Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thanks for the nice compliment, actually I was only "69" in the picture! LOL

The shoes also are from Dillard's but bought a LONG time ago. They are not eal comfy, but I just love them. I call them my "sitting down shoes" ! :D

I like the name you gave the shoes, LOL! :D

I was looking at a pair of Coach flipflops at Nordstrom ... $99. I went to Neiman Marcus Last Call where they were 30 percent off and started to bite. Then I went into Ross at the same mall (Sugarloaf Mills, for all you Atlanta-area ladies) ... they had them ... for $39.

If you're patient and willing to hunt ... Ross is a major score. I bought a Michael Kors blouse there for $30. It was $159 across the mall in NMLC.

I have to agree with you about Ross, they have fabulous deals on dresses as well.... if one is patient and looks through everything, you can find amazing bargains. When I was in Maryland visiting my mom I bought a pretty yellow Michael Kors dress for $29 that was originally $169!

ry%3D400

Here are the Chiffon pants & beaded top. The pants didn't wrinkle at all on the way and were so fun to wear.

Your pants and beaded top are very pretty....what a great family picture!

Here are the Chiffon pants & beaded top. The pants didn't wrinkle at all on the way and were so fun to wear.

What a beautiful family portrait!

I love the chiffon pants - I'm glad I bought two new pairs for my next cruise.

Edited by Scrapnana

You should be fine. I find Europe cruises to be much more formal than Caribbean cruises. When is your Baltic cruise? Mine is August.

Hi Blonde1981, we are going July . Not long to go now , I will have to think about all the ironing and packing now, we are really looking forward to it:)

ry%3D400

Lovely picture of a lovely family!

We have never had formal portraits taken on board. May I ask, on which ship was this taken, and was it taken in front of a staircase or in front of a photo of a staircase or a green screen? How do ships ordinarily do backgrounds? Do they take a few shots and then insert whichever background you like? I'd love a blow-by-blow ("flash-by-flash:)") explanation. Thanx!

We have never had formal portraits taken on board. May I ask, on which ship was this taken, and was it taken in front of a staircase or in front of a photo of a staircase or a green screen? How do ships ordinarily do backgrounds? Do they take a few shots and then insert whichever background you like? I'd love a blow-by-blow ("flash-by-flash:)") explanation. Thanx!

Hi:) I sail solo but I can tell you there are always ship's photographers

(on all the Mass Market lines) and formal nights usually have quite

a few different venues. Staircase photos are one of the most

popular places.

They do have other backgrounds though....many times it is like a

screen that goes up behind you;)

ry%3D400

Great family photo:)

The background used for CheckersMidwest's picture looks like a Carnival ship...but I could be mistaken.

It's always fun to walk around the ship on formal/elegant or any night and pick out the background and color that compliments with what you are wearing. Most of the ships will always offer to take a picture by one of the staircases or you can just choose a backdrop. You are never charged for posing for a picture, just the ones you decide to purchase.

Edited by cruz4evr

I was looking at a pair of Coach flipflops at Nordstrom ... $99. I went to Neiman Marcus Last Call where they were 30 percent off and started to bite. Then I went into Ross at the same mall (Sugarloaf Mills, for all you Atlanta-area ladies) ... they had them ... for $39.

If you're patient and willing to hunt ... Ross is a major score. I bought a Michael Kors blouse there for $30. It was $159 across the mall in NMLC.

I just discovered Sugarloaf Mills....I'm in love with that mall, even though I got lost lol

Well I checked out the other Ross near my house and found some cute stuff but at the end put it all back. I just didn't *love* it. I did find a blue jean skirt from Express over at Marshalls for $11!!

I also popped over to Loehmann's and found a few things including my faux leather jacket (they call it vegan leather) for $31, a teal and silver BCBG short jersey dress, another teal shirt, and a cute black dress- of course none of them are online.

And while looking online for the photos of the above items I found my 2nd formal dress for the Baltic cruise.

7c881bf21cdf14a3e4acaef97b1a121c.jpg

and a few Dinner dresses:

d858e697f22d9d185c563c1c5db7ed6b.jpg0697b02ee9d957c97bcbf13a6d9d24ad.jpg

Hi Blonde1981, we are going July . Not long to go now , I will have to think about all the ironing and packing now, we are really looking forward to it:)

Ooh you will have to let me know how it is and how people are dressing when you are over there. I am almost 2 months out and can't wait!

Blonde1981- Love the purple! One of my favorite colors :)

I stop by our Ross store a couple times a month, but we have a smaller version I think because we are not a big city. It also feels kind of empty because the racks/shelves look almost bare. I seem to find a better selection in some of the bigger towns close to me. I always make a couple of road trips before my cruise! :D

Blonde1981- Love the purple! One of my favorite colors :)

I stop by our Ross store a couple times a month, but we have a smaller version I think because we are not a big city. It also feels kind of empty because the racks/shelves look almost bare. I seem to find a better selection in some of the bigger towns close to me. I always make a couple of road trips before my cruise! :D

I went to both my local Beall's Outlet and local Ross a few weeks ago and they were both bare like that. I wondered if they were both about to close down, they were so empty! But maybe I just hit them at an off time? I also live in Florida and as I'm sure their business is much slower during the summer months, it may be that their inventory gets cut back from spring-fall as well. It was very disappointing.

Both locations I went to have been packed. The one last night much more packed. I think it depends on if you hit them when a truck or two have stopped by as well as the store location. The one last night was right off the interstate near a shopping mall. The other one was hidden in an urban area.

A long time ago I asked TJ Maxx/Marshalls about deliveries and I was told their trucks tend to come on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So Friday is when to go for the best selection. Not sure about Ross.

Every time I say I am never going into Ross again I read about all of the great finds on here. I am going to go to a different Ross than the one near me and see if that makes a difference.

It should help you out. I notice the differences in Marshalls & TJ Maxx in Houston based on the area of town. In the "rich" part of town the TJ Maxx has a designer area carrying Fendi/Gucci/Prada/etc. There is another one close to Anthropologie and you can sometimes find Anthro items in that one.

Yes, it is hit or miss at all of these stores. But thanks for the tip about what days the trucks come ;).

I also love checking out Dillards 'additional 30% off already reduced merchandise for card holders' sale, which is usually on Wednesdays here.

I for one, LOVE to check out our local Second Hand Stores for the Formal Wear attire.

This dress (which I call my "Glitter Dress") I found in one of these stores and ONLY paid $15.00!!!!! :eek:

I receive SO many compliments and I feel SO good knowing that it not only fits well....I saved a bundle!! PLUS it packs very well!

(Sorry..the tiny picture does not do it justice!)

Diane :p

IMAG0040.jpg.8951dbd4013f361ee59db37fde68e179.jpg

I recently started looking at second hand/resale places but I have yet to see any fab dresses for cheap. Again I think it is the section of town I live in. I'm too close to the rich people with their fancy designers. I will have to venture out to the suburbs one of these weekends.