Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

The Dillards by our home is going out of business so I have been getting great deals. The last dress I needed was for elegant night, the dress I got is more formal but my husband and I never get a chance to dress up. The best part is the dress was only 26.00 dollars:D. Excuse the way I look I was so excited for my husband to see I tried it on right b4 bed!

Gorgeous dress, and you can see that you feel good in it, which is the perfect accessory to any outfit.

I have a few tops in that fabric and they hold their shape extremely well. Now the spanx? Those are a girls best friend! ;)

Thanks. I guess maybe I keep seeing the old fashioned spandex stuff from the 80s. They probably have masterminded better stuff now.

Yea, I can tell all the models in all the photos have some on, no way that it lays that smooth unless there is something helping them out. Good thing I've invested in a nice pair of the shorts.

Hi Ladies' date=' Hope everyone is doing well...I haven't been on much lately...just lots going on....however I did decide on a couple of new dresses....Yes and one of them is "GREEN":rolleyes::D.

I ordered two dresses just alike, one in the green and one in black. I love the dress and hope it fits as well as all the others I've ordered. I did ask he she would make it a couple inches longer....that may have been a mistake, but I love when a fuller dress is right below my knee. If it's too long, I'll just have my favorite seamstress hem it.

She also said that she could make the dress in a long version for me for Valentines...so if I like them then I will have her make the same dress in red for Valentines only in a floor length. She gave me a great deal on two dresses and an even better deal on three...plus a discount on the shipping...so I can't go wrong since I know how well the dresses always seem to work.

Hopefully this will post a picture, I had to get a new laptop on Sunday, and I haven't tried to do anything with this one yet.... for .Wish me luck.....and everyone have a wonderful day.Now I'm off to work, have a lot to do as Drew and I are going away tomorrow for a few days...can't hardly wait to get away where it's quiet and peaceful and just the two of us!;)

Well ladies, my two dresses arrived today. They fit very well, except that I will need to have my seamstres adjust the shoulder about an inch on each dress. Nothing major, very simple. I could probably do that, but I know whe will not mess it up. I thought I would like the green best, but I have to say this is one time that I like the black dress more. Thinkng that I may have her go ahead and make me a new long red one for the Sweetheart ball. :);)

[/b]

The dress looks great but I'm really jumping in to say your comment made me laugh out loud. Haven't heard that before but shall use it if I may.:)

Warmest congratulations to Host Faith on your impending new little member of the family.

Hi Drew's Wife, I too haven't been "on board" for quite some time. Hope you are happy and well.

Lynn, Thanks so much, been thinking about you and meaning to write. I'll sit down tomorrow and do that.....just run all the time. We need to catch up on things.!

Hi Lois!

I wanted to share a link with you to one of my favorite shopping places for accessories, "Sam Moon", not only do they have cute, cute stuff, the prices are WOW!!! Check out their flip flops, I have 2 pair and they are true to size and very comfy. I get compliments all the time from people at my work on how well my clothing and accessories match:). I'm not sure that you nice folks back east have heard of "Sam Moon", they are HUGE in Texas......check them out here:

http://www.sammoon.com/product.asp?cat=giftitem&tempcat=flipflop&sub=sub57

Donna

LOVE LOVE LOVE this store!!!! I bought all my jewelry there for my first cruise! The store is about an hour from me and i have a planned trip to go get some of those flip flops!!! And of course a new bag for upcoming cruise!! ;)

This thread has been so helpful in planning for my Alaska cruise next month. Here is my first attempt at posting pics - hope it works.

First formal night dress, and possibly our vow renewal night...

dc88d53f.jpg

Second formal night on our actual 25th anniversary...

e01645b3.jpg

I'd love some suggestions for accessories - I'm terrible at choosing jewelry and shoes.

This thread has been so helpful in planning for my Alaska cruise next month. Here is my first attempt at posting pics - hope it works.

dc88d53f.jpg

e01645b3.jpg

I'd love some suggestions for accessories - I'm terrible at choosing jewelry and shoes.

Hi, your dresses are lovely:).....where did you get them? I especially

like that blue one:D

As for accessories? In my opinion, white metals (silver, white gold)

would go great with the blue dress. To be honest, I think white metals

would be beautiful with both dresses!

Hi, your dresses are lovely:).....where did you get them? I especially

like that blue one:D

As for accessories? In my opinion, white metals (silver, white gold)

would go great with the blue dress. To be honest, I think white metals

would be beautiful with both dresses!

The top one is an ebay purchase. The blue is from Dillard's online, but it's not offered anymore.

Thanks, I prefer silver jewelry also!

The top one is an ebay purchase. The blue is from Dillard's online, but it's not offered anymore.

Thanks, I prefer silver jewelry also!

