Nachi-why doesn't anyone talk about this?

katcas

After reading sooo many threads on Nachi Cocum, our party of 13 decided to book this for our Thanksgiving cruise (36 more days-yea!!). There will be 8 teenagers in our party and I am just wondering why no one talks about the parasailing, banana boat or waverunners you can rent. I have only found about one or two threads where it is mentioned a little. Just curious who has rented these and if anyone knows the age limit for renting the waverunners? I am thinking we will be the only ones doing these things-maybe before we start drinking of course!

they have to use them out a little ways...since it's so shallow around the beach area. not much waves to ride, since there is no wave action at all.

the guy will come around and ask if you want to rent them, also the parasailing. if they don't have a full boat he will try to get some more paying customers, same with snorkeling trips. most have good reports...but the beach is so nice i just couldn't move that much.

While wave runners, banana boats and snorkel tours are all available at Nachi, most of their customer base do not go there for those options. We like the quiet, uncrowded, relaxed atmosphere, good food & drinks and wonderful service.

Good luck! :)

We were there in July and my kids did the banana boat and really enjoyed it.....guy comes around as soon as you get there but leaves you alone after that.....

they do it well and it does not get in the way at all of a nice quiet relaxing day....

Yeah, and others have said, Nachi Cocom is more a relaxing place than a sporty place. Sort of like that Corolla Beer commercial on the beach.

I plan on taking the obligatory Corona Beer commercial picture while there next month....can't wait :D

guy comes around as soon as you get there but leaves you alone after that.....

I loved the fact that once you said "No thank you", they left you alone. I didn't see anyone using this stuff.

I did notice how tacky the beach to the right looked with that big blow up iceberg in the water. I was glad I picked Nachi. It was exactly what my family was looking for.

Yeah, and others have said, Nachi Cocom is more a relaxing place than a sporty place. Sort of like that Corolla Beer commercial on the beach.

Oops. Corolla is a car. Corona is a beer. I'm going to say that 100 times as punishment. :o

My 12 yo DS and I just parasailed (10-21-11). I emailed NC several times as to the price of 2 and my DS really wanted to do this and how much it would cost for my husband to stay on to take pics. We were prepared to pay the 90.00 fee and a small amount for my husband. When we got to NC, a man was walking up and down the area asking everyone if they wanted to do different activities. We told him we wanted to parasail. He told us it woudl be 130.00 for 2. We told him that it was 90.00 on the website. He told us for that amount we had to have booked it online. We later told him that we would do it if my husband was allowed to come on the boat and take picutres. He said he would arange it. We paid 130.00 as my son had been looking forward to it for several weeks. When we got to the boat pier, they were not going to let my husband on. We told them we were told that he would be allowed and we were not going to do if not. He was able to be on the boat and record us and take pictures.

It was a very memorable event for my DS and I. The boat drivers were great! We were up there for about 20 minutes and were able to look all over the island. I took a waterproof camera up with us. I'm not sure I would pay this much again if my DS had not been looking forward to it for so long. If you can get an email stating the cost of 90.00, it would be worth it, otherwise, I would go with a different island and vendor.

We did not receive a receipt after several emails during different weeks from NC. We booked it through NC website. We did receive a receipt from Paypal though.

We loved the food, drinks and atmosphere of NC and would go back again in a heartbeat.

I am thinking we will be the only ones doing these things-maybe before we start drinking of course!

Beware of the margaritas. They will sneak up on you. My throat was SO SCRATCHY the next day. I know it was from throwing up toenails. :(

they have to use them out a little ways...since it's so shallow around the beach area. not much waves to ride, since there is no wave action at all.

the guy will come around and ask if you want to rent them, also the parasailing. if they don't have a full boat he will try to get some more paying customers, same with snorkeling trips. most have good reports...but the beach is so nice i just couldn't move that much.

What? Shallow around the beach area? I believe you're mistaken about that. One of the things I warn parents of young childrean about is that the water drops off fairly sharply very near the beach. However, they do have to go out past the roped off swimming area to ride the jet skis.

No wave action? Wrong again. On rare occasions, the water is smooth, but most of the time, there are waves and sometimes BIG waves. Not Pacific coast size waves, but I have definitely seen waves so high that you could not go for a swim there. Even if the water was smooth, there are always boats passing by, which create wakes for jet ski'ers to jump.

My adult son and his friend had a blast on the jet skis at Nachi last month! They also did the parasailing, and they said it was awesome. The parasail operators are very professional. I would highly recommend them. I would suggest making advance reservations for both jet skis and parasailing, because you will save a few dollars and be assured of your chosen time slot. We have enjoyed a day at Nachi Cocom 5 times in the past 18 months. :)

Nachi4s.jpg

What? Shallow around the beach area? I believe you're mistaken about that. One of the things I warn parents of young childrean about is that the water drops off fairly sharply very near the beach. However, they do have to go out past the roped off swimming area to ride the jet skis.

No wave action? Wrong again. On rare occasions, the water is smooth, but most of the time, there are waves and sometimes BIG waves. Not Pacific coast size waves, but I have definitely seen waves so high that you could not go for a swim there. Even if the

Do you happen to remember how much the jetskis were to rent?

The website says $60 for 1/2 hour(one or two riders), age limit to ride alone is 16. What is interesting is the website says $90 for parasailing and lilcruzr paid $130 so she is right about the price difference. I emailed them a question but with the hurricane, not sure I will get a response anytime soon.

Otherwise, we will be there on Nov 21 and when I get back I will post a review.

I always book Nachi through Island Marketing, and you can book the parasailing and jet skis at the time that you book Nachi. I believe the jet skis are $60 for 30 min. if you sign up after you get to Nachi. It would be cheaper if you booked ahead of time. When booked ahead of time, single parasailing is $50. I don't think CC will allow me to post the Island Marketing web site here, but you can google Island Marketing Nachi Cocom and find the site. Be sure you put Nachi Cocom in the search engine, because they also offer a Cozumel Beach Break that might not be at Nachi.

Archived