Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Host Faith, CONGRATULATIONS....LOVE the green dress

Here is one of my newest dresses....I normally don't wear dresses above my knee, but had several ladies tell me how awesome this looks on. The picture does not do it justice. Not sure what kind of a shrug I will wear (or wrap) if any.....don't like my jiggly arms....

008.jpg

007.jpg

Hi Kathy,

You look beautiful! Have a wonderful cruise.

M

Here is one of my newest dresses....I normally don't wear dresses above my knee, but had several ladies tell me how awesome this looks on. The picture does not do it justice. Not sure what kind of a shrug I will wear (or wrap) if any.....don't like my jiggly arms....

008.jpg

007.jpg

Thank you so much! And you look fabulous in that dress, it complements you perfectly. What a great find! :)

Good Morning Ladies! I just love this thread. Been a little busy since DH and I got some wonderful news. We have a baby on the way!

ote]

Congratulations & Great dress!

Aw congrats Faith and hubby! I've missed you over the past few months. I love the dress you choose and wish you both well.

Awww thanks ladies! Can't wait to come back and share photos :)

You look fabulous, what a great find!!

Congrats to Host Faith, love the green dress and can't wait to see a pic of you in it!

Congratulations Faith on the new bundle of joy! How exciting for you and your husband. Now that green dress is gorgeous!! You will look amazing! There is just something about that shade of green!:) Take good care of yourself in the next few months' date=' and keep us posted.[/b']

Congratulations! Blessing to you , husband and your baby.

Love the dress. The color is great.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I can't wait to wear the dress. Looking forward to DH's face when he sees me in it for the first time. Happy cruising to you all :D

Went shopping today and got 2 cute dresses for our upcoming Hawaii cruise. Great buys, 50% off:D

20120819_1313.jpg

And here's the second one:

20120819_1312.jpg

I love them and they are so comfy!:)

Hi,:) they are both very pretty...where did you get them?

Went to a place I've never been before, "Dress Barn" and they had tons on sale. Do you have one in your area?:rolleyes:

Too funny,:D I was there yesterday!:)....although I did not find

anything. They do have some nice things though!:D

Hi Lois!

I wanted to share a link with you to one of my favorite shopping places for accessories, "Sam Moon", not only do they have cute, cute stuff, the prices are WOW!!! Check out their flip flops, I have 2 pair and they are true to size and very comfy. I get compliments all the time from people at my work on how well my clothing and accessories match:). I'm not sure that you nice folks back east have heard of "Sam Moon", they are HUGE in Texas......check them out here:

http://www.sammoon.com/product.asp?cat=giftitem&tempcat=flipflop&sub=sub57

Donna

Hi Lois!

I wanted to share a link with you to one of my favorite shopping places for accessories, "Sam Moon", not only do they have cute, cute stuff, the prices are WOW!!! Check out their flip flops, I have 2 pair and they are true to size and very comfy. I get compliments all the time from people at my work on how well my clothing and accessories match:). I'm not sure that you nice folks back east have heard of "Sam Moon", they are HUGE in Texas......check them out here:

http://www.sammoon.com/product.asp?cat=giftitem&tempcat=flipflop&sub=sub57

Donna

Hi Donna:)nope, I have never heard of them before. Some cute

hand bags:)......but to be honest, I usually buy them in person.

Thanks for the link though!

Hi Kathy,

You look beautiful! Have a wonderful cruise.

M

Thank you so much! And you look fabulous in that dress, it complements you perfectly. What a great find! :)

Awww thanks ladies! Can't wait to come back and share photos :)

Thanks yall. I can't wait to wear it and get some professional pictures taken.....

008.jpg

007.jpg

I have the same dress in black. I love it!!!! Sooooo slimming. I wear long gowns for formal night. I plan on wearing the black one like your white one for a casual night. The dress looks great on you!

These are the dresses that my daughter will be wearing for Elegant night!I bought both dresses at Ross. This blue one only cost me 9.99 and the second one cost me 19.99! She is almost 12 and growing up so fast, sigh..

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

This is one of my dresses that I am planning on wearing. I went out to a store called Charming Charlie and bought some bling bling (a bracelet and earrings). My other dress (I don't have a picture of) is a strapless Red lace over a red lining with gold accents. It's very pretty. I just need to get it hemmed. I'm really short and most long dresses have to be altered.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to pack dh's tux or his black suit or both! LOL I'll have to pick up a black suit for my son 9 still.

IMAG0697.jpg

All of your dresses look stunning! I just found this at Ross for $30 and will wear it on my first cruise in 11 days!