Your welcome:) I wear both, gold and silver, depending on my

outfit. These days I do alot of mixing my metals as well but that

is just me. But dressing up for one of those? I would probably stick

to the same color;).....I have some dangle earrings and necklace

that would go great with that blue dress:D

I have some dangle earrings and necklace

that would go great with that blue dress:D

Lois, Nordstrom's has a similar dress in one-shoulder and 3/4 sleeve options

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/alex-evenings-lace-sheath-dress/3186376?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=NAVY&resultback=2434

and in other colors

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/alex-evenings-sequin-lace-overlay-sheath-dress/3205608?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=DOVE&resultback=1997

Maybe your jewelry will work with them also!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this store!!!! I bought all my jewelry there for my first cruise! The store is about an hour from me and i have a planned trip to go get some of those flip flops!!! And of course a new bag for upcoming cruise!! ;)

My new BLINGY BLING flip slops just arrived, love them!!!! Can't get them anywhere cheaper IMO, love Sam Moons!!!!!:)

Hi, thanks for the links:) those are pretty but are not my style....

a bit too short and I am not a real "lacey" type of gal. And the

other thing is the price. I don't usually spend 165.00 for dresses.

dc88d53f.jpg

e01645b3.jpg

I would recommend black patent mules or open toed shoes for the blue dress and possibly some kind of shiny/jet black jewelry.

Hi Ladies! Am looking for a little advice. We're sailing Royal in a month or so, and while I'm not in any way a dress-up person, we do prefer the MDR so I'll be wearing a dress for formal nights. I'm hoping that these will be appropriate (with the addition of a little bling!) I tend to look like an upended VW beetle, especially in a long dress (being old and round), so I tend to do better with shorter dresses...with sleeves...that don't cost much! :D Thank you!

193755589_eBaydress.jpg.602a16c3bc0272019cee18cedc58337f.jpg

9289548_SlinkyDress.jpg.bc0c125a1d864c371091cfaed071e8f1.jpg

Hi Ladies! Am looking for a little advice. We're sailing Royal in a month or so, and while I'm not in any way a dress-up person, we do prefer the MDR so I'll be wearing a dress for formal nights. I'm hoping that these will be appropriate (with the addition of a little bling!) I tend to look like an upended VW beetle, especially in a long dress (being old and round), so I tend to do better with shorter dresses...with sleeves...that don't cost much! :D Thank you!

You will be fine with those dresses and a bit of pretty jewellery. You will see quite a variety of "formal" wear, some women will be more formal than others.:D Just dress so that you feel special. That is what's really important.

Please give you coon babies a belly rub for me.:) Beautiful cats!

The Dillards by our home is going out of business so I have been getting great deals. The last dress I needed was for elegant night, the dress I got is more formal but my husband and I never get a chance to dress up. The best part is the dress was only 26.00 dollars:D. Excuse the way I look I was so excited for my husband to see I tried it on right b4 bed!

LOVE your dress! You look great in it!

I love this shade of green, it should go well with my pale tone and auburn hair. I also love that you can change the style, but I worry how well it works. It seems to me that the kind of material it is would just roll up and down and lose it's shape. I can take a wild guess that as a plus size I would definitely. Need a pair of spanx.

Anyone have experience?

AnastasiaMaxiGreen947.jpg

That's a beautiful dress. Where did you find it?

Congratulations Host Faith. Let us have a baby shower for Host Faith's baby :). Love your dress.

M

Haha! Thank you Marie! :)

I think your dresses will look great. Add a little sparkley bling and you are good to go.

On an aside, can I take it from your name that you have a Maine Coon?

Us too! She is a 6 year old named Daisy. Brown tabby with white. Love her to bits.

Thank you ladies! I don't have the best taste, so I appreciate your comments :o I do have some bling, and my best accessory will be my DD in a lovely full length gown...

@my fellow Cooncat moms - aren't they the best cats?! I love their personalities and huge paws. Please give your fur-babies some "scritches" from me!

Thank you ladies! I don't have the best taste, so I appreciate your comments :o I do have some bling, and my best accessory will be my DD in a lovely full length gown...

@my fellow Cooncat moms - aren't they the best cats?! I love their personalities and huge paws. Please give your fur-babies some "scritches" from me!

I have two 4 year old Maine Coons, Fargo & Dakota, and they are awesome cats. Dakota is my gentle giant at 26 pounds (not fat, just huge). :D Give yours scritches from me.

Lisa

Yeah, you just have to love a Maine Coon. Our Daisy sure has a lot of admirers. She is such a beauty. (she knows it too).

I love Maine Coons! My first was named Punkin, she was my baby. Now I have two kitties, a MC named Mouse and another long hair kitty named Mango. They basically run the house ;)

Well ladies' date=' my two dresses arrived today. They fit very well, except that I will need to have my seamstres adjust the shoulder about an inch on each dress. Nothing major, very simple. I could probably do that, but I know whe will not mess it up. I thought I would like the green best, but I have to say this is one time that I like the black dress more. Thinkng that I may have her go ahead and make me a new long red one for the Sweetheart ball. :);) [/i']

Hey Ladies! Please join me in wishing Drew's Wife and of course Drew a Happy Anniversary this weekend!!! They are a wonderful couple and some of the best cruising folks I know!!!

Happy, happy, happy Anniversary my friends!!!:D:D:D

Hey Ladies! Please join me in wishing Drew's Wife and of course Drew a Happy Anniversary this weekend!!! They are a wonderful couple and some of the best cruising folks I know!!!

Happy, happy, happy Anniversary my friends!!!:D:D:D

Ah, Joyce, Your are just too sweet! Thank you so much..Hard to believe it has been another year already! This time last year we were just leaving for our special trip to Dayton!

I keep telling Drew that we mght make our Golden Wedding anniversary....he would be 109 and I would be 99!:eek: I can see the shivers run down his spine when I say that! :D

But I must say that God truly blessed me, when he brought Drew into my life.:)