This bed thing is frustrating me

Rockportgirl

So I called my TA on Monday because my King bed configuration wouldn't stick with me editing it myself. She put me on hold, supposedly did her thing and came back to say it was all taken care of. I figured I'd give it a few days to update... fast forward to today and it's still showing 2 twins.

I just wonder if this is still a Carnival glitch, or was the TA really playing solitaire as I sat on hold?

If they had never implemented this nifty little feature I wouldn't even be thinking twice about it, but it's to the point now where I'm just wondering, what was the point? :confused:

So I called my TA on Monday because my King bed configuration wouldn't stick with me editing it myself. She put me on hold, supposedly did her thing and came back to say it was all taken care of. I figured I'd give it a few days to update... fast forward to today and it's still showing 2 twins.

I just wonder if this is still a Carnival glitch, or was the TA really playing solitaire as I sat on hold?

If they had never implemented this nifty little feature I wouldn't even be thinking twice about it, but it's to the point now where I'm just wondering, what was the point? :confused:

i have edited my twice and it still shows twin. if it is twin when we get there, i will just ask the room steward to change it.:)

John Heald said in his blog that they are working on it, if you reserved thru a TA, then it appears to not be working. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I've never had a problem with the beds not being in the configuration they should be and I doubt the stewards are paying attention to that yet since there are still issues.

I just checked my 3 reservations-all three showed twins-I changed to King, saved,closed, logged out and went back and still King but will check tomorrow. As previous person said, don't worry-just tell the room steward

when you get on. No problema! :)

I'm still not thinking twice about it........infact I will never even use the dang feature......

stop worrying about it. just see your servant when you board, and ask him to arrange if not to your liking.

Yeah, ours have always been set up as king without having to ask- I just don't know why they roll things out before they're ready. This isn't cruises-r-us. :rolleyes:

Because user acceptance testing is expensive when you can just fix it on the fly.

It's really not that big of a deal. It's nice that you're trying to save your steward work like that, but in the grand scope of things, it's really minor. Don't sweat it.

Our cruise last week was set king without prompting, but I did change our future cruises to king and after a week or two I see they converted back to twins, no problem though cause in the past as well as future I change them myself if needed. What I'd really like is for Carnival to let guests select their dining table size, I only want a 2, 8 or 10. I won't do a 4 again cause we run 50/50 with our dinner mates.

It takes them like 2 seconds (ok maybe 3) to either put the beds together or take them apart. This is NOT a big deal. There could be so many other things to worry about. Like the ship sinking :D It's ok to let this go. Really.

Okay, to set the record straight, I am not worried, upset or sweating it. As I've said, our beds have always been made up how we've wanted in the past. I was simply stating that it's silly to have something in place that doesn't work. I've never seen a website with so many issues, and I don't know why they wouldn't work out the kinks before they roll something out. That was my only point.

In 4 cruises, our beds have always been set to King...but I keep tryin to fix my profile, too. :D

On the Inspiration in March, I cruised with my mother...we asked the steward to separate them....on debarkation day, we went up for breakfast, came down to get our stuff....

and the beds were ALREADY set up as a King...we hadn't even left yet!!

Okay, to set the record straight, I am not worried, upset or sweating it. As I've said, our beds have always been made up how we've wanted in the past. I was simply stating that it's silly to have something in place that doesn't work. I've never seen a website with so many issues, and I don't know why they wouldn't work out the kinks before they roll something out. That was my only point.

we lost power from hurricane irene for 5 days, but kept flicking those light switches every time i entered a dark room.

It's kind of a glitch... as you know any changes to a booking made through at TA has to be done by the TA. That's the reason the changes don't stick when made by the individual. Carnival is working on a fix for this. The sad thing is that now the selection process doesn't seem to work with TAs either!

I've been told by three different folks in Miami that they're working on getting it all corrected so, in the meantime, all we can do is check on it from time to time!

:)

You never worried about it before they put it there- why worry about it now? They'll do it the way they always have- a couple of about the same age they'll make king until asked differently. Two people of different ages or same gender- they'll make twin until asked differently. We don't even know if they feed this information onto the ship yet.

I hear what you're saying, rockportgirl. If the feature wasn't there, I'd not give it a thought. But it's been there for a couple of weeks, and still not working. I e-mailed my TA and he e-mailed me that he called CCL and they said it's just not working yet. I called CCL just to see what they would tell me, and that agent said it's just not working yet. I'm like you-not worried. Stuff like that doesn't "worry" me, but if something is supposed to make my travel planning a little nicer than previously, then let's get that feature working, or get rid of it.

Archived