jamaica for a day?

zoiesmom

I have read somewhere that Jamaica for a day will pick you up at port and take you to a nearby all inclusive. We are stopping in Ocho Rios and are thinking of doing this. Has anyone used it or heard of it? Any other ideas, we will be a group of 7 adults with a 3yr old and a 11month old....

I have read somewhere that Jamaica for a day will pick you up at port and take you to a nearby all inclusive. We are stopping in Ocho Rios and are thinking of doing this. Has anyone used it or heard of it? Any other ideas, we will be a group of 7 adults with a 3yr old and a 11month old....

We just used them last week for our visit to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort, which is in Montego Bay. We docked in Falmouth and the resort was only about 20-25 min from the port. The resort was outstanding and the service from Jamaica for a Day was flawless. I know you were talking about something near Ocho Rios, but never the less, the tour company was still a good experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Sandancer, I found it on tripadvisor. The company is called Jamaica for a day. I think you can google them and they will tell you how to book it. Im thinking its simply jamaicaforaday.com but im not entirely sure. When are you going? If its before Oct. 31 let me know how you liked them.

We just used them last week for our visit to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort, which is in Montego Bay. We docked in Falmouth and the resort was only about 20-25 min from the port. The resort was outstanding and the service from Jamaica for a Day was flawless. I know you were talking about something near Ocho Rios, but never the less, the tour company was still a good experience.

Thank you for letting me know. Even though it was MB and not OR, its good to know the company is getting a positive repy.

I used Mark Morris last Oct for a group of 45 from our Roll Call. We had the best day that I have had in over 20+ cruises...

We spent the day at the Falls, River Tubing, the Blue Hole and we also had some great Jerk Chicken along the way.

Mark was attentive and very protective of our group, he even provided a cooler with soda and beer.

He still contacts me a year after our visit if he hears of news from my area to make sure we are safe... I know there are several tour guides in Jamaica but I would choose Mark again with no hesitation.

I have been trying to set up tours out of MoBay for a friend and tours that include Rose Hall were all $150 and up for up to 4 people plus $20 admission to tour the house. We only paid $65 for the entire day out of Ocho Rios to 3 activities we did, a much better deal than MoBay

We reserved Jamaicaforaday in Montego Bay (Sunset Beach) today. Our voucher/ticket we rcvd said we hae to give them our ship sail & sign card at check-in. Don't feel comfortable with that.....have others had to do that?

We went 2 years ago and had to do the same thing. Just like you we didn't feel comfortable with it but did it anyways.

You pick your cards up at the guard shack on the way out. The only hint is if you have also paid for the transfer to Sunset make sure you print two copies of your passes from Jamicaforaday. You will need one to get in with and use the second one to leave with.

On the way out the guard wanted to see out pass that we had turned in so she could give us our cards back. Needless to say I didn't have a 2nd copy and had to get a bit aggiated to get our cards back.

All in all it was still a great day and we are headed back in Nov.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an email from Kim at Jamaica for a day stating that we DO NOT have to give our sign and sail card. I will make sure to print that email and bring it with me in April because I don't like the idea of giving them my sign and sail card

Sounds like things may have changed which would be a good idea but please keep one thing in mind. Kim is with Jamica For A Day and not with the Sunset Resort people.

We reserved Jamaicaforaday in Montego Bay (Sunset Beach) today. Our voucher/ticket we rcvd said we hae to give them our ship sail & sign card at check-in. Don't feel comfortable with that.....have others had to do that?

We were just there 2 weeks ago and did not have to give them our sail and sign cards.The place was very nice,the beach was great,and the food was also pretty good.They had a grill(hamburgers,hot dogs,ans jerk chicken) and they also had a buffet with quite a few different choices.We will definately go back there when we cruise to Montego Bay again.

If you use JFD can you go to sunset or is Rose Hall the only option?

You can select the resort of your choice based on availabilty. There are also 2 resort options for Ocho Rios in addition to other islands/ports in the Caribbean.

Our port is falmouth

If you use JFD's package with transportation, Hilton Rose Hall would be your only option. I'm not sure how much farther Sunset Beach Resort is from Rose Hill but maybe it's possible to go there if you obtain your own transportation. You could purchase the day pass without the transportation option.

• 11 months later...
This link might be helpful. We're also traveling with children and were concerned about safety. I've emailed back and forth with Kim at Jamaicaforaday and went ahead and booked today. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33228671&postcount=25

This link might be helpful. We're also traveling with children and were concerned about safety. I've emailed back and forth with Kim at Jamaicaforaday and went ahead and booked today. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33228671&postcount=25

LOL, that's my review you linked to. (P.S. this thread you just posted on is about a year old ;))

I used Mark Morris last Oct for a group of 45 from our Roll Call. We had the best day that I have had in over 20+ cruises...

We spent the day at the Falls, River Tubing, the Blue Hole and we also had some great Jerk Chicken along the way.

Mark was attentive and very protective of our group, he even provided a cooler with soda and beer.

He still contacts me a year after our visit if he hears of news from my area to make sure we are safe... I know there are several tour guides in Jamaica but I would choose Mark again with no hesitation.

I have been trying to set up tours out of MoBay for a friend and tours that include Rose Hall were all $150 and up for up to 4 people plus $20 admission to tour the house. We only paid $65 for the entire day out of Ocho Rios to 3 activities we did, a much better deal than MoBay

Does he have a web site (or other contact information)?

Archived