What NOT to bring back from port with you...

Rockportgirl

Well, at least it wasn't an attempt at smuggling booze on board. That's just plain wrong.

:D

The part about the crew from Royal Caribbean trying to smuggle heroin and cocaine ONTO the island is disturbing as well. HOW do these people think they'll get away with something like that?

:D

The part about the crew from Royal Caribbean trying to smuggle heroin and cocaine ONTO the island is disturbing as well. HOW do these people think they'll get away with something like that?

I agree, how can someone think it is ok to smuggle something on to a ship when they are on vacation?

I think if you get caught smuggling things like drugs or anything not aloud on the ship, they should at least kick you off, and call the local authorities.

Doesn't sound like casual vacationers to me. I'm guessing with that quantity, they'd have to set this up well in advance.

That story says, "The ship had just arrived from the island of Nevis." Does Carnival stop there? :confused:

CCL goes to St. Kitts, right next door, but I wasn't aware it stopped at Nevis either.

Doesn't sound like casual vacationers to me. I'm guessing with that quantity, they'd have to set this up well in advance.

That story says, "The ship had just arrived from the island of Nevis." Does Carnival stop there? :confused:

That makes no sense. Sounds like they got the ports mixed up.

It is just going to make things worse embarking and disembarking in ports etc. Soon there will be body scanners there too for everyone. Body scanning thousands of passengers...we will have like an hour in each port.:eek:

And as far as the employees smuggling...really...come on...is it really worth it?:rolleyes:

I just want to cruise....is that sooooooooo wronnnnnggggggggggg?:p

Of course, Peterkin was caught in a random search. He was involved in the random search because someone dropped a dime on him.

Doc

Not sure about San Juan but at POM they had the dogs down in the luggage area before pax could disembark.

They also had the dogs at the end of gangplank.

Random would not be the issue nor someone alerting them.

Also, when we were in SJ going back through main gate to enter the port area they were searching all bags. Backpacks and such.

This was on our Aug28- Sept 4th sailing on Valor.

Not sure about San Juan but at POM they had the dogs down in the luggage area before pax could disembark.

They also had the dogs at the end of gangplank.

The dogs can sniff out the slightest trace of whatever they are trained to alert on, drugs, food, explosives, you name it.

The handler is better at spotting behavior than the dog. The handlers are trained to read people as the dog approaches. (I would bet that these guys are great poker players) They look for how happy a person is to see such a cute doggie sniffing bags or how happy they are that he is headed the other way.

They look for how happy a person is to see such a cute doggie sniffing bags or how happy they are that he is headed the other way.

LOL a cruiser I have been chatting with just this past Sunday asked the CBP officer if she could take the cute doggies picture ... his response was NO!

I had told her about the cute black doggie that I would not want to meet in an alley. So, when she saw him [the cute doggie] she knew he was the one, LOL

And yes they sure can sniff out the slightest sent. One of my neighbors has a drug dog he works for the local PD. That dog sure did get crazy shortly after a 'new' renter moved into the house between us. :eek:

Hmmmm I wonder why ... teeheehee I wonder if those PD cars surrounding the house had anything to do with it.;)

LOL a cruiser I have been chatting with just this past Sunday asked the CBP officer if she could take the cute doggies picture ... his response was NO!

I had told her about the cute black doggie that I would not want to meet in an alley. So, when she saw him [the cute doggie] she knew he was the one, LOL

And yes they sure can sniff out the slightest sent. One of my neighbors has a drug dog he works for the local PD. That dog sure did get crazy shortly after a 'new' renter moved into the house between us. :eek:

Hmmmm I wonder why ... teeheehee I wonder if those PD cars surrounding the house had anything to do with it.;)

They claim that a dog’s sense of smell is very different than a human. Not just more sensitive. Dogs can smell individual ingredients and not just an overall smell. Like we smell a loaf of fresh baked bread, a dog can smell flour, water, yeast, salt, oil.

My dog has intermittent profound deafness. It usually happens when he has a squirrel treed and I call him to come in although if you crinkle a food wrapper he can hear it all the way across the house. :D

It is just going to make things worse embarking and disembarking in ports etc. Soon there will be body scanners there too for everyone. Body scanning thousands of passengers...we will have like an hour in each port.:eek:

And as far as the employees smuggling...really...come on...is it really worth it?:rolleyes:

I just want to cruise....is that sooooooooo wronnnnnggggggggggg?:p

In case you haven't noticed a lot of places use dogs. If you have ever watched LOCKED UP ABROAD you know you never want to get arrested for anything out of the U.S... just wonder how many time these drugs get through.

Wow, I just got off that ship on Sunday, how dumb are people? and no it does not stop in Nevis it does port at St.Kitt, St.Maarten would of been the last port but we did not port there because of swells.

Archived