towards your Captain's Circle status? The answer would be no. Although you should be able to get past passenger rates on your price paid for the cruise, your Carnival Cruise will not count towards any status on princess.

I've been trying to get past guest rates for next year but to no avail....Toto2 or anyone else..if you have had any luck getting past guest rates on Princess by being a CCL past guest..please post your experience...thanks!

I've been trying to get past guest rates for next year but to no avail....Toto2 or anyone else..if you have had any luck getting past guest rates on Princess by being a CCL past guest..please post your experience...thanks!

Possibly change number 652 with Princess. There have been a lot of changes lately, and they may have stopped giving those past passenger rates now to CCL cruisers.

BUT, remember, if you find a good discount TA, you can really save a lot over Princess prices.

Possibly change number 652 with Princess. There have been a lot of changes lately, and they may have stopped giving those past passenger rates now to CCL cruisers.

BUT, remember, if you find a good discount TA, you can really save a lot over Princess prices.

I do have the top discount agent and have already gotten price reductions...but they keep saying that CCL past guests do not get the PCL past guest rate. It would save me $400 if they said yes though.

I would never use the cruiseline to book a cruise..they would rather lose the booking than give you a free bottle of wine or a small OBC...but they have no problem letting me go to the TA and then paying the TA a commission...go figure...

Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess or any other cruiseline. They are owned by a holding company, Carnival Corporation & Plc, which also owns HAL, Cunard, Seaborne, etc. All of these cruiselines are operated separately with their own loyalty programs. You might get a loyalty member number or a past passenger discount but other than that, there's no co-mingling. Which is as it should be.

What do they offer on board for future cruise booked?
Once onboard, you can purchase a "Future Cruise Credit" for $100 per person which acts as the entire deposit for a future cruise plus you get an OBC for using the FCC, the amount depending on the cabin category booked. The only time you can't use an FCC as a deposit is for a World Cruise or segment of a World Cruise. You have four years to use the FCC or request a refund. It's a good deal for everyone.

Cruises on P&O are also counted for Captains Circle

From my understanding yes, P&O are counted, but you must sail on your first Princess cruise before they can be counted towards your sailings/cruises on Princess in your Captain's Circle Membership.

I thought they included Sitmar and some other things.

Yes, but the OP was asking about a past Carnival Cruise only.

Sitmar is included if you still have the documentation.

See above in previous answer.

Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess or any other cruiseline. They are owned by a holding company, Carnival Corporation & Plc, which also owns HAL, Cunard, Seaborne, etc. All of these cruiselines are operated separately with their own loyalty programs. You might get a loyalty member number or a past passenger discount but other than that, there's no co-mingling. Which is as it should be.

Pam,

I agree with everythibg you said until "Which is as it should be". Airlines and credit card companies cooperate with each other in switching frequent traveler points around and they aren't even owned by a common parent. Why shouldn't cruise lines?

Bob

Pam,

I agree with everythibg you said until "Which is as it should be". Airlines and credit card companies cooperate with each other in switching frequent traveler points around and they aren't even owned by a common parent. Why shouldn't cruise lines?

Bob

+1 on that Bob.

I felt the same way right up to that statement. From my perspective, as life goes on, one's tastes and/or needs often change. Carnival Corporation & Plc has multiple cruise lines with each one serving a different niche in the cruise market. My first couple of cruises were on Carnival and we really enjoyed them. However as life goes on, maybe you don't want the party so much any more. Right now, Princess is very comfortable for us however, as personal circumstances evolve and change it would be nice to transfer that loyalty to a niche which might become a better fit. A loyalty transfer would give Carnival Corporation & Plc lines an advantage over non-Carnival Corporation & Plc lines, giving the overall corporation a better chance to keep business.

After all, the CCL stock is not in Princess or Carnival or Cunard, etc., it is in the Corporation and business-wise the shareholders are the ultimate customer.

If they combined loyalty credits, there would be so many onboard receiving the benefits that I am sure we would all see them drop like a rock. I can definitely understand why Carnival Corp does not combine credits for all of their lines as Princess has some of the best loyalty awards onboard in the business. Just think on some cruises with 90% of the ship receiving Elite benefits, complimentary unlimited laundry, complimentary internet, complimentary bar set up. And the priority tenders would be nothing but a joke. They would have to open half or more of the ship to the priority disembarkation lounge, not to mention the priority boarding.

I think they know what they are doing here by keeping those credits seperate. Although I am sure those that have only sailed on other Carnival Corp lines will definitely argue this point. ;)

The huge difference is that airlines use miles as the criteria for their loyalty program benefits, not number of flights. Princess also counts the number of cruises and since they have very few cruises shorter than 7 days and Carnival has a great number of 3-, 4-, and 5-day cruises, if you combined the programs, most Carnival cruisers would qualify for benefits immediately since it can take Princess cruisers 2x as long. As Toto says, this would flood the Princess benefits with new members and it would no longer be beneficial to Princess to reward their loyal customers. Chances are, they would do away with most of the benefits as they are now. Not fair to Princess cruisers who earned those benefits by being repeat cruisers.

Archived