Cruise3.jpg

Now I just need to find shoes. I'm only 5 feet tall and the dress falls right at my ankles, so i'm a little confused on shoes. Don't wanna look like i'm waiting for a flood! ;)

After reading these last couple posts I'm convinced...I HAVE TO GO TO ROSS!!

In the last couple weeks I've seen where they are getting ready to opena couple locations near by. I had never heard of them before but I can't wait!

Ladies, all your dresses are stunning and you look beautiful in them! :)

KATTI MICHELE: how about some blingy/strappy flat sandals?

Edited by KeithsKelly

After reading these last couple posts I'm convinced...I HAVE TO GO TO ROSS!!

In the last couple weeks I've seen where they are getting ready to opena couple locations near by. I had never heard of them before but I can't wait!

Ladies, all your dresses are stunning and you look beautiful in them! :)

KATTI MICHELE: how about some blingy/strappy flat sandals?

I love going to Ross! They have some great deals and I hate spending hundreds of dollars on a dress that I'll possibly wear one time. When your store opens just make sure to really look close at the clothes. I've found some to be ripped,snagged, and zippers broken. I don't know if it's my area(careless people) or if it's a store inventory issue.

All of your dresses look stunning! I just found this at Ross for $30 and will wear it on my first cruise in 11 days!

Cruise3.jpg

Now I just need to find shoes. I'm only 5 feet tall and the dress falls right at my ankles, so i'm a little confused on shoes. Don't wanna look like i'm waiting for a flood! ;)

The dress looks great but I'm really jumping in to say your comment made me laugh out loud. Haven't heard that before but shall use it if I may.:)

Warmest congratulations to Host Faith on your impending new little member of the family.

Hi Drew's Wife, I too haven't been "on board" for quite some time. Hope you are happy and well.

katti michele -

I love your red dress (as well as all the other dresses that have been posted - I just don't post here very often, but love looking at the pictures:) )

I have a very similar dress I bought last year for $39 in black - the brand of my dress is 'Sangria'. I don't know if yours has a side zipper, but mine does. After trying it on a few times to figure out my accessories to pack for our cruise (I'm 5'5" and mine was exactly the right length, and I just wore a peep-toe black patent pump that hardly showed....I love the look of sandals but the stability of pumps on a ship) I started noticing that the zipper was sticking where the fabric is all bunched up at the rouching. After one time of getting really stuck it broke.

LUCKILY that was before the cruise. I debated whether it was worth the money to have a dressmaker fix it, but since it was such a bargain, it was the first size 8 in 15 years I fit into, and I thought it was so flattering I did. It was better, but the nature of all that fabric made it still hard to zip (and I had just lost some weight and it wasn't that it was too tight).

So I figured out I could actually squeeze into it without unzipping it. I knew I'd see others on the ship with the same dress since it was on sale EVERYWHERE for the same price, and sure enough I did. And as I expected, I noticed on 2 of them that they had hand stitched the zipper closed because it broke on them:eek:.

So just a heads up! I'm planning on wearing mine again for our next cruise in less than 2 months (I can't wait!), and have a few pounds that have crept back on that I better lose so I can squeeze into it again.:(

Because the black needed some 'bling' and mine didn't have the beading around the neckline like yours I wore a rhinestone brooch at the waist line.

FormalNight1.jpg

Enjoy it!

The Dillards by our home is going out of business so I have been getting great deals. The last dress I needed was for elegant night, the dress I got is more formal but my husband and I never get a chance to dress up. The best part is the dress was only 26.00 dollars:D. Excuse the way I look I was so excited for my husband to see I tried it on right b4 bed!

100MEDIA36IMAG0079.jpg.3cc865c56f853d27f8d2ca7f38eeb8b7.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0081.jpg.5f6096f291c77f9c1135736ad7c9a0b7.jpg

I love this shade of green, it should go well with my pale tone and auburn hair. I also love that you can change the style, but I worry how well it works. It seems to me that the kind of material it is would just roll up and down and lose it's shape. I can take a wild guess that as a plus size I would definitely. Need a pair of spanx.

Anyone have experience?

AnastasiaMaxiGreen947.jpg

I love this shade of green, it should go well with my pale tone and auburn hair. I also love that you can change the style, but I worry how well it works. It seems to me that the kind of material it is would just roll up and down and lose it's shape. I can take a wild guess that as a plus size I would definitely. Need a pair of spanx.

Anyone have experience?

AnastasiaMaxiGreen947.jpg

I have a few tops in that fabric and they hold their shape extremely well. Now the spanx? Those are a girls best friend! ;)