Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I just found this thread and I LOVE it! I'm so excited to go dress shopping now...I love shopping for formal/cocktail dresses. What a feeling when you find them on sale - yay! I've subscribed to the thread and look forward to reading/seeing more pictures :)

Stunning! And congratulations. :)

Thank you!

Congrats and I love the dress. Very cute and I like the colour. I'd just add some big earrings and a cuff bracelet for some more sparkle.

Are you going to wear those shoes also. :eek: I hate seeing all the celebs walking around in 5" and higher shoes at 9 months.

Thank you so much! Yeah I was thinking the earrings and a nice cuff would be the way to go. Totally NOT wearing those shoes in the photo! :eek: I'm having a love affair with flats and wedges right now. I don't know how those celebs walk in stilettos. They must be so uncomfortable. I have some silver shoes with a modest heel, I'll wear those.

My wedding set is pretty blingy and big enough I get comments on it fairly often. I do wear it on cruises, but usually not in port unless I feel it is a very safe port.

Host Faith, congratulations on the coming baby and I love the dress! Is it your first? (Baby that is, not dress!) Just a caution though; everyone 'shows' differently. I hardly showed at all until seven months (cursed morning sickness!), my SIL was huge at 20 weeks and could barely wear regular maternity clothes. So be prepared, just in case it doesn't fit.

Thank you so much! Yes, this is our first little one, we're so excited. :)

I'm actually showing a little already.The reviews are saying the dress runs a little large, so I think I'll wait another week or so and then order the dress. I'll get a couple backups too, just in case, but this green one is my favorite. Fingers crossed! :)

Host Faith: Congrats on the wonderful news! Also, love the green dress. I think it will be perfect. Couldn't believe the picture of the girl with the "HIGH heels" tho :eek:, not to safe when your PG! Things have really changed since I was PG !! LOL

(we just got good news too that my niece that's named after me, is PG with twins! she had lost 2 before, so this is a real blessing). :):D

Love that green dress above!! So cute! I wish I could have found something that stylish when I was pregnant!

I recently bought 3 dresses for our upcoming cruise thinking there were 3 formal nights during our 12-night itinerary, but there are actually only two.

These are kind of bad pics taken in fitting rooms, etc, but these are the dresses (without matching jewelry)

I'll probably just take the one pair of strappy black heels to go with all of them. I found them on a great sale at Banana Republic!

Not sure which I'll wear:

1636228072_bananashoes.jpg.86119322c065f5b89776ff2405dd1634.jpg

1949376822_blackbubble.jpg.bc93ae6e6cb75fd8fd03898d80f2868f.jpg

1045569131_hawaiidress.jpg.efbf1fc064d4e51e45ce1e41556e49d8.jpg

2106500463_blackandwhitecruisedress.jpg.e5499bb9094f1fcb4a050994b8d6ba9c.jpg

Good Morning Ladies! I just love this thread. Been a little busy since DH and I got some wonderful news. We have a baby on the way!

We're going on our last big vacation (for a while) next month. It will be a babymoon/wedding anniversary trip on the Allure of the Seas. To keep things simple, I think we're just going to do one formal night. I'll be 20 weeks during the cruise.

It's been a little hard finding the right dress. I like things that sparkle and shine....and I'm finding a lot of maternity dresses are a little lacking in that department. This dress caught my eye and I think I'm going to get it. I want to wear something that isn't completely "tentlike," and want to show some leg instead of wearing a full length gown. What do you ladies think?

1593656cu.jpg

Wow, congrats, how exciting! That dress is gorgeous and will be perfect. The color will look great on you too!

Host Faith, CONGRATULATIONS....LOVE the green dress

Here is one of my newest dresses....I normally don't wear dresses above my knee, but had several ladies tell me how awesome this looks on. The picture does not do it justice. Not sure what kind of a shrug I will wear (or wrap) if any.....don't like my jiggly arms....

008.jpg

007.jpg

Edited by arhillbilly

Good Morning Ladies! I just love this thread. Been a little busy since DH and I got some wonderful news. We have a baby on the way!

Aw congrats Faith and hubby! I've missed you over the past few months. I love the dress you choose and wish you both well.

Here is one of my newest dresses....I normally don't wear dresses above my knee, but had several ladies tell me how awesome this looks on. The picture does not do it justice. Not sure what kind of a shrug I will wear (or wrap) if any.....don't like my jiggly arms....

008.jpg

007.jpg

That dress makes you look so thin .I would add a necklace & one of those pashimas that they sell in airports or on some ships .

I love swarvoski crystal pieces. I have a bracelet and necklace that I recently picked up that just shines and shines.

I love to accessorize. I have to always remind myself less is more. I always wear my wedding rings. Except I won't be for our cruise. DH bought a special anniversary ring for me to wear since we are driving (20 hours down to port and then 20 hours back home) and if we get robbed along the way I don't want to lose my other rings.

