Something Wonderful on the New Menu

Kreeb

Just completed our 27th on Carnival Dream and wanted to rave about one of the new menu items. I think it's under "Comfort Food", on the last night of the 7 day menu.

It's called Bacon Mac n Cheese. It comes with a chicken breast on top which we skipped because we just wanted to share it as a side dish to our Prime Rib.

It is made with Gouda Cheese and is incredibly creamy and tasty with the combo of the bacon and Gouda Cheese. It is simply heavenly and is now a must have on all of our future cruises. if you like good Mac n Cheese and especially Gouda cheese you must try it....I'm salivating just thinking about it . Enjoy!!!

Here's the recipe, it was on JH blog in august

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

I love homemade mac and cheese so I was really excited when I heard about this!! My only problem is that I don't eat pork (or beef). Is the bacon all through the macaroni or just sprinkled on top? I am hoping that I can try this if the bacon can easily be picked off the top!!

I love homemade mac and cheese so I was really excited when I heard about this!! My only problem is that I don't eat pork (or beef). Is the bacon all through the macaroni or just sprinkled on top? I am hoping that I can try this if the bacon can easily be picked off the top!!

Its a slice laid across the top...easy to remove :)

Reading the recipe it sounds like there is a slice on top, but more bacon incorporated into the pasta/cream sauce.

Hmm I saw that too...but on mine it was just on top. Trust me if it was in there I'd find it lol! ;)

DebsCamera109.jpg

The Bacon Mac and Cheese is SOOOO good!! The only thing i wasnt very fond of in the MDR was the pumpkin and cheese pot pie thing. The pasty was SOOO good, but the stuff inside not so much. The waitress told me that she was very surprised the veggies inside were not cut up more. She asked if i would like something else. i thought that was very thoughtful and professional of her. But by that time, i was full!

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

I think I just gained 10 lbs. reading the recipe! I didn't try it on my last cruise, but may try it as a side dish on my next.

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

White pepper to taste

Sorry, think this might be the previous Mac n Cheese recipe....the one I am referring to specifically on the menu that it is made with Gouda Cheese only.

Somehow, mac&cheese hasn't any appeal to me when I'm dining out....or when I'm dining in too, for that matter. Happy that some people like it, but then I don't understand the objections when CCL is nicknamed the Walmart of Cruising.

And some people like fish and some don't so i don't know why your knocking people for liking it? Although i never had Mac n Cheese for a meal this has chicken breast on top with bacon. Sounds good to me plus i won't complain like you till i try it:D

Archived