Something Wonderful on the New Menu

Kreeb

Made skillet bacon mac n' cheese for dinner tonight. I used parmesan, muenster and cheddar, it was delish! DH gobbled it up :D

Still not better than Martha Stewart's mac and cheese recipe. Hers, by far, is the best I've made at home.

Looking forward to trying CCL's in a few weeks!

Mac and cheese and scalloped potatoes are ok sides to me anywhere..LOL..I had some little creamy potato side like that on Paradise..i would love it if they had this in a smaller little ramekin like that...this talk is not good on my diet now..LOL..but yeah..a good addition to me...like some have said some of the better steakhouses are incorporating comfort sides...sarah

Mac and cheese and scalloped potatoes are ok sides to me anywhere..LOL..I had some little creamy potato side like that on Paradise..i would love it if they had this in a smaller little ramekin like that...this talk is not good on my diet now..LOL..but yeah..a good addition to me...like some have said some of the better steakhouses are incorporating comfort sides...sarah

Sarah, have you been to the steakhouse on a carnival ship??? The Yukon Gold Wasabii mash are to DIE for!!!! And they have a creamed spinach that is awesome too!!!

My husband is bummed there is not a shrimp cocktail everynight because he loves that stuff, but I think we'll just wait and try it ourselves. Then we can complain if we don't like it.

It's way better than making dinner myself so I'm all good!!!

:D Carole

Sarah, have you been to the steakhouse on a carnival ship??? The Yukon Gold Wasabii mash are to DIE for!!!! And they have a creamed spinach that is awesome too!!!

My husband is bummed there is not a shrimp cocktail everynight because he loves that stuff, but I think we'll just wait and try it ourselves. Then we can complain if we don't like it.

It's way better than making dinner myself so I'm all good!!!

:D Carole

LOL thanks, and no not yet and yes I will when I get on a steakhouse ship....I must say like my grandma said when she led her group at 92 into the retirement apts..."Sometimes I don't like what they cook for dinner but then again sometimes I didn't like what I cooked for dinner so what's the difference?"

LOL granted we want the mostest and the bestest on vacation and I too get addicted to my favorites..but heah we will survive..and it is better than the winter in Nebraska and Montana with our brand of fancy at that temp....LOL..Sarah...thanks Carole and so excited for your trip!!:D

Yes, I can see it as a side dish on the ship, but not a main course.... Everyone ought to order it as a side dish that loves mac n cheese, and still order a main dish. A side dish or on childrens menu is perfect for it.

I ordered it because nothing else appealed to me on the last night. It was delicious! We have also been to high-end steakhouses that have mac n cheese as a side dish, and it wasn't as good as CCL's - at least on Miracle.

Just got off the Pride a few days ago...it was on the menu on the last sea day before we docked..it was AWSOME!!! I wish they had it every night. The chicken breast is on top and is small and easy enough to remove it you don't want it. There are real bacon pieces thru out the mac and cheese. I totally loved it...gouda is usually not my cheese of choice, but this was exceptional. I was just disappointed it was only offered on the last day.

I just got off the Legend and had this. By the last night, I was ready for some comfort food.

Now, I LOVE bacon! And I LOVE homemade mac n' cheese!

The first two bites were awesome. I thought I was in heaven.

Then I took a few more bites...ehhh, it's actually not as good as I first thought. The ENTIRE dish tastes like bacon grease. The chicken. The noodles. The sauce. It was just too bacon greasy for me. I didn't eat any more of it. (And neither did my friend. We both felt the same way.)

That's just my honest opinion. Y'all may love it. Try it out! :)

Archived