Do you gals think I'm being silly about potential robbery/theft? My wedding rings (anniversary ring, wedding, and engagement) are all blingy diamonds. Very eye-catching. I just don't want to catch the wrong eye.

Wow, I am stunned that there is a need to be so concerned when you're driving. Couldn't you just turn the diamonds inwards when you leave the car to go into a shop or whatever? I'm pretty careful in some areas of Paris, and certainly would never go out with bling on in a place like Marseille, or some places here in Australia, but I can't imagine being worried when in my own car. Amazing.

Mind you, that gives you a lovely excuse to pick up some dress jewellery along the way.

Love that green dress above!! So cute! I wish I could have found something that stylish when I was pregnant!

I recently bought 3 dresses for our upcoming cruise thinking there were 3 formal nights during our 12-night itinerary, but there are actually only two.

These are kind of bad pics taken in fitting rooms, etc, but these are the dresses (without matching jewelry)

I'll probably just take the one pair of strappy black heels to go with all of them. I found them on a great sale at Banana Republic!

Not sure which I'll wear:

The black and the pink are totally gorgeous. Love the shoes also.

Wow, I am stunned that there is a need to be so concerned when you're driving. Couldn't you just turn the diamonds inwards when you leave the car to go into a shop or whatever? I'm pretty careful in some areas of Paris, and certainly would never go out with bling on in a place like Marseille, or some places here in Australia, but I can't imagine being worried when in my own car. Amazing.

Mind you, that gives you a lovely excuse to pick up some dress jewellery along the way.

It's more the stops I was worried about. We'll be spending overnight at a few motorlodges. I've done tons of research about the areas where we'll be staying, but you never know. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

As such I am using it as an excuse to pick up some fun costume jewelry :)

I LOVE that dress! It looks great on you! Where did you find it? I've been looking for something similar but everything I've found is ruffles and tiers. I'm not a ruffle-type of girl.

Get a colorful wrap/pashima. I think that would look divine with it.

That dress makes you look so thin .I would add a necklace & one of those pashimas that they sell in airports or on some ships .

Thank you. I have several "dressy" scarves or shrugs and even 1 pashima...it's black & red, so not sure it would go with it......I have a gold one that I think would look really good and then wear gold sandals....I love the fact that it does hide the fat :D

I LOVE that dress! It looks great on you! Where did you find it? I've been looking for something similar but everything I've found is ruffles and tiers. I'm not a ruffle-type of girl.

Get a colorful wrap/pashima. I think that would look divine with it.

Thank you. I found it at Ross...my favorite shop :D

The best part is that it was only $13.99

When another friend saw it on the hanger, she said no way is that going to fit you or look good. She hasn't seen it on me, but everyone that has thinks it looks awesome....really an ego booster. I do want something to go over my arms....I HATE my jiggly arms.....I have a gold wrap/scarf that I think will look good with it and then my gold sandals and gold jewelry

Thank you. I found it at Ross...my favorite shop :D

The best part is that it was only $13.99

When another friend saw it on the hanger, she said no way is that going to fit you or look good. She hasn't seen it on me, but everyone that has thinks it looks awesome....really an ego booster. I do want something to go over my arms....I HATE my jiggly arms.....I have a gold wrap/scarf that I think will look good with it and then my gold sandals and gold jewelry

I'm terribly jealous! My Ross doesn't have anything that nice. I just went last week. What a great find!

008.jpg

007.jpg

You look fabulous, what a great find!!

Congrats to Host Faith, love the green dress and can't wait to see a pic of you in it!

We're going on our last big vacation (for a while) next month. It will be a babymoon/wedding anniversary trip on the Allure of the Seas. To keep things simple, I think we're just going to do one formal night. I'll be 20 weeks during the cruise.

It's been a little hard finding the right dress. I like things that sparkle and shine....and I'm finding a lot of maternity dresses are a little lacking in that department. This dress caught my eye and I think I'm going to get it. I want to wear something that isn't completely "tentlike," and want to show some leg instead of wearing a full length gown. What do you ladies think?

1593656cu.jpg

Congratulations Faith on the new bundle of joy! How exciting for you and your husband. Now that green dress is gorgeous!! You will look amazing! There is just something about that shade of green!:) Take good care of yourself in the next few months, and keep us posted.

1593656cu.jpg

Congratulations! Blessing to you , husband and your baby.

Love the dress. The color is great.

It's more the stops I was worried about. We'll be spending overnight at a few motorlodges. I've done tons of research about the areas where we'll be staying, but you never know. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

As such I am using it as an excuse to pick up some fun costume jewelry :)

A great excuse for a bit of indulgence. Enjoy. I'm not a fan of expensive jewellery for the simple reason that I'd had to stress about losing it, so costume jewellery fills most of my jewel boxes.

Cheers .. Bev

1593656cu.jpg

Congratulations Host Faith. Let us have a baby shower for Host Faith's baby :). Love your dress.

M