Transfers by ALL CITY LIMOUSINES

Broch

I have been corresponding with All City Limousines New york regarding transfers from JFK and also other rides. I have to say they have been very helpful. Very prompt replies. So I am really hoping this carries through to their service on the road. Has anyone used this company, I think they are quite small and are not so well known as companies like DIAL 7 whom I have e mailed 3 yes 3 times not in the same week but over a 3 week period. I have tried 3 different e mail address's and their online quote system. Now I know our trip is not until next year so I don't know if that is the problem why they have not got back to me. Anyway I would be delighted if some posters have any experience working with All City Limousines. Thanks for any replies.

I've never heard of them, and when I Googled "All City Limousines New York" the only company matching that name is based in Greenwich, Connecticut, not New York City. Greenwich is a nearby suburb, but it isn't New York City.

As to your not getting a response from Dial 7, your trip is so far away...ten months...that I'm not surprised they haven't answered...they have customers with far more immediate needs to serve.

Personally, I wouldn't make limo reservations until a month before they're needed...usually I wait until two weeks before my trip...sometimes two days before if I've neglected to remember to reserve. There are so many limo services with so many cars in their fleets that it doesn't require a lot of advance planning. I wouldn't trust any limo company to keep track of a reservation for as many months in advance as you are trying to make it.

I've never heard of them, and when I Googled "All City Limousines New York" the only company matching that name is based in Greenwich, Connecticut, not New York City. Greenwich is a nearby suburb, but it isn't New York City.

As to your not getting a response from Dial 7, your trip is so far away...ten months...that I'm not surprised they haven't answered...they have customers with far more immediate needs to serve.

Personally, I wouldn't make limo reservations until a month before they're needed...usually I wait until two weeks before my trip...sometimes two days before if I've neglected to remember to reserve. There are so many limo services with so many cars in their fleets that it doesn't require a lot of advance planning. I wouldn't trust any limo company to keep track of a reservation for as many months in advance as you are trying to make it.

Thanks for the advice. The reason I was trying to book early is because we have party of 11 and small children and also to get the vehicles we want. I don't normally use private transfers preferring the cruise transfers, but I have found that they pick you up when they want rather than when you want, and as we want to book trips while we are in New York I thought about getting in early. Here is the company address I was looking at. You will know New York better than me.

All City Car & Limousines LLC

(212) 967-9649

350 5th Ave

New York, NY 10118

Thanks for the advice. The reason I was trying to book early is because we have party of 11 and small children and also to get the vehicles we want. I don't normally use private transfers preferring the cruise transfers, but I have found that they pick you up when they want rather than when you want, and as we want to book trips while we are in New York I thought about getting in early. Here is the company address I was looking at. You will know New York better than me.

All City Car & Limousines LLC

(212) 967-9649

350 5th Ave

New York, NY 10118

OK...by including the word "car" in the company's name (you had omitted that in your first post) you do get listings for that company. I've still never heard of them (not that I claim to have heard of every company doing business in NY!), and I can't even find a Web site for the company, which in this day and age is very unusual. But if you have a recommendation from someone who is familiar with the company (I'm not sure how you found them) then you already know more than I do about them.

Regardless, I would wait until a little closer to your date of arrival to make reservations with any company. Two or three months out should be more than enough time...maybe six months at most.

Whatever you do, don't give them any credit card deposit. It isn't necessary. When reserving transportation for a large party don't forget that you need room for all the luggage. You need to communicate that when you call for your reservations. As stated above a few months is more than enough time. Here is the page for JFK airport ground transportation.http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-taxi-car-van-service.html

Usually one calls for the reservation, then confirms the day of. When you get to the airport you most likely need to call again to tell them to pick you up at the baggage claim area.

OK...by including the word "car" in the company's name (you had omitted that in your first post) you do get listings for that company. I've still never heard of them (not that I claim to have heard of every company doing business in NY!), and I can't even find a Web site for the company, which in this day and age is very unusual. But if you have a recommendation from someone who is familiar with the company (I'm not sure how you found them) then you already know more than I do about them.

Regardless, I would wait until a little closer to your date of arrival to make reservations with any company. Two or three months out should be more than enough time...maybe six months at most.

