How early can you board the Summit in San Juan?

cricri7

That might be cutting it close, CC told me that the cut off was 11:00 AM. I do know if you have an early flight that you will be one of the first groups off the ship but it all depends on Customs to clear the ship.

J.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a Newbie on the Summit from San Juan, we are staying in San Juan for 3 nights pre departure in February, it says sailing at 8.30 p.m. but from this post it seems you can board as early as 11.30 a.m. and will get opportunity for lunch and also dinner (at the allotted time I guess?) We arrive back San Juan at 6.00 a.m. docking - do we get "chucked off" or do we get to have breakfast (and lunch would be useful too!) on the "docking day?

Also our trip is 7 nights, I guess there is one formal evening, will my husband feel comfortable in a lounge suit and smart shirt and tie for this event?

Thank you !!

I am a Newbie on the Summit from San Juan, we are staying in San Juan for 3 nights pre departure in February, it says sailing at 8.30 p.m. but from this post it seems you can board as early as 11.30 a.m. and will get opportunity for lunch and also dinner (at the allotted time I guess?)

We arrive back San Juan at 6.00 a.m. docking - do we get "chucked off" or do we get to have breakfast (and lunch would be useful too!) on the "docking day?

Also our trip is 7 nights, I guess there is one formal evening, will my husband feel comfortable in a lounge suit and smart shirt and tie for this event?

Thank you !!

1). On embarkation day in SJU, you may get aboard late morning but note that the staterooms/ cabins are ready only after 1pm-1:30pm... One can certainly grab a bite by the Poolside (or delicious pastries and cooking at Cova Cafe, deck 5) while dinner plans remain as scheduled (for early/ late seatting) unless you have Select dinning.

2). On disembarkation day in SJU, breakfast is typically served until 8am (including somehow limited options on the room service).

Finally, note that on a 7 nights Cartbbean cruise on the Celebrity's Summit, there are usually 2 formal nights. On our recent Christmas cruise aboard this particular vessel, the dress code wasn't strictly informed; your DH should be fine as described above.

FYI - Here is Celebrity's Today from 2011 Holiday cruise (Southearn Caribbean) - the Embarkation Day in San Juan, PR:

CelebrityTodaySanJuan12242011.jpg

CelebrityToday2SanJuan12242011.jpg

And this schould give you an idea of the hours of operations/ schedule for the food venues on Embarkation day in SJU, PR:

CelebrityToday-restahoursSJUPR.jpg

Happy cruising!

I am a Newbie on the Summit from San Juan, we are staying in San Juan for 3 nights pre departure in February, it says sailing at 8.30 p.m. but from this post it seems you can board as early as 11.30 a.m. and will get opportunity for lunch and also dinner (at the allotted time I guess?) We arrive back San Juan at 6.00 a.m. docking - do we get "chucked off" or do we get to have breakfast (and lunch would be useful too!) on the "docking day?

Thank you !!

Hi Wendy:)....yes, you can board in the noon hour and the buffet

will be set up for lunch. On the last day there will be breakfast in

the dining room for limited hours and the buffet will also serve it.

No, you will not have lunch on the last day though. All passengers

are usually off the ship before 10am.

There are 2 formal nights on a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful time. Summit is one of my favorite ships:)

My wife and I also had an 11:00 am flight to JFK.

With an 11:00 am flight, customer relations will give you 7:30 am disembarkation (1st group). You will need to show them your flight information to verify. To be on safe side, my wife and i carried our bags off boat (on previous cruise, they had misplaced one of our bags).

We were one of the 1st ones through customs and we were at the airport by 8:15 am.

Please someone tell me what pier do X use - PAN AM or downtown Old SJ?

thanks

Pan Am if you have Embarkation/ disembarkation in SJU (i.e. "Summit")...

OSJ if your Celebrity cruise ship is in town only for the day (port of call; i.e. "Eclipse").

Archived