Did they forget us on the westcoast

cruznluvr3

LOOKS LIKE CARNIVAL IS NOW TRYING TO COMPETE WITH ALL THE LATEST GIMMICKS THAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND NCL HAVE COME UP WITH BUT ONLY THE SHIPS ON THE EAST COAST GET ALL THE FUN NEWLY PROPOSED STUFF.

COME ON FOLKS WE ON THE WEST COAST WOULD LOVE TO GET SOMETHING NEW TOO!

THE LAST TIME I CAN REMEMBER A NEW SHIP WAS THE SPIRIT IN 2001.

THE SPIRIT HAS TAKEN ME TO PANAMA CANAL AND TO ALASKA AND THE MEXICAN RIVERA. WE ALSO HAVE THE SHIPS BUILT IN THE 90'S THAT GO TO BAJA MEXICO. DON'T YA THINK WE ARE AT LEAST ENTITLED TO ONE OF THE NEW UPGRADED BARS!:rolleyes:

COME ON FOLKS WE ON THE WEST COAST WOULD LOVE TO GET SOMETHING NEW TOO!

THE LAST TIME I CAN REMEMBER A NEW SHIP WAS THE SPIRIT IN 2001.

THE SPIRIT HAS TAKEN ME TO PANAMA CANAL AND TO ALASKA AND THE MEXICAN RIVERA. WE ALSO HAVE THE SHIPS BUILT IN THE 90'S THAT GO TO BAJA MEXICO. DON'T YA THINK WE ARE AT LEAST ENTITLED TO ONE OF THE NEW UPGRADED BARS!:rolleyes:

Best get a checkup on the memory. Splendor is the 3rd newest ship in the fleet.

We are getting the Inspiration in a few months. She has the waterworks.

Yes, the only two fantasy class ships who did not get waterworks were the two originally on the west coast who apparantly did not have the facilities for the extensive dry dock needed.

so those two ships, elation and paradise are the only two slated to get any of the new 2.0 upgrades.

We took those 5 dayers to Cabo at least once, sometimes 2 times a year. Last year we went 3 times. :eek: :D

We like the small Fantasy class ships for this, and we liked Spirit. Splendor is too big for us.

However, we will have to take what we can get for a couple of years. The money is elsewhere, and they don't want to count on Mexico. :(

Pat

After people started making comments on Johns FB page out came the announcements about the West coast.. We get a new bar ~ Woopty Doo..:rolleyes:

Not sure it was an "after thought" at all. :cool:

I think that John made a point of discussing the west cost changes after the fb postings accusing Carnival of "forgetting" about the west coast again.

BTW - We loved our cruise out of San Diego on the Spirit in 2009. It was very interesting to do something different - and we LOVE the Spirit Class ships!

We took those 5 dayers to Cabo at least once, sometimes 2 times a year. Last year we went 3 times. :eek: :D

We like the small Fantasy class ships for this, and we liked Spirit. Splendor is too big for us.

However, we will have to take what we can get for a couple of years. The money is elsewhere, and they don't want to count on Mexico. :(

Pat

Pat,

You're absolutely correct about Carnival not counting on Mexico. Might be a looooong time before Carnival sends a 3rd ship to the west coast. Sure going to miss the Spirit. While I enjoyed my Splendor cruise...I much prefer the Spirit. I'm also going to miss spending time in beautiful San Diego...pre and post cruise!! It would be nice if the Splendor would do a "few" 9 days cruises to Mexico after the Spirit leaves!!

Ralph

Archived