Hi While I do appreciate your reply, and thank you for the link, I will probaly find this very useful. If you read both my posts I don't think you will find that I said I had a recommendation for them. I was hoping that I would get recommendations here although it does not seem likely. I do not know if many people have heard of them. Thanks for the advice regarding waiting till a few months before. Here in the UK especially for weddings we book a year or maybe two years to get a booking, but in New York it is probably a whole lot different as there are so many to choose from. This is the website that I found them. I think their main office is in Greenwich but they also have an office in New York. Here is a link to their website http://www.allctlimo.com/- They do not ask for a credit card for deposit just to hold the reservation, but of course once they have your credit card details they can do what they want. Anyhow I would alert my CC company with instructions. Who can you trust these days. Some of the biggest companies in the world have gone to the wall in recent years. This what makes it so scary when you book so far in advance but this is necessary if you want to book something specific

Hi While I do appreciate your reply, and thank you for the link, I will probaly find this very useful. If you read both my posts I don't think you will find that I said I had a recommendation for them. I was hoping that I would get recommendations here although it does not seem likely. I do not know if many people have heard of them. Thanks for the advice regarding waiting till a few months before. Here in the UK especially for weddings we book a year or maybe two years to get a booking, but in New York it is probably a whole lot different as there are so many to choose from. This is the website that I found them. I think their main office is in Greenwich but they also have an office in New York. Here is a link to their website http://www.allctlimo.com/- They do not ask for a credit card for deposit just to hold the reservation, but of course once they have your credit card details they can do what they want. Anyhow I would alert my CC company with instructions. Who can you trust these days. Some of the biggest companies in the world have gone to the wall in recent years. This what makes it so scary when you book so far in advance but this is necessary if you want to book something specific

I doubt they are the same company. That site is for the company in Greenwich, Connecticut, "All City Limousines". In your second post you used "All City Car and Limousines" . Two different names...and in two different states, Connecticut and New York, respectively. There's nothing to indicate any connection between the two.

I know you hadn't said you had a recommendation, but I was trying to determine how you came upon this company...or these two companies. I was hoping that you didn't just randomly pick a company from some unidentified source.

I doubt they are the same company. That site is for the company in Greenwich, Connecticut, "All City Limousines". In your second post you used "All City Car and Limousines" . Two different names...and in two different states, Connecticut and New York, respectively. There's nothing to indicate any connection between the two.

I know you hadn't said you had a recommendation, but I was trying to determine how you came upon this company...or these two companies. I was hoping that you didn't just randomly pick a company from some unidentified source.

O.K. Thanks. I found All City when I e-mailed Limousines of America Web Site http://limousinesofamerica.com with details of my trips who in turn then give leads to the following limo companies

SELECTED SERVICE PROVIDERS

All City Limousines

(203) 485-9781

American Classic Limousines

(212) 979-0500

New York Luxury Limousine

(718) 251-2525

NYC Limo Pickups

(718) 593-9446

U.S. Open Limousines Inc.

(718) 457-2418

http://limousinesofamerica.com

Then I was sent quotes from these companies. The other company All cities car Limousines came in when I was looking for reviews of the first one. As I am not familiar with the city Telephone codes so I did not know, but now I can see that the New York ones seem to be (718) and I do not know what the other two are. (202) & (213) Perhaps you can help me there.

OP-PLEASE take a GOOD LOOK at the link you posted.

It appears to be a booking service/concierge service for private jets, limos, tuxedos, business cards, fancy dresses, etc. (ALL listed under about and in the services at the bottom)

At the bottom are two links to limo services as well as private jet service.

Please use one of the well known limo services like Carmel or Dial 7 (my favorite).

If this is just a booking service, you are paying a premium and who knows who is paying who???

O.K. Thanks. I found All City when I e-mailed Limousines of America Web Site http://limousinesofamerica.com with details of my trips who in turn then give leads to the following limo companies

SELECTED SERVICE PROVIDERS

All City Limousines

(203) 485-9781

American Classic Limousines

(212) 979-0500

New York Luxury Limousine

(718) 251-2525

NYC Limo Pickups

(718) 593-9446

U.S. Open Limousines Inc.

(718) 457-2418

http://limousinesofamerica.com

Then I was sent quotes from these companies. The other company All cities car Limousines came in when I was looking for reviews of the first one. As I am not familiar with the city Telephone codes so I did not know, but now I can see that the New York ones seem to be (718) and I do not know what the other two are. (202) & (213) Perhaps you can help me there.

718 is parts of Brooklyn and Queens.

212 is Manhattan (although there is an overlay area code 646 that confuses a lot of people)

213 is Los Angeles

203 is Connecticut (this company will most likely job it out to another company in the NYC area so you may pay an upcharge)

Thanks to all posters. I am learning. I think I may wait a while before I do anything more. Anymore advice on companies will be gratefully received. I hope to get a reply from Carmel soon

Dial 7 and Carmel also have access to larger transportation, even bus size.

Talk to them but you don't need to make a reservation this early and for sure prices may change just as gas prices have changed so much.

As others have pointed out it is very early. These companies work on very short notice for the most part. They are able to handle larger groups and will respond at some point, but it may be awhile. The limo companies you contacted are very high end and very $$$$. Not really what you are looking for I think.

Carmel or Dial 7 can serve your needs I am sure.:)

B.

And which "they" are you referring to, since the OP has mentioned two different companies with similar names, and other posters have mentioned different companies.

Yes please Who are you reffering to who have been in business for years

Archived