Bread Pudding

richinnc

Will add my name to the list of the Bread Pudding lovers. Before trying it in 2004, I abhorred it, but my DH got me to try it during our cruise. Needless to say I am spoiled and no other bread pudding even comes close. I agree with the cinnamon ice cream as an addition - takes it to another level!

(2 months 4 days until I get to have it for 2 whole weeks!!!!!):D

Yes, I too love Bread Pudding - aways have it for desert or afrternoon snack in the Lido.

I just wish they would used warm Eagle Brand milk as a topping.

See you at the bread pudding station on the 28th!

Nancy

Nancy, I will be the one trying the cinnamon ice cream with my bread pudding.

• 2 weeks later...
We've been on two previous HAL cruises and my wife loves their bread pudding. It is available on the Zaandam? We are sailing in May of 2012 to Alaska.:D

As of last April, Zaandam was serving bread pudding. We gained at least five lbs on this delicious pudding. Can't wait for next April to get my fill again.

We've been on two previous HAL cruises and my wife loves their bread pudding. It is available on the Zaandam? We are sailing in May of 2012 to Alaska.:D

I'm on the Zaandam now, and I would get bread pudding every time I ate at the Lido. In the Zaandam, the bread pudding is on the dessert bar at the center.

• 2 months later...

Thanks all for the information on the Bread Pudding. My wife was thrilled to learn she can get her fill come next May.:p Come the 14th of January 2012, we will only have 4 months before we start our cruise/tour. Yay:o

Hope I'm understanding you correctly, but the chocolate version was also offerred on my recent Volendam sailing, as well as on Volendam last year, and Statendam the year before. It really is a nice 'upgrade' from the regular version, but very rich. It's a ritual for me to have a little every day.....thanks to all the positive recommendations from the folks here:)

I looked for the chocolate version on our recent Noordam cruise -- just the regular bread pudding.

Eat dessert (i.e. bread pudding) first...life is uncertain!:p

Exactly the reason that I always eat the crust on my pie (my favorite part) first. This is another southern girl testifying to the quality of HAL's bread pudding. It's the best!

On the R/T Oosterdam cruise 12/10/11, 14 day cruise to Hawaii. Was in the Lido every day and never saw the bread pudding one time. Dessert selection was very poor and repetitive. Cinnamon ice cream was only offered one day.:mad:

It's true that the cinnamon ice cream is not often offered, but I'm so sorry you missed the bread pudding. It WAS in the Lido during our cruise (same as you - RT Hawaii Oosterdam Dec 10-24) , right near the ice cream stations. It was in an obscure corner and we missed it for a couple of days, but once my hubby found it, I ate WAY too much of the stuff. With the vanilla sauce.....

Why they put one of their star performers in a corner is beyond me! ("Nobody puts Baby in a corner.....")

Barb in so cal.

Yes -- it is on all ships -- you can have my portion.

I really don't care for it.

The only one I really like is the chocolate bread pudding that is offered several days at lunch only on the Amsterdam.

I agree about the bread pudding. Before our first HAL cruise everyone had raved so much about the bread pudding that I was really looking forward to it. Alas, I was disappointed in it having had much better.

I thought maybe it was the cook on the Zaandam who didn't do a decent job but it was the same a few years later on the Amsterdam. I did like the chocolate bread pudding but even that one I wouldn't have raved about.

Recently tried the bread pudding on the Oosterdam on our first HAL cruise--the

bread pudding was unremarkable--you can get better pudding anywhere in

Louisiana--

Don't know what all the hype about it on this board is????? In fact the bread pudding reminded me of a standard cafeteria style bread pudding that can be bought anywhere like at the Hometown Buffet or Golden Corral.

BG

Archived