June 2012 NCL Pearl Victoria Excursions

mouse0217

When we were there, buses were waiting that would take you downtown, and then you could catch any one of them for a return to the dock when you were ready. I think it was about $6 or $8 pp roundtrip. Nice chance to just walk around and look..or get something to eat.

The three big things that a tour would do in Victoria are 1) High Tea at the Empress Hotel, 2)Butchart Gardens and 3)walk and shop on Government St. You can do any and all very easily on your own. You are so close to the harbor the entire time that you really don't need to worry about missing boat if you DIY.

I've been looking for Victoria excursions as well. I did not find any in the excursions list online at NCL, but there were two mentioned on the ports page for Victoria in the Alaska itineraries.

They are "Butchart Gardens & Victoria Highlights" and "Craigdarroch Castle & Victoria Highlights." However when you click "more details" for either of them, nothing ever opens up, as if the link is broken.

The Pearl gets to Victoria at 6:00 PM, Craigdarroch closes at 7:00 PM and Butchart at 10:00 PM, time is pretty tight for much! The last seating for tea at the Empress is at 3:45 PM, so that's a no go altogether.

Archived