Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

ry%3D400

This top came today & I love it . It's a little big under the arms but I think I can have it altered, may only take a few hand stitches even. Only issue is all that white/silver is actually GOLD. Not even close to the picture. Oh well, it'll still look good with my chiffon pants.

LOVE that top but it sure doesn't look gold. It will be gorgeous with chiffon slacks. I've bought two pairs of chiffon pants (white and black) for my next cruise and think they will be very versatile (I love separates).

Marie, you look absolutely gorgeous and what a lovely couple - but the very best thing was seeing your beautiful smile. You keep it hidden in a lot of your photos so these wedding photos shout to the world just how happy you are. Thank you for sharing.

AMEN! Every time I see you and your pictures it causes me to rejoice at how joyful you are! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you all. I love to have fun. I'm not sure that I have ever told "my story" on this thread, so if I have, please forgive me. But here is why I do what I do....

I chose to take something bad and turn it in to something good.

2011 wasn't a good year for me. Starting in Feb I started having heart problems....fast forward to Aug....it was decided that I needed a pacemaker....at the age of 53.....decided to retire from work and enjoy myself in Dec...because after all, NO ONE is promised tomorrow. Then on Dec 23, my house burnt to the ground and I lost everything (for the 2nd time...had a house burn to the ground years before due to an electrical problem....this one was a chimney fire).....Because of the pacemaker, my priorities had changed and I decided not to replace my home. Instead, I moved into my son's vacant home 300' over the hill from my property. It had been vacant 3 years and had been used for storage...it is a basement/under the ground, earth home. The back and sides are underground. I replaced just what I HAD to and a whole lot of clothes and decided that I was going to travel and enjoy myself. So that is what I have done and I AM LOVING IT. I do what I want, when I want to and go and do whatever I feel like

Because NO ONE is promised tomorrow

ry%3D400

So, I decided to sell the Plum beaded dress I bought on ebay. It is too big across the shoulders and because of all the beading, can't successfully be altered. I listed it today. Hope it sells because I found this blue all over beaded dress on ebay & bought it instead !

What color shoes would you wear? I don't do heels. (Wish I could) Flats? Sandal?

I have a new pair of white leather flip flops with an ankle strap that are all rhinestoned, but I think that would be too casual ?! I'm terrible with shoes. :p

ry%3D400

So, I decided to sell the Plum beaded dress I bought on ebay. It is too big across the shoulders and because of all the beading, can't successfully be altered. I listed it today. Hope it sells because I found this blue all over beaded dress on ebay & bought it instead !

What color shoes would you wear? I don't do heels. (Wish I could) Flats? Sandal?

I have a new pair of white leather flip flops with an ankle strap that are all rhinestoned, but I think that would be too casual ?! I'm terrible with shoes. :p

Gorgeous dress! Can you post a picture of the rhinestoned flip flops?

Marie,

Congratulations. How spectacular getting married on QM2! I enjoyed seeing your wedding photos and your formal attire but I've got to ask. How many suitcases do you take on your world voyages?

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I took nine cases. This time I did not dress up as much as last year, many of the gowns and dresses are still in the cases. I am debating if I want to take it home or give them to the crews. I still have a month to thing about it.

Take care.

Marie

Quick question:

Are short dresses permitted on formal nights?

I have always worn floor length on past formal nights.... I certainly don't want to come off as tacky. However, this is my first cruise as a fit and lean lady and I wouldn't mind to show a little leg on one of the nights :p

Quick question:

I have always worn floor length on past formal nights.... I certainly don't want to come off as tacky. However, this is my first cruise as a fit and lean lady and I wouldn't mind to show a little leg on one of the nights :p

All my dresses have been cocktail length.

A little leg is always :)

ry%3D110ry%3D110

Here are the rhinestone flip flops. Suggestions ?

Marie: Love your costume. The cruise sounds fantastic !

I was going to say that wearing a silver sandal would go well with that lovely blue dress.

And if you must wear complete flats, this rhinestone pair would work well. I'd prefer a little bit of a heel...but that's me.

Hi Kathi,

I took nine cases. This time I did not dress up as much as last year, many of the gowns and dresses are still in the cases. I am debating if I want to take it home or give them to the crews. I still have a month to thing about it.

Take care.

Marie

Marie,

Thanks for the suitcase count! I've viewed the pictures you posted from your other world cruises and always wondered about the luggage situation. Hope the rest of your cruise is fantastic.

Kathi

ry%3D110ry%3D110

Here are the rhinestone flip flops. Suggestions ?

I think these would be great with that gorgeous dress. When your feet peek out as you are walking people will see the rhinestone part and may not even realize they are flat sandals. I also have an issue with heels and can't wear more than about an inch heel for any length of time. After last cruise, when my feet were swollen so badly I had to take my shoes off to walk back to the cabin after dinner, I found some rhinestone flat sandals for my next cruise.

Quick question:

Just did a quick search of about 6 cruise lines and they all said cocktail dresses are suitable for formal nights. Show those legs!