The "Big Surprise"

MszKitty

I don't think the pricing is that bad either. The Explorer of the Seas out of Bayounne commands high prices as well.

Exactly, and the Explorer is DEFINITELY an older ship. I could have tried that, but keep passing. I've done Explorer years ago and didn't want to spend that kind of money, might as well sail to the Caribbean from Florida/Puerto Rico at that rate! My parents have though.

So again, considering brand new ship, 7 days out of NYC with 3 full days in Bermuda, I see no reason not to try it out.

Well, here's the SURPRISE. It's the pricing structure. Got a quote from an agent for September 2013. We are so disappointed with the cost. Can only hope prices will come down later. $2,000 for an inside cabin. Whoa!!!! :eek:

Sept 8 – 15, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Balcony: 1428.04/person

Sept 29 – Oct 6, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

guess i wont be sailing on the breakway anytime soon..I wonder what is going to happen to the NY port. Does the gem keep the current Bahama run, will the Star still be available for regular Bermuda runs or will she be moved again? I really want to do a Bermuda cruise in 2013, but i don't know which line will have these runs within my budget (im looking for an inside room less then 600 )

I love the new commercial. I like the song, I like the visuals, and I like the fact that they are emphasizing the emotion that is at the heart of the experience. Compare the new ad with RCI's new ad, which is a much more literal ship/hot tub/rock-climbing-wall kind of thing, and I think the NCL campaign is a lot more sexy. The whole a-ha! is the ship at the end.

Also, did you notice that the campaign (I assume the song) will be making its way into the White Hot Party and the crew farewell? If you don't like it, you better get used to it.

As for drinking the Kool-Aid, I'm booked on the inagural sailing from Southampton. Now the only thing I have to worry about is icebergs!;)

Archived