Pacific PEARL - double and single bed in standard cabin

beck4711

Hello helpfull Cruise Critic people :p

We are leaving on 19 Dec for a Xmas cruise and are very excited.

Question time - has anyone on here requested a double and single bed in a standard outside cabin.

Since I'm travelling alone with my daughter (6 years) we have got 2 singles, which was fine last time cause our cruise ended up being cut short due to the Pac Sun rolling on the cruise before ours, and i'm thinking 10 nights in a single bed may not so comfy. Not worry about it leaving no rooms, as we are only really in the cabins to sleep to shower.

My mum has suggested maybe just taking a single blow up bed...:confused:

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks ;)

Question time - has anyone on here requested a double and single bed in a standard outside cabin.

Since I'm travelling alone with my daughter (6 years) we have got 2 singles, which was fine last time cause our cruise ended up being cut short due to the Pac Sun rolling on the cruise before ours, and i'm thinking 10 nights in a single bed may not so comfy. Not worry about it leaving no rooms, as we are only really in the cabins to sleep to shower.

Thanks ;)

beck you wont be able to have a double bed and a single....its two twins or a double but you might be able to get away with a blow up bed but couldnt you sleep with your daughter in the big double bed

Thanks ;)

There would not be room to have a double and a single. All cabins have two singles (90 cm wide) that can be joined together to make a queen-size bed. There is only enough room to walk down both sides of the bed and not enough room to have another bed as well.

The other alternative would be to have the two singles joined as a queen and use a single that folds down from the wall. However this would not work for two reasons -

P & O don't permit passengers to use the fold-away upper bunks when the lower bed is made into a queen size bed (with good reason in my opinion).

It would not be safe to have a 6 year old in an upper bunk and P & O don't allow it, for safety reasons.

The single beds are quite comfy and with the cabin made up this way there is a fair bit of spare space.:)

The single beds on Pacific Pearl are fine (as they are on other ships). We spent 28 days with the cabin made up into twin beds - very comfortable. In fact we prefer this arrangement on cruise ships - it allows much better use of the space in the cabin ( in our opinion )

Barry

What ?? When did that happen ???

I think Beck4711 is probably referring to the three massive rolls or knock downs that Pacific Sun sustained in a severe tropical storm in July 2008. Must have been scary stuff for all concerned with the numerous injuries and it also did a lot of internal damage.

Yes back to 2008.

We are doing the same cruise we planned back in 2008 this December becuase it the first time this route has come back up again.

In 2008 we were 2 days late I think getting onto the boat, spend 1 night in port at Auckland and went to Noumea and Isle of Pines instead of Suva, Dravuni, Nuku'alofa and Vava'u.

Archived