Upgrade fairy

southwestie

Seems to be a lot of upgrades for the B2B TA october 16th, thank you Cunard for the upgrade from D8 to B4

Hi! Rob,

Please can you enlighten me?? what is the difference between grades B1,B2,B3 and B4.

I booked the 10th. Nov TA on QM2 as a single traveller in an outside stateroom, when I received my confirmation e-mail they had upgraded me to B3 on deck 5.

I was very pleased with outside to balcony but it left me wondering as to the differences in grades.

Tom

... I don't fully understand the difference between B1,B2,B3 and B4 except their position on the deck, if you know differently please advise.

Hi, tomuk.

You understand correctly. The difference between the various "B" categories on the QM2 boils down to their position on the ship. Staterooms that are midships or on higher decks are generally considered more desirable that staterooms that are forward or aft or on lower decks. All the "B" category staterooms on the QM2 are the same size (listed as 269 sq. ft. including balcony) and all have sheltered (in hull) balconies.

Regards, John.

Apologies for my multiple posts tonight, but had lots of problems posting, and it appears TomUK has had the same problems.:o

Jean

Jean,

Yes, something strange has happened to this thread. As I compose this reply, the main Cunard forum page says there are only four replies to this topic, but I see 15 previous messages on the thread. It would appear some gremlins are at work.

Regards,

John.

Tomuk posted "I was very pleased with outside to balcony but it left me wondering as to the differences in grades."

Is there some site that shows which cabins are which grade?

Kathi

Yes indeed. Deck plans for the QM2 can be found on various sites including here on Cruise Critic by following this link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/queen-mary-2-(qm2)-deck-plans/dp/

Click on the various deck numbers to see the plan for each deck where the various categories are color-coded according to the legend on the left.

Regards,

John.

Yes indeed. Deck plans for the QM2 can be found on various sites including here on Cruise Critic by following this link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/queen-mary-2-(qm2)-deck-plans/dp/

Click on the various deck numbers to see the plan for each deck where the various categories are color-coded according to the legend on the left.

Regards,

John.

Thanks, John. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Kathi

You can also go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. You have to be a member to view the pictures, but not to see the deck plans and use other features. At the top, click on Cunard, then your ship. You can view each deck separately, or go to the bottom left and click Drag Decks. You will get large views of the decks, and you can drag them over each other to see what is above and below your cabin. EM

Partial quote

The Cunard web site shows all the grades. I dont think there is anything between the B1/B5 apart from the position on deck 4 / 5

...and deck 6

(Himself likes B1 on deck 6...me, not so much.)

I dont think so, it was the joggers who would make a noise running on deck 7, but they can only jog after certain times, you will be fine

Thanks, it's our first crossing on the QM2 and really looking forward to it. Not new to cruising, but new to Cunard. Been following the threads here on the Cunard line. I must say some of the posts are quite colourful. Lol

Thanks, it's our first crossing on the QM2 and really looking forward to it. Not new to cruising, but new to Cunard. Been following the threads here on the Cunard line. I must say some of the posts are quite colourful. Lol

The thing to keep in mind when reading some of these "colorful" posts, is that some of these people will be the same people who will die and go to Heaven and report back that Heaven has lost it's charm and luster and that it's just not the Heaven it USED to be...

The thing to keep in mind when reading some of these "colorful" posts, is that some of these people will be the same people who will die and go to Heaven and report back that Heaven has lost it's charm and luster and that it's just not the Heaven it USED to be...

So true, so true!

The thing to keep in mind when reading some of these "colorful" posts, is that some of these people will be the same people who will die and go to Heaven and report back that Heaven has lost it's charm and luster and that it's just not the Heaven it USED to be...[/quote

You hit the nail on the head, well said, take a lot with a pinch of salt

You will have a wonderful time, read the good , ignore the bad and colourful

This should probably be a 'sticky' at the top of the Cunard board. :D

Hi, Loved this post, very apt.

Catherine

Well said ! .... I'm going to steal this from you and use it on another forum ;)

Bell Boy:)

Archived