The "Big Surprise"

MszKitty

Eat like a Parisan. Since when does NCL have food you can get in France? Le Bistro doesnt count. Chill like a Jamaican. Does this mean all Jamaican people are lazy? Love like a Venetian. Um do they love any different than someone in the US or elsewhere? Party like a Brazilian. Does this mean all Brazilians are drunks? This is what I got from it. To me its offensive. Sorry but it is. Now I saw the commercial tonight on HGTV. They took out the people parts and left in just the eat,party, love, shop, chill and well you get the idea. It was really very good like that. If they would have stuck to that I wouldnt have any problem at all. I dont get offended very easy but when I see a few cultures like that. Then it bothers me. I just dont see how people dont see it? Oh well at least the commercial is better now.

Add one more tagline... "Get offended like a Silverman". :rolleyes:

Really? You don't get offended easily? Really?

It seems to me you're just looking for something to be offended about. None of the words used has any negative connotation unless you chooseto see it as negative.

"Also, the comment about all of the good looking people in the ad??? Well, should they have shown all of the overweight people in sweatpants charging into the chocolate buffet??? Really???"

No. Just regular people. Tall, short, thin, fat, seniors, teens, toddlers, mid-age -- you know, just regular people, instead of only the young and beautiful.

Not happy to hear about the pricing. Especially now that we've missed most of the good recent sales on all the other lines while waiting for the Breakaway information to surface.

We've already given up on Alaska because of the huge increases in price. Really disappointed. The Epic was pretty reasonable for a new ship with good entertainment. :(

Oh my gosh. That's great. I know the song, but never really listen to the words that close. It would be a perfect theme song. LOL :) Maybe they'll have her be the godmother. :eek:

Hah, that'd be cool since I'm a fan of Kelly Clarkson. And it just dawned on me Reba McIntere is the godmother of Epic -- Kelly and Reba are actually friends.

I saw the new Cruise Like a Norwegian commercial tonight. All the visuals were good but I don't get the tagline. The ships aren't registered in Norway. Some of the staff are Norwegian, OK. But cruise like a Norwegian? It would be better Cruise Like Norwegian.

I saw the new Cruise Like a Norwegian commercial tonight. All the visuals were good but I don't get the tagline. The ships aren't registered in Norway. Some of the staff are Norwegian, OK. But cruise like a Norwegian? It would be better Cruise Like Norwegian.

Is it the same video on their facebook page? (Someone else mentioned something about not showing the people in the pictures)...is this the same one you seen?

It seems with this new branding etc that NCL is definitely refocusing on North American passengers..

New ship year-round from NY.

Hull art by some unknown artist (well over here) guess he must be popular in America?

Had zero publicity/ads on this side of the pond.

Next Easter only one ship of the fleet will be in Europe. (Epic comes back over after the school holidays have finished).

Oh well..

Is it the same video on their facebook page? (Someone else mentioned something about not showing the people in the pictures)...is this the same one you seen?
I just watched the FB video and it's not the one I saw on the commercial. The commercial I saw was 15 seconds and the snippets were taken from that longer video though. Now that I've seen the longer video...I hate it! I don't see NCL in it. I can't tell what they're trying to sell me? It's like an Old Navy commercial. Very disappointing. I liked the fish swimming against the other fish. Why couldn't they reinvent the whatever theme? They never took that as far as they could.

Surf like a Hawaiian? Chill like a Jamaican? Shop like a maven? What's that all about??? Where are the ships? The amenities on the ship?

Misses the mark for me. :confused:

It seems with this new branding etc that NCL is definitely refocusing on North American passengers..

New ship year-round from NY.

Hull art by some unknown artist (well over here) guess he must be popular in America?

Had zero publicity/ads on this side of the pond.

Next Easter only one ship of the fleet will be in Europe. (Epic comes back over after the school holidays have finished).

Oh well..

Okay, granted my geography is not so good but there are four ships on your side of the pond from Easter 2012 til almost Halloween and basically nothing for us North Americans unless we do Bermuda or Alaska. I think it's about time to focus back on me!! ;)

Some have to work very hard to find a reason to be offended. When I think of Brazil I think Carnival, I don't think drunks. Jamaica, I think laid back and chillin' not lazy, etc, etc. It's a commercial for God's sake.

I do think the first cruises are going to be terribly expensive and I'm not sure how much they are going to come down. I've noticed over the years that NYC and Boston cruises tend to be a little spendy. Whatever the traffic will bear I guess.;)

Okay, granted my geography is not so good but there are four ships on your side of the pond from Easter 2012 til almost Halloween and basically nothing for us North Americans unless we do Bermuda or Alaska. I think it's about time to focus back on me!! ;)

But you have them all bar one "Jade" from now until April. And none of the other two "Spirit" and "Epic" arrive until after the Easter holidays I know because I was looking for a family holiday Easter 2012 NCL and the only option was Jade to the canaries.

I think there is a 4th next season doing the Baltics/Russia route but that still leaves 7 on your side.

So winter 2011/2012 - 1 In Europe, 10 in Nth America

Summer 2012 - 4 in Europe, 7 in Nth America

In NCLs own words the 2nd largest country for pax (after USA of course) is the UK. So come along NCL, if RCL, Celebrity, Cunard, Princess can all do it.. we want a freestyle ship for UK!!

Just asked NCL this a.m. on FB when deck plans?

Answer: ...deck plans will be available on on ncl.com October 17th. If you are a Latitudes member and call to book on Friday, your agent will be able to assist you with cabin selection.

Um my TA or anyone else for that matter is not going to be able to "assist" me with where I want to be. I have to SEE the plans, where it's located, what's above and under, which deck and everything for myself to see what appeals to me.

I don't understand what the big fricken secret is. If they want business, they need to release them for us to see...along with the pricing. People don't just booked blind most of the time. :(

im still a bit confused on the "cruising like a Norweigan" part..Is that suppose to be better then the current freestyle cruising? How does one cruise like a Norwegian if we never went to Norway or cruise from Norway...lol :confused:

Yeah, I don't get it either. Does not appeal to me.:rolleyes:

Well, here's the SURPRISE. It's the pricing structure. Got a quote from an agent for September 2013. We are so disappointed with the cost. Can only hope prices will come down later. $2,000 for an inside cabin. Whoa!!!! :eek:

Sept 8 – 15, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Balcony: 1428.04/person

Sept 29 – Oct 6, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Well, here's the SURPRISE. It's the pricing structure. Got a quote from an agent for September 2013. We are so disappointed with the cost. Can only hope prices will come down later. $2,000 for an inside cabin. Whoa!!!! :eek:

Sept 8 – 15, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Balcony: 1428.04/person

Sept 29 – Oct 6, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Think about it though, Oasis and Allure can still command high prices for interior rooms. I paid $749 for the smallest inside room on the Oasis for December (off-season), and the prices have only gone up. You want an interior, it will cost you $1000 pp! And the ship has been out for a couple of years now.

I'm not saying that the prices aren't expensive, but I sadly don't think they are unreasonable given a brand new ship. I'm thinking of going in late may.

Archived