Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I tried to post pictures earlier, but it seems my post disappeared...these are from my Oasis cruise, which we just returned from on Saturday. What an amazing week!! We took part in the 2 formal nights & loved them! The other nights, I stuck to mostly summery dresses (casual) with dh in khakis & golf shirts.

2nd formal night...I was afraid that by day 6, this might not fit, but phew!

ROA-120719-2FML_LSP-15424628.jpg

Formal night 1...I don't even want to know what I had just said to him...

ROA-120716-Stairs_1F-15364500.jpg

Captain's handshake, with my inlaws:

ROA-120715-P-CaptainsHandshake-15363181.jpg

Pretty sure this is from night 3...the photos from this night are my faces

ROA-120716-CarCasD3-15388660.jpg

ROA-120719-2FML_LSP-15424637.jpg

Amanda, your pictures are gorgeous! You look fantastic, and so does your hubby.

I lurk on this thread a lot just to see pictures of what everyone is wearing and the bargains that are found!!:D Marie, I have to say that I have looked at all of your beautiful dresses and went to the website of the last two you posted (which are both beautiful!!!). I spent the better part of several hours just looking at the dresses on those sites....and dreaming! You certainly have wonderful taste.

Now for a question for all you fashionistas. I am going on a transatlantic cruise (northern route) at the end of August and will be 16 nights. With the weight restrictions, I'm trying to pack minimally. I'm thinking of taking just one pair of black pants. They used to be called "car wash" or "flyaway" pants and then just wearing different tops with them. Question is, are they still in style? And does it sound OK to just wear different tops with them?

Thanks for the help....and I'll be watching for all the wonderful posts!:)

black, chocolate, cafe' ole, and winter white, the black ones have been on about 25 cruzes with me..the other colours, just about as many. I bought them in 2006, and 45 cruzes later..they will still continue to be in my suitcase with me !!! I wear with all kinds and colours of tops!..I've lost 40 pounds the last 3 yrs, and kept it off., and work out 3 x a week.and they fit better than ever !!!!, . I also have long sheer skirts, in various solid colours. I rarely have to or need to purchase any other bottoms. I do shop "secondary" markets, and just paid $3.50 for the 2 pc..Cafe' ole' set. The top is a bit not my style..but what a deal the sheer lined, perfect condition trousers were !!! Go for it..I still get lots of comps on them!!!

Well I did it again! Went to Dillard's just to drop off my payment & saw this dress that I've been watching to see if it would go on sale! Guess what, it did! :D It's a Jessica Simpson & went from $128. to $44. & then if you used your card it was another 30% off, so I got it for $31. Wasn't to sure about the length, but I'll probably wear stockings as I don't like my "knobby knees" & some kind of low heel sandals. Love the color, Sunshine Yellow, my DH's favorite. :)

What do you all think?

Untitled.jpg

Well I did it again! Went to Dillard's just to drop off my payment & saw this dress that I've been watching to see if it would go on sale! Guess what, it did! :D It's a Jessica Simpson & went from $128. to $44. & then if you used your card it was another 30% off, so I got it for $31. Wasn't to sure about the length, but I'll probably wear stockings as I don't like my "knobby knees" & some kind of low heel sandals. Love the color, Sunshine Yellow, my DH's favorite. :)

What do you all think?

Untitled.jpg

Judy, It is so cute!! I love it! So feminine! Love the swirl skirt. It will look great on you. I miss Dillards so much..:(..wish we still had a Dillards here.

What do you all think?

Untitled.jpg

I absolutely love it!!!!!

Thanks, Sherrie. That's a shame you don't have a Dillard's any more. :mad: It's one of my favorite stores.

On another note, Sherrie. I joined the Legion on Park Blvd. They have a pool & it's very close to our house so we'll beable to use it & take family & friends. Have you & Drew ever been to the post?

Also, thanks to shorbr too! :)

I love that dress! It's too young for me, but the color and ruffles are really lovely. You will look great.

We don't have a Dillards near here, but a similar store called Herbergers. I do like shopping in Dillards if and when I get to the 'big city'. Great sales.

I know this question has been asked before but asking...

with all you experience New Years cruisers, how formal is new years on holland america? Is it the same as regular formal or just that little bit more formal for the evening? Thank you in advance for answering.

I've been lusting after this dress since I saw it in Macy's. It went on sale so naturally I had to buy it! What do you gals think for a casual night?

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/spense-plus-size-dress-sleeveless-ruffled-empire-a-line?ID=679625&CategoryID=37038#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D470%26ruleId%3D72%26slotId%3D53

dress.gif.ad9deaa10d24b0c105ab7dfaa592f8d0.gif

Edited by asongforholly

I know this question has been asked before but asking...

with all you experience New Years cruisers, how formal is new years on holland america? Is it the same as regular formal or just that little bit more formal for the evening? Thank you in advance for answering.

We were on HA for New Year's and I would say 90% of the cruiser's were very formal. I wore a long gown & my DH was in a tux. If you want to go all out, just do it.:) I love getting dressed to the nines, so I go for it. :D

I've been lusting after this dress since I saw it in Macy's. It went on sale so naturally I had to buy it! What do you gals think for a casual night?

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/spense-plus-size-dress-sleeveless-ruffled-empire-a-line?ID=679625&CategoryID=37038#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D470%26ruleId%3D72%26slotId%3D53

Very cute dress, I think it will be perfect.

I am not usually a "ruffle" kind of gal but that dress is sooooo

cute:D....Oh...it is dry clean only?...I was going to order the

blue....never mind.

Edited by Lois R

Very cute! Good choice!

I am not usually a "ruffle" kind of gal but that dress is sooooo

cute:D....Oh...it is dry clean only?...I was going to order the

blue....never mind.

Normally I'm not either but it's far too cute! I got it in the Rye. I wanted something light-colored, but white is not my color.

I have one more dress I'm on the fence about. I purchased this for a wedding, but I don't know if it's a little too "casual" looking for formal night.

aditi-dress-front.jpg

This next one I finally got my hot little hands on. It's been sold out forever, and I'm excited to wear it. Again. Too casual for formal night?

riella-sun-dress-front3.jpg

Both are chiffon

I have one more dress I'm on the fence about. I purchased this for a wedding, but I don't know if it's a little too "casual" looking for formal night.

aditi-dress-front.jpg

This next one I finally got my hot little hands on. It's been sold out forever, and I'm excited to wear it. Again. Too casual for formal night?

riella-sun-dress-front3.jpg

Both are chiffon

The pink looks dressier to me, but it could be just how the model is working the sheer skirt overlay and I prefer the cut of the top. I'd throw on jewelry and wear it for formal night.