What is the T-Pool?

klang

Lots of people mention the T-Pool. What is it? Is it different than a normal pool?

Please know that there is no Thalassotherapy Pool on the Solstice Class [solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette] or Century... The Millennium Class ships [Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation] are the ones that feature a T-Pool...

What is that pool in the Solarium on the S-class?

As far as I can tell, the indoor pool is the same as the outdoor pool, except that it is indoors. It is not heated and there are no "Jacuzzi"-type jets. It is often not as crowded as the outdoor pool.

Angry conservatives started this on Celebrity cruises... It's well known fact - just ask Fox News...

Seriously - at least on the M-class with which I'm familiar, the T-pool is a large indoor salty spa pool with water jets and showers and an interesting semi-submerged lounger panel along one side. They offer 'healthy' spa style breakfasts and deserts there (heavy on the fruit). The pool side loungers are heavier cushy furniture style. Nice area.

What I liked best about the T-pool on the M-class was not really the jets (I always found those metal bars a little uncomfortable to lay on), but rather those 4 pipes (or whatever you call them), one in each corner that spewed out the really strong streams of water - those felt so good on my aching shoulders and back. Is there anything on the S-class like them?

What I liked best about the T-pool on the M-class was not really the jets (I always found those metal bars a little uncomfortable to lay on), but rather those 4 pipes (or whatever you call them), one in each corner that spewed out the really strong streams of water - those felt so good on my aching shoulders and back. Is there anything on the S-class like them?

No t-pool or anything like it on the S-class, unfortunately!

Well that's a bummer. I'm also seeing on the deck plan an "Aqua Spa" in the Spa area...is that just a jacuzzi? (it looks like there are other jacuzzis both near the indoor and outdoor pools).

And while I'm asking, what is the "Spa Veranda" that is forward of the fitness center? Is that an outdoor seating area, or what?

Well that's a bummer. I'm also seeing on the deck plan an "Aqua Spa" in the Spa area...is that just a jacuzzi? (it looks like there are other jacuzzis both near the indoor and outdoor pools).

And while I'm asking, what is the "Spa Veranda" that is forward of the fitness center? Is that an outdoor seating area, or what?

Aqua Spa area is actually a food outlet, not a Jacuzzi. This is one of our favorite places to get a light, sort-of-healthy breakfast or lunch (closed for dinner). It is usually open on embarkation day as an alternative to the crowded buffet, but this seems to be a well-kept secret. ;)

Spa veranda is another "secret" veranda that is only accessed through the gym. There may be a chair or two, but it is essentially standing only. It was never crowded during my recent Silhouette cruise, which is why I refer to it as "secret". I suppose those passengers who are averse to the gym might not ever stumble upon it.

No, the Aqua Spa CAFE is the food area, and is adjacent to the Solarium, just as it is adjacent to the T-pool on the M-class...I'm talking about the "Aqua Spa", which is further forward, tucked right between the Persian Garden and the Hair Salon...what is that?

No, the Aqua Spa CAFE is the food area, and is adjacent to the Solarium, just as it is adjacent to the T-pool on the M-class...I'm talking about the "Aqua Spa", which is further forward, tucked right between the Persian Garden and the Hair Salon...what is that?

It's the entrance/lobby area to the complex called the Aqua Spa. The only facilities in this area are a few chairs and the Spa reception desk.

previously on the horizon, zenith, galaxy and mercury the t-pool was smaller and located inside the spa....more vigorous jets....it was fabulous..didn't mind paying for them

the t-pools on the m class ships aren't as good, but still nice...free to adults

wish the solstice ships had a t-pool.....even a small one inside the spa would be a huge draw....would gladly pay to use it

the solstice ships are very nice

prefer the older ships with less glitz and the great t-pools

older ships were smaller and more refined

That is not true.

Our pool on Equinox was heated.

My research has shown that it is not heated. It appears that the enclosed nature of the space, as well as the solar effects of the windows above, heat the water slightly in warmer climates. But in cooler climates, it has been reported that the water was rather cool and not heated at all.

I hope I am wrong. I have cruised on the M-class class ships and one feature I will surely miss when we cruise on Reflection next year is the T-pools.

Interesting...one reply says heated, another one says not heated. We'll be on the Equinox, so there's hope that it will be heated. We love the M-class T-pools.

I believe we are on the same Equinox TA, so we can hope for heat.

I've been in the Millennium T-pool and the Silhouette indoor pool. The Silhouette pool was clearly not heated. Perhaps the heating elements were turned off?

We sailed on Equinox March of 2010 - Caribbean - it was heated. If you find your Solarium pool cold - call customer relations and ask them to relate the issue to the engineer in charge. I had to do it once. It took about 5 hours before we felt that water was warm and comfortable.

Archived