Jewel lobster?

You never get a full lobster...only tails...and they aren't the nice, big Maine lobster tails...sorry!

There is no "for fee" lobster menu....although Portofino used to have (and may still!) a skewer with lobster chunks on it...that is a "for fee" restaurant.

You never get a full lobster...only tails...and they aren't the nice, big Maine lobster tails...sorry!

There is no "for fee" lobster menu....although Portofino used to have (and may still!) a skewer with lobster chunks on it...that is a "for fee" restaurant.

Incorrect.:rolleyes:

Yes, they did have the full Maine lobster special in the MDR on the first Jewel Boston sailing this year. It was $14.95. As far as the tails on the Fisherman's platter, not sure as the people I know who were on the first NE/Canade cruise, went to Portofino that night and had a lobster and mussels special that was offered there instead.

Perhaps you simply misread the OP's question which deals with the lobsters being served on the Jewel of the Seas New England/Canada cruises. Had you read it more carefully you might not have answered as you did because, on those cruises it is in fact a real "Maine" lobster not the lobster tails that cruise ships serve on other cruises and the whole lobster is available for a $14.95 fee in the main dining room on most, if not all, evenings during these cruises. A lobster and mussels special is also offered in one or both of the specialty restaurants on this itinerary. Last year, they brought enough Maine lobsters on board that they were able to continue offering them well into the repositioning cruise from Boston at the end of October.

Of course expecting to find correct information in one of your posts is a fruitless task and by now, most of us know better than to expect it.:rolleyes:

ngec-Can you elaborate a bit about the mussels on the lobster/mussels special, please?

Since I am neither a fan of lobster (Maine or otherwise) or mussels, I can't say much more than that both were offered during the New England/Canada cruise last year (and apparently this year as well). I do know that someone in our group commented on the fact that mussels were available in the Windjammer at dinner time and I know from these boards that a mussels/Maine lobster combo was on the menu at Portofino, and Maine lobster (for $14.95) was on the MDR menu on most, if not all, evenings during the 7 night cruise. Perhaps someone with more detailed information will post and share their experience.

Archived