My 2day NYC plan any thoughts?

mattR

I read this thread with interest because I am a NYer [if suburbs count] and I wondered what I would do with just two days.....my first choice is to go to the theater via TKTS, usually a matinee, followed by Little Italy--a must see. Thats a whole day, though with your hectic schedule, u might be able to see Statue of Liberty when near Little Italy. Day 2 I would hit the museums, but how do u choose? The Met, MOMA and Natural history are all good choices....clearly, you will have to come back!! Families love the American Doll place rather than FAO Schwartz.

I wrote this a few years ago. Still do the same tour with new employees to get them acclimated to NYC. A pretty complete day that hits the highlights with time to just stop and smell the roses. Your second day you can use to go to museums and Central Park.

"Here is a rundown of the tour that I do with my employees I posted on another thread. Gives you an idea of what you can do if you want to.

"UNLESS they have changed the "tour" significantly, it really is a "do it yourself tour" with all the pieces put together by Grayline. You get the Lady of the Harbor cruise tickets, ESB tickets and a ho-ho pass. The downtown "loop" takes approximately 2 hours IF you do not get off the bus (but you can and I always do). The ESB takes as long as you want to look around.

I always take my employees on the HoHo bus first. We generally get off the bus in Greenwich Village and wander around, catch the bus again for Chinatown/Little Italy, get off, wander around and at that point, you can either get back on the HoHo bus to the WTC area OR take the subway/bus/taxi down to the WTC/Battery Park area Lots of history around that area. You can get off around Wall Street (if this interests you), or see the WTC and end up in Battery Park. You really need to get a good tourist map of NYC to see where all these places are and what interests you. And also the schedule for the HoHo bus (on the Grayline website or it was)

Then we go on the Lady of the Harbor cruise (I haven't had anyone state they didn't like it and I have some grumpy employees). We hit the ESB on the way back uptown, with a couple of extra stops. You can either get the HoHo bus back uptown (pass is good for 24 hours), but we generally take the subway since so many of my employees have never been on anything other than a bus.

I always stop at the basketball courts on West 4th St just north of Houston off Ave of the Americas (6th Ave). Some of the best streetball in the US is played on those courts and you never can tell who might show up to play (NBA stars are frequent visitors). My employees always have a good time watching. Then we make our way North to the ESB (try to time it so we get there about dusk-I just think the ESB is more "magical" at night). An hour there oh'ing and ah'ing and everyone is tired and ready for dinner and bed. We then walk down to Tad's Steakhouse and have the cliche CHEAP NY steak. To bed we go.

Hope this helps. The "tour" is very good and the price is right-the HoHo bus downtown loop alone I think is $39.00.

Thanks for posting this tour... this will help in planning my trip for 2012.

Archived