If you edited your bed set-up...

Rockportgirl

[quote name='paradise825']I have changed mine every time I log on , it says successful, and when I logo agin it is back to twin beds. Does carnival know this is a problem?[/quote]

Yes. If you went through a TA you can see an error at the top of the base screen behind the pop-up...

Yes, our cruise is paid in full and I have tried many times to change to king, but it keeps going back to twin after I log out and then log in again. We booked direct with Carnival and I called them. They said no problem. Usually if room steward sees it is a married couple on the booking, they just go ahead and make the cabin up with king bed anyway. In either case, it is easily fixed once on board the ship. We have always had great room stewards and I am not worried about it. I just love cruising!!!! :)

[quote name='H82seaUgo']if my bed set up is not to my liking, i will simply let my servant know.

that's what i'm paying him for.[/QUOTE]

I think that was a little uncalled for to call your steward a servant.

[quote name='sylent']I think that was a little uncalled for to call your steward a servant.[/QUOTE]

Thought the same thing..... I have a lot of respect for the entire staff and really enjoy getting to know them. I certainly don't think of them as my servant.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='joepeka']If you booked your cruise through a TA or other non-CCL agency, you have to get it permanently changed through that agency. As you discovered, you can make the change on the CCL web site but there's an easy-to-miss message that pops when you do that saying you need to work with your agency to get it changed. Your change will only be retained until you logout then reverts back.[/quote]

I don't understand all this fuss???? The system was perfectly fine before. My bed was always made into a King (I guess they assume, because we are a couple) I would think it would be easier just to request that people who [I]don't[/I] want the beds together to state as such when booking (like choosing your dining time)...
And big deal if there is a mistake when you get to the cabin...just ask the steward to fix it.

It's just fixing something that wasn't broke if you ask me...

[quote name='Javacruiser']Thought the same thing..... I have a lot of respect for the entire staff and really enjoy getting to know them. I certainly don't think of them as my servant.[/quote]

am i deducing that if you had a servant at home, you would have no respect for them?

I am offended that you called the cabin steward a servant. These people work very hard to make sure you have a great vacation and deserve our respect. I agree it is nice to get to know them. If you are married, I feel very sorry for your wife. I hope you don't call her your servant for taking care of your home....

[quote name='steele Bunny']I am offended that you called the cabin steward a servant. These people work very hard to make sure you have a great vacation and deserve our respect. I agree it is nice to get to know them. If you are married, I feel very sorry for your wife. I hope you don't call her your servant for taking care of your home....[/QUOTE]

now there's an odd analogy. i've yet to pay my wife to perform duties for me.

and people who hire servants in their homes have no reason not to respect them. why would that be different on board?

and if that's the people you wish to get to know on board, that's entirely your choice.

Halos
Don't understand the fuss? It's more of a joke that with todays technology Carnival can't seem to get the computer glitch fixed. I'm sure everybody is aware that when they board they can rectify the bedding situation. So in that respect Problem Solved. But don't you think it's Funny that it can't be fixed? (with today's tech.)

[quote name='beerman2']Halos
Don't understand the fuss? It's more of a joke that with todays technology Carnival can't seem to get the computer glitch fixed. I'm sure everybody is aware that when they board they can rectify the bedding situation. So in that respect Problem Solved. But don't you think it's Funny that it can't be fixed? (with today's tech.)[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is funny and ridiculous!!! My ds and dh both work in IT, and there is no way many corporations would find this acceptable.

I just happened to notice mine about 10 days ago. I changed it to King and after reading this thread, I decided I better check it again. I'm happy to report that it didn't change back. I wouldn't want to spend my honeymoon in a cabin with twin beds ;). lol

I told our TA when I booked that we wanted king bed configuration, so assume it is taken care of. If not, we will ask our room steward to change it for us. I'll bet the room stewards will be happy when the glitch is taken care of and they can just make up the bed in the preferred configuration on changeover day. I haven't checked our booking yet or filled out the fun/boarding passes. Gotta get to it soon...

Just checked mine and it says twins, which is what I want. Now the question is, does the room steward (no not servant), get this request prior to our boarding? And, if he does, does he comply with the request? I know you can get them to change it once you board, but this seems like a bother to them, as they are so busy.

[quote name='H82seaUgo']why is that? a servant is a person that performs duties for others.

have you a stigma attached to that word?[/quote]

Apparently, Miriam Webster defines the word differently than you do:

[B]Definition of [I]SERVANT[/I][/B]

[B]:[/B] one that [URL="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/serves"]serves[/URL] others <a public [I]servant[/I]>; [I]especially[/I] [B]:[/B] one that performs duties about the person or home of a master or personal employer

VS. [B]STEWARD

[/B]an employee on a ship, airplane, bus, or train who manages the provisioning of food and attends passengers

[quote name='Roscoe13']Apparently, Miriam Webster defines the word differently than you do:

[B]Definition of [I]SERVANT[/I][/B]

[B]:[/B] one that [URL="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/serves"]serves[/URL] others <a public [I]servant[/I]>; [I]especially[/I] [B]:[/B] one that performs duties about the person or home of a master or personal employer

VS. [B]STEWARD[/B]

an employee on a ship, airplane, bus, or train who manages the provisioning of food and attends passengers[/quote]
Erm...aren't 'serves others' and 'attends passengers' basically synonymous? ;)

What's all the kerfuffle? It's just a name. h82seaugo is just showing his age and his rather haughty and peremptory outlook on life. He sounds like a splendid chap. :rolleyes:

Edit: And who the heck is Miriam Webster?

Archived