price drop question

sherlynn

We are sailing in December and I noticed today that prices have dropped considerably on our sailng for certain categories but ours isn't one of them. can I request to change categories and get onboard credit for the difference? we have made our final payment and we booked with a travel agent.

It never hurts to ask. Give them a call and let us all know what the outcome is. According to RCL you can upgrade but they don't mention anything about changing to a lower category room.

I have done this before and gotten a refund but that was before the rule change last year.

We are sailing in December and I noticed today that prices have dropped considerably on our sailng for certain categories but ours isn't one of them. can I request to change categories and get onboard credit for the difference? we have made our final payment and we booked with a travel agent.

After final payment, you cannot get any money back, whether it be OBC or credit to credit card.

However, you can move up categories if you like. If a category is less than what you paid, you get it for free. If a category is more than you paid, you can opt to pay the difference.

Since you booked with a travel agent, you must make all changes thru that agent.

we are booked in an inside stateroom and promenade staterooms are now over $100 cheaper than my inside cabin! Balcony cabins are only $30 more than my inside cabin. I think I should move! so if Ido choose to move, I can either take the promenade for nothing or pay the extra and get a balcony....is there any question with what I should do? never had a balcony cabin....should we go for it?

we are booked in an inside stateroom and promenade staterooms are now over $100 cheaper than my inside cabin! Balcony cabins are only $30 more than my inside cabin. I think I should move! so if Ido choose to move, I can either take the promenade for nothing or pay the extra and get a balcony....is there any question with what I should do? never had a balcony cabin....should we go for it?

You need to call first and make sure that what you are seeing isn't some special "for new reservations only" sale price.

Get the balcony IMO...:D

. . . I can either take the promenade for nothing or pay the extra and get a balcony....is there any question with what I should do? never had a balcony cabin....should we go for it?

For $30 more, I would move from an inside to a balcony.

Woody

thanks for the input. I will call my TA tomorrow as it is turkey day here in the great white north.......btw, we are enjoying weather in the high 70's/low 80's this weekend. I will let you know the outcome of my cabin adventure!

Hi!

Can someone clarify something for me as well. I have a cruise booked for December, final payment made, and I see a price drop on the website. Our cruise is not on The Special Sales Event list. The new prices were available on site since Saturday. I called RCCL to try to get an upgrade and was told it was for New Bookings Only. Has anyone encountered this as well? Are prices on the site all for new bookings only? Thanks!

We decided on midship promenade cabins. The only balcony cabins left were aft's and I prefer mid ship. Plus, we get the promenade for no additional cost where as the balcony cabins were going to actually be an additional $64 per person so I passed for now.

There was no problem with my TA changing the cabins for us. There was no promo for first time bookings only.....and I had called directly to RCCL and they told me they would gladly change us to either a promenade room at no cost or upgrade and pay the difference to a higher priced cabin. Hope that helps you out musicgirlcruiser!

Archived