Worried about tropical weather/hurricanes ?!?

QUIGONATOR

:confused: OMG Lots of tropical weather going through mexico next week......EEEEK!!

We leave Sun. 10/16 to go down that way?

looking for info if anyone has ever been rerouted due to such weather?

Please join me in prayer for it to clear up by then & no more futher developements!!

:confused: OMG Lots of tropical weather going through mexico next week......EEEEK!!

Please join me in prayer for it to clear up by then & no more futher developements!!

I know what you mean, we cruise on 10/22.:eek: We are keeping an eye on the weather very closely. Good luck and God willing we will all have a calm and wonderful trip.:)

What kind of info do you want?

If a storm is hitting a port, you will be rerouted. If there is a storm on your tail, a port may be cut short. If you hear the ship blowing it's horn, get moving back to the ship.

For the most part they will avoid the worst of it.

Take sea sick pills becasue if it gets real rough, it can be hard to get them on the ship.

I have only been sick once, but I have seen may people rolling around on the floor. If you see them putting out the white bags, grab one and put it in your pocket. I knew about 1 min before I needed mine.

Going with you!

Don't fret - if you look at my signature, you'll see my Paradise cruise got rerouted multiple times due to hurricane Charley. Honestly, we were having so much fun on the ship, most didn't even know that Miami was about to get flooded off the map. Carnival found us a replacement port when Grand Cayman wasn't available.

I frequently cruise during the fall and I've been rerouted several times. I've missed ports 3 or 4 times and been in moderately rough sea's a few times.

I have pretty good sea legs, so the rough sea's don't bother me too much. I agree though with a PP to carry a barf bag with you if you see them put out.

The ships are large enough to out run the worst part of the weather so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

We sail tomorrow :eek: and seas are pretty high as of now. I watched the weather all week and let me tell you, no need to worry about it just be prepared. A disturbance can pop up anytime, anywhere this time of year as I saw last night, one popped up on the west coast of mexico without any warning to us LOL. Take sea sicks pills with you and enjoy the ride.

Don't worry too much, this is very late in the hurricane season, most likely any hurricane this time of year will be a weak one.

Wilma hit Halloween week and it was the most powerful hurricane ever in the Atlantic Basin. Had the lowest pressures ever recorded. Don't say they will ALL be weak this time of year...maybe say usually they are weak.

Wilma hit Halloween week and it was the most powerful hurricane ever in the Atlantic Basin. Had the lowest pressures ever recorded. Don't say they will ALL be weak this time of year...maybe say usually they are weak.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Killjoy!!!! :p;)

Just kidding, but I'm cruising out on the 17th and I am just keeping EVERYTHING crossed that the bad weather will piddle out.

Cheers, Carole

Wilma was the worst! I live in SE Florida and even after crossing the state, Wilma was worse than either Frances or Jean!

As long as there is no hurricane in Tampa and we actually get to board the ship, I'd be okay with a 7-day cruise to nowhere!!:D:D:D

Since there's absolutely nothing any of us can do about the weather (and I personally believe praying about it is rather, um, silly), why worry?

Just be prepared if you think you may suffer from motion sickness.

And if you have independent excursions booked, and end up being rerouted, they'll know about it. If you get rerouted, there will be excursions in whatever port you end up, if any. If not, you get an extra day at sea to relax (or play).

He didn't say they would all be weak

"Don't worry too much, this is very late in the hurricane season, most likely any hurricane this time of year will be a weak one."

Archived