help with price drop!!!

nikimouse

I booked my cruise yesterday and now its gone down by $20 for the 1st 2 guests and reduced by $100 for the 3rd guest ( $140) is there anything I can do? wishing I hadnt booked until the weekend as the others didnt want to book and I paid their deposit! I should have waited. Is there any way to get a refund if the price drops over night? Ive emailed the travel agent so i will wait and see what happens, she must have known they were having a sale the next day and i did say i wanted to wait but she said it could go up! i was too eager and now i regret it :(

Call your TA and see if you can get a hold of them on the phone now.

Since you only made the deposit you should be fine.

Final payment is another story.

Good Luck.

I booked my cruise yesterday and now its gone down by $20 for the 1st 2 guests and reduced by $100 for the 3rd guest ( $140) is there anything I can do? wishing I hadnt booked until the weekend as the others didnt want to book and I paid their deposit! I should have waited. Is there any way to get a refund if the price drops over night? Ive emailed the travel agent so i will wait and see what happens, she must have known they were having a sale the next day and i did say i wanted to wait but she said it could go up! i was too eager and now i regret it :(

I booked my cruise yesterday and now its gone down by $20 for the 1st 2 guests and reduced by $100 for the 3rd guest ( $140) is there anything I can do?

You are doing all you can do which is to contact your TA and have them renegotiate on your behalf. Once you book with a TA, they own your reservation and NCL will not usually deal with you directly regarding your booking.

If it is before final payment your booking can be cancelled and rebooked at the new price. However, saying that if there are any OBC's etc attached to that and are not available at the rebooking price, then they will be cancelled with your booking.

If you are after final payment, then you are stuck with the price you paid.

Plus some TA's have their own cancellation policies. It is up to your TA to handle this. The sale and reduced deposit was posted a day or two ago. If it is only a deposit, then your TA has a good chance to renegotiate if they want to. NCL will usually adjust before final payment, not all TA's will.

Plus some TA's have their own cancellation policies. It is up to your TA to handle this. The sale and reduced deposit was posted a day or two ago. If it is only a deposit, then your TA has a good chance to renegotiate if they want to. NCL will usually adjust before final payment, not all TA's will.

i didnt know untill today, just booked deposit for 3 people in an inside cabin yesterday. we were gonna wait till friday i feel so stupid for booking it! gonna hear ' i told u so' coz i didnt listen

the TA wont pick up the phone! been calling for 5 mins now. I hope they reduce the final payment amount!

:eek: I made a mistake!!! was looking at the wrong year 2013 is on sale and NOT spring break 2012 .:o sorry i feel like an ass now ive sent 3 emails to the TA.

well I feel a little happier that i didnt over pay. I didnt know anything about price drops on my last cruises so have never claimed. I did get an onboard credit so I shouldnt complain.

seems there are good deals a year out, or very close to sailing, and anything inbetween is regular price. thanks again for everyones speedy responce, Im just never sure when i book something if ive done the right thing and im terribly indecisive then i make impulsive decisions and worry afterwards lol I should be happy im going on a cruise! im gonna stop watching prices and relax

:eek: I made a mistake!!! was looking at the wrong year 2013 is on sale and NOT spring break 2012 .:o sorry i feel like an ass now ive sent 3 emails to the TA.

well I feel a little happier that i didnt over pay. I didnt know anything about price drops on my last cruises so have never claimed. I did get an onboard credit so I shouldnt complain.

seems there are good deals a year out, or very close to sailing, and anything inbetween is regular price. thanks again for everyones speedy responce, Im just never sure when i book something if ive done the right thing and im terribly indecisive then i make impulsive decisions and worry afterwards lol I should be happy im going on a cruise! im gonna stop watching prices and relax

Hey I have to give you props for coming back and saying "my bad"! Most would not have done that. I only keep an eye out for drops until final payment. After final payment...I no longer look. The only thing better than going on a cruise is getting my cabin for much much less than the other guys with some OBC's too!

well im sorry for wasteing peoples time, and i dont want anyone to go looking for the great price cos its not there lol unless they wanna cruise in 2013. imagine if id actually cancelled my cruise and booked the one that was a year later lol duh!

LOL Niki, I respect you for coming back and saying what happened. :D

To answer your question IF this ever comes up again. If you were to just "cancel" it - then you have to make sure that:

1: Your TA doesn't have cancellation fees that will outweigh your dropped price - some do/some don't - now is the time to ask :)

2: You aren't in the cancellation fee period for NCL - meaning - make sure you aren't past final payment and you try to cancel it. I see its a spring 2012, so you are good right now. ;)

Happy cruising! :D

I don't know how it works if you are making your reservation from the UK, but I always book directly with the cruiseline for just this reason. I had 1 cruise that dropped a couple hundred pp before final payment and it was much less hassle to just be able to call the cruiseline directly. If there's a travel agent offering OBC or some other perks, you can always transfer right before final payment to get the extras. I did on one of mine to get $150 OBC. I guess I'm kinda a control freak and I don't like having a "middle man". It makes it easier for me when I can communicate directly...and, as someone else said, the cruiseline won't talk to you if you're booked through a TA.

Here is something else to think about.

If you waited a week to book, the price could have gone UP.

Or the cabins you wanted could be gone.

Of, if you book short notice like we sometimes do, there are no cabins left.

Just some thinking (and it hurts).

Archived