What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

I have only ordered 1 but I do know someone that has ordered 17! :eek: He is not that big of a guy either. I would have been embarrassed to be at the table with him though.:o

I do know that if you order more than 1 that it is much easier on the waiters if you order them at the start. They dont care how many you order because If you order them later, they have to go thru long lines to wait for the additional dishes. If you have ever been on the galley tour they will explain this and how complicated and backed up it gets when people continue to re-order.

except that i have read complaints that the late seating runs out.

On one of our group cruises my friend eat 8 lobster dinners and 4 prime rib dinners, yes with trimmings also had soup, appetizer, dessert, bread and 6 diet cokes (yes diet lol)

That is simply awful. Not funny, not clever, not cute- just gluttonous.

never had more than 1, as i always order a surf and tuf double entree combo.

but one lady was boasting proudly recently that her son had 14, and she was quickly scolded and criticized for allowing such gluttony.

Did this for the first time on my last cruise! I enjoyed the combo very much, but it was A LOT of food!

Did this for the first time on my last cruise! I enjoyed the combo very much, but it was A LOT of food!

oh, but how i always salivate when they come around asking if you want another tail. i'm always too embarrased to say yes after eating two plates of food. :o

oh, but how i always salivate when they come around asking if you want another tail. i'm always too embarrased to say yes after eating two plates of food. :o

I've never been offered a second lobster tail!! Waiter rolled his eyes at us for ordering the surf & turf combo!:( I could care less what he/they think (I know 99.9% of my life I am NOT a glutton, lol) but I was surprised he did this to us when it seems so many others order much more...:confused:

On our last cruise, I ordered two from the start and when I was done, the waiter appeared with just a single tail on a plate and set it in front of me! I ended up eating a little more than half of it since I had already eaten an appetizer and two tails.

They are not the best quality tails, however, I think they are tasty and enjoy them one time on a 7 day.

I've never been offered a second lobster tail!! Waiter rolled his eyes at us for ordering the surf & turf combo!:( I could care less what he/they think (I know 99.9% of my life I am NOT a glutton, lol) but I was surprised he did this to us when it seems so many others order much more...:confused:

i would have decreased his tips and let him know why at the end of the week. who is he to judge?

one HALF of an 8lber.....

You want lobster, you don't get it on a cruise ship..you come to New England!!! I don't even order the lobster on ships.. I go for the Prime rib and loaded baked potato...

DSCF22131.jpg.af25c7eb2582f56e416139f12ca885c0.jpg

Edited by Crazy4Koko

Honestly:confused:? There's no one that you need to have to worry about what they think !

Just go with, "Hey, I'll never see them again."

..... Sooooo...even if some would criticise...

The moment of censorial judgment by others will be lost after the moment...and they'll move on to someone else more interesting.

Otherwise known euphemisticallyas, "People Watching.":p

Al out!

Honestly:confused:? There's no one that you need to have to worry about what they think !

Just go with, "Hey, I'll never see them again."

..... Sooooo...even if some would criticise...

The moment of censorial judgment by others will be lost after the moment...and they'll move on to someone else more interesting.

Otherwise known euphemisticallyas, "People Watching.":p

Al out!

i know it's me. i just can't do it. :)

i know it's me. i just can't do it. :)

Sure you can!

It's funny that we sometimes think we're able to mind-read.

It's best to leave the whole "worry-what-people-may-or-may-not-be-thinking" about us alone and just enjoy the cruise.

Please, please -value yourself more than the perceived judgments of others.

The judgments that really matter are those who think the best of you, take you as who you really are... :).

Al

Sure you can!

It's funny that we sometimes think we're able to mind-read.

It's best to leave the whole "worry-what-people-may-or-may-not-be-thinking" about us alone and just enjoy the cruise.

Please, please -value yourself more than the perceived judgments of others.

The judgments that really matter are those who think the best of you, take you as who you really are... :).

Al

i'll try to remember this the next time i go to the drive up window at white castle. love their onion rings, but still will only order one sack. and could eat two. not enough trouble, like an hov lane to have a passenger dummy to get me past this.

On my last cruise, we had 2 guys at our table having a little competition and they had salad, soup, 7 lobster tails, prime rib & dessert. I only had 4. They are awfully small! :p

What's your best?

My last cruise in August I ordered two. Waiter had brought out extra and asked if I wanted them when I had completed the two I ordered and offered them to me, didn't want to hurt his feelings so I said yes of course. :) So I had four. :)

Crazy4Koko

How big was that lobster?Looks over 10 pounds.

Could you imagine how many Carnival lobsters would be required to equal the wt. of that one.

8.5 lbs... We get one 'monster' to celebrate our anniversary every summer...

we usually get two meals out of it, tho, because by the time we get thru the claws, the legs, the body meat...we're pretty much stuffed...so we save the tail for the next meal!

one HALF of an 8lber.....

You want lobster, you don't get it on a cruise ship..you come to New England!!! I don't even order the lobster on ships.. I go for the Prime rib and loaded baked potato...

Now that's a lobster.;)

LOL! Its amazing to see how many really love Lobster tails!!

Im not much on Lobster more of a prime rib girl. But i didnt see a MANY people with two or more lobster tails that night.

you should have been around when carnival stopped serving lobster in the early 90's!

my record: none. :p

personally, i don't understand why lobster tails and the lido buffets all seem to turn into competitive eating contests? why gorge yourself? do you enjoy it more than if you slow down and actually taste what you're eating? *shakes head*