room service alcohol

ruby32

We are travelling on the Insignia in a veranda room (not concierge). Other than bringing our own alcohol, is it possible to have alcoholic drinks brought to the room through room service or any other means ? :)

We are travelling on the Insignia in a veranda room (not concierge). Other than bringing our own alcohol, is it possible to have alcoholic drinks brought to the room through room service or any other means ? :)

You can get almost any item from the dining room delivered to your cabin.

Their wb site even shows wine being delivered.

Steve

You can get almost any item from the dining room delivered to your cabin.

Steve

I do not think that is correct

If you are not in the upper suites you can only order food from the Room service menu not from the GDR menu

I cannot say that it is the least expensive option, however, many friends of ours will send themselves bottles of liquor as if they were Bon Voyage Gifts.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/bonvoyage/default.aspx

Then order the mixers, glasses and ice from room service (things like that are provided at no cost).

You'll find your "gift" in the stateroom when you get onto the ship ;)

For the steerage-class customers (say, veranda on Riviera), do they provide any fresh flowers or fresh fruit in the cabin upon arrival?

If not, the "Classic Bon Voyage Package" gift looks like a cost-effect spruce-up to the cabin. With the side benefit of having a chilled bottle of chardonnay waiting, to cut the dust of the ride from the Athens airport...

Medium Assortment of Fresh Flowers, Basket of Seasonal Fresh Fruit & a Bottle of St. Francis 2001 Chardonnay - $95.00

(Though I hope the chardonnay is not a 2001...)

Oceania is not concerned about bringing your own alcohol of any vintage or indeed fresh flowers on board, so you can kit out your home bar as you like. The issue of having alcohol brought to your room may be moot since you can stock your own bar - or vase.

I cannot say that it is the least expensive option, however, many friends of ours will send themselves bottles of liquor as if they were Bon Voyage Gifts.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/bonvoyage/default.aspx

Then order the mixers, glasses and ice from room service (things like that are provided at no cost).

If you order from the Bon Voyage gifts

mixers come with the bottle

Please note: With the purchase of any 1-liter bottle From the Bar, six complimentary 12-ounce soft drink cans are included. You may choose from Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water and/or Tonic.

Also in the fridge are more ;)

Not so sure about flowers, though. Don't know how they would handle this due to international laws about transferring plants from one country to another.

LOL, we went all around this particular Mulberry bush, back before the Marinas' maiden voyage.

It still makes no sense to me, but Oceanias' official policy is that passengers are allowed to bring on flowers (or even to send them on in their luggage, if they are so disposed).

The discussion was detailed enough that we learned that such flowers would briefly have to lie on a conveyer belt whilst they passed through the metal detectors.

I don't think that I'd try to take anything back off the ship, however.........:rolleyes:

My question remains, does O. provide any fresh flowers or fresh fruit upon embarkation for the "lower classes"? We've only been on all-inclusives before, where such things are de rigueur.

I'm afraid Mrs D. will be a bit disappointed if such niceties are not present. And I will be disappointed if there is not alchohol present :eek:

My question remains, does O. provide any fresh flowers or fresh fruit upon embarkation for the "lower classes"? We've only been on all-inclusives before, where such things are de rigueur.

Not unless you pay for them

your TA may send them as a gift for your cabin ;)

There are no flowers or fruit basket provided in concierge or PH either. I haven't travelled above that so don't know. The only "perk" in concierge and at the PH level is a bottle of sparkling wine provided for embarkation.

LOL, we went all around this particular Mulberry bush, back before the Marinas' maiden voyage.

It still makes no sense to me, but Oceanias' official policy is that passengers are allowed to bring on flowers (or even to send them on in their luggage, if they are so disposed).

The discussion was detailed enough that we learned that such flowers would briefly have to lie on a conveyer belt whilst they passed through the metal detectors.

I don't think that I'd try to take anything back off the ship, however.........:rolleyes:

The shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, now we must worry about the flower bomber? Interesting! LOL:)

There are no flowers or fruit basket provided in concierge or PH either. I haven't travelled above that so don't know. The only "perk" in concierge and at the PH level is a bottle of sparkling wine provided for embarkation.

There are flower arrangements in the penthouses...

203238.jpg -And don't forget about the butlers!

There are flower arrangements in the penthouses...

203238.jpg -And don't forget about the butlers!

Hmmm. Guess that's another thing that didn't make it out of the hold of the ship for the Maiden Voyage - the flowers, not the butler.

Thanks for all the responses. However, I'm still wondering whether I can simply order a glass of wine or mixed drink and have it brought to my room (I understand I'd have to pay for it). Alternatively, can I buy a drink (or 2) at one of the bars and take it to my room ?:)

Sure you can. Well, we've never done it ourselves ... but in the days before O included sodas and water, and such, free of charge my DH used to go to a bar to get some ginger ale or tonic and he was certainly able to bring it back to our room. I'm sure he could have brought back an alcoholic drink if he'd wanted one.

The room service menu includes drinks. I don't see why you couldn't pick up the phone and ask them to bring you a couple glasses of wine or a mixed drink.

The only problem is when you want to take liquor that you brought on board into a public room...

Thanks for all the responses. However, I'm still wondering whether I can simply order a glass of wine or mixed drink and have it brought to my room (I understand I'd have to pay for it). Alternatively, can I buy a drink (or 2) at one of the bars and take it to my room ?:)

I have never ordered drinks from room service so cannot comment

They do have little mini bottles in the fridge of alcohol & cans of soda, beer

Small bottles of wine (enough for 2) (fee based)

If that does not work you can bring drinks from the bar to enjoy in your cabin

without a problem

You could also bring a bottle of your favourite poison or wine onboard for for consumption in your cabin ;)

Lyn

Archived