What is the T-Pool?

klang

Our experience on three ten night Equinox cruises is contrary to your assertion.

We sailed on Equinox March of 2010 - Caribbean - it was heated. If you find your Solarium pool cold - call customer relations and ask them to relate the issue to the engineer in charge. I had to do it once. It took about 5 hours before we felt that water was warm and comfortable.

It depends on what is considered 'heated'. I just talked to a Captain's Club representative who looked up the information on whether this pool is heated. He located a document that stated that all three pools are to be heated when necessary to maintain a temperature of between 60 and 75 degrees. This is in stark contrast to the 90 degree water in the M-class T-pools.

The BIGGEST and probably only flaw on the S-class ships is the lack of a T-pool. What were they thinking?

Not looking to sound snarky here (I've not been on the S-class) but I understand it doesn't have an exterior promenade either!

Is that true? (Deck plans and photos indicate that.) A promenade deck along the hull is a KEY feature to this cruiser. If X is listening, that non-feature has resulted in at least one booking being kicked over to HAL.

It depends on what is considered 'heated'. I just talked to a Captain's Club representative who looked up the information on whether this pool is heated. He located a document that stated that all three pools are to be heated when necessary to maintain a temperature of between 60 and 75 degrees. This is in stark contrast to the 90 degree water in the M-class T-pools.

On our three cruises on the Equinox the water in this pool was normally about 84.

On our three cruises on the Equinox the water in this pool was normally about 84.

So, who am I to believe - you, or Celebrity's top-notch, five star, customer service? :D

84 degrees sounds good. 60 to 75 is too cold for my tastes.

Not looking to sound snarky here (I've not been on the S-class) but I understand it doesn't have an exterior promenade either!

Is that true? (Deck plans and photos indicate that.) A promenade deck along the hull is a KEY feature to this cruiser. If X is listening, that non-feature has resulted in at least one booking being kicked over to HAL.

NOTHING should keep you from booking a cruise on a S-class ship. They are the finest on the seas IMO.

So, who am I to believe - you, or Celebrity's top-notch, five star, customer service? :D

84 degrees sounds good. 60 to 75 is too cold for my tastes.

Not to change the subject - information that customer service provide not always is accurate. Several CS told me that Royal Caribbean Explorer has closed in Solarium, where in fact there is none.

Where were those three Equinox cruises? If you were in tropical waters, of course the water would be lovely. I'm starting to feel a chill coming on about the pool water temperature on a Trans Atlantic.

Another poster on this thread has said that a customer service agent had "located a document that stated that all three pools are to be heated when necessary to maintain a temperature of between 60 and 75 degrees...". On the North Atlantic, seventy five degrees may be heated, but it's not warm!

A while back, I started an "Is the Solarium pool heated?" thread. Some said yes, some said no. What I should have asked was "Is the Solarium pool water WARM?". I'm beginning to suspect that the answer depends on the temperature of the water that the ship is sailing in.

I'm getting that sinking feeling ... with no T-pool, if the solarium pool water is "heated" to 75 degrees on our Equinox Trans-Atlantic, I'm not going to be able to do the water exercises that I had hoped. And this arthritic critic (he he that just came to me :D) will not be happy! What were the S-class designers thinking?

Interesting...one reply says heated, another one says not heated. We'll be on the Equinox, so there's hope that it will be heated. We love the M-class T-pools.

I read on this forum that the solarium is air conditioned. Only one poster mentioned that so wondering if most folks agree the area is indeed air conditioned.

Heaven, only way to describe it! And the Aqua grill the best food at sea! I never needed the dining room! Fruits, salads, warm offerings, many vegetarian meals!

Best secret, few know about it! Never crowded! Once you find it, keep it a secret!

Lots of people mention the T-Pool. What is it? Is it different than a normal pool?

Is the Thelassotherapy Pool adults only??

No one under the age of 18 is allowed, which usually means a quieter experience.

There are also "quiet signs" but on our last cruise, the infamous Millie cruise through the tropical depression/leftover Pacific hurricane, it was anything but quiet or empty. Lots of drinking, glass bottles around the pool edge, and raised voices of party-ers. I don't believe that is the norm however. There were also kids in there, but they left once 'caught'.

No one under the age of 18 is allowed, which usually means a quieter experience.

There are also "quiet signs" but on our last cruise, the infamous Millie cruise through the tropical depression/leftover Pacific hurricane, it was anything but quiet or empty. Lots of drinking, glass bottles around the pool edge, and raised voices of party-ers. I don't believe that is the norm however. There were also kids in there, but they left once 'caught'.

THANKS! I used the t-pool last cruise on the Celebrity Mercury and it was inside the Spa facilities where kids don't go. It was small compared to the one that's on the Celebrity Millennium but still a wonderful, quiet experience!

We used the T pools on the Connie and loved it. Unfortunately, on the Millie, both my husband and my bathing suits actually fell apart. On the Summit, the water was not hot, as it was on the previous ships. Also, there was scum on the top at the center of the pool. I complained to the guest relations and they sent me to the Spa. I first complained to the Spa associate and after no change, I spoke the Spa manager and he claimed that the temperature was correct and the scum was from the suntan lotion.

This was not the case on the Millie or the Connie.

Archived