What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

The most I have ordered is 3, and I ask not to have any sides brought with the additional ones. I also don't care how it looks to anyone else. They should be minding their own business, not watching or caring about what is being eaten at my table. :D:D:D

Uhm... 0.

People, lobsters/crabs/shrimps are the bugs of the sea and are bottom dwellers.

If you were standing next to a dumpster, filled w all manners of stinking filth, and from that defiled dumpster a foot long scorpion emerged would your first thoughts be "I am so EATING that"?

What's your point?

Lobster, crab, shrimp are all perfectly fine to eat.

Uhm... 0.

If you were standing next to a dumpster, filled w all manners of stinking filth, and from that defiled dumpster a foot long scorpion emerged would your first thoughts be "I am so EATING that"?

I understand that you don't like lobster, crabs, and shrimp, but that analogy is not even close, and most people don't agree with you. Last time I checked, the ocean isn't a dirty, stinking dumpster.

I always order 2 except my last cruise that I ordered 3, because I read the threads like this. I like lobster, and I like shrimps too. So I ate them all. I had a bad taste/feeling on my last bite of the lobster. So I guess I will stick to 2 in my future cruises.

I'm a surf and turfer too! I love my prime rib but really like lobster too. I have been disappointed a couple of times when the lobster tasted "off" but the waitstaff had disappeared and by the time they came back it was too late (IMO) to order another one.

Next cruise I'll order 2 tails and prime rib. I'll have a fighting chance of getting a good lobster tail!

My daughter and I were on the Infinity and had an excellent lobster. It was medium sized and delish. I told the waiter it was very good and he asked if we wanted another. Yes, thank you.

No prime rib served with it and two was enough.

Same daughter did an internship in New Hampshire and I went to visit and we had some fun on the coast. Great lobster and good prices.

We live in Arizona so all we see are lobsters in fish tanks at a few restaurants.

4boysnana

Uhm... 0.

Lol, now that's funny! Have you ever wondered what is lurking in the meat of your beef, pork, chicken, fish?? Veggies? Fruit???? Yah, you would probably never eat again if you only knew....

So, if I want my lobster/shrimp and want to try the prime rib I can order both and won't look like I am being a piggy???? I have always wanted to try the prime rib but didn't want to miss out on the lobster. At our table this time(a group of us girls from work) maybe we could order extra and share????? That way no wasted food and we can try other things.....;)

Yes, i get prime rib and lobster tail every cruise. Just tell your waiter you want surf and turf so its brought together. Last cruise we were a group of 7 and ordered multiple appetizers and entrees to share and it worked out well. Tried things I wouldn't have otherwise.

Uhm... 0.

What about food given stuff with names you can't even pronounce, like antibiotics, growth hormones, steroids, insecticides, phosphates, herbicides, etc.?

To every calling people hogs or disgusting or gluttonous I can't believe the snobbery. I mean I believe it happens but I can't believe the sheer number of people jumping in. What someone else eats has no effect on you. What I find disgusting is judgmental, narcissistic people who think every one in the world should live like them. Of course I bet you don't think this song is about you...

Unrelated to above (Just to be clear.)

Uhm... 0.

Alton Brown refers to lobsters as "Sea Roaches" always makes me laugh. But I've eaten scorpion and crickets as well. They are also pretty good. People really have silly hang ups about what's edible and what is not.

My record for lobster tails eaten in the BDR is two. My wife doesn't care for lobster. We order one plate each of the lobster and shrimp. I get her lobster. She gets my shrimp. I don't believe I've ever ordered two entrees though of anything. I'm not sure I ever would. But that's just me. Then again, how much my neighbor orders and stuffs down his gullet is his business. Gluttony comes with it's own built-in punishment. It isn't my place to point out to someone they are damaging their health. They most likely already know this.

Uhm... 0.

I'm not sure your equating the ocean floor with a garbage dumpster holds up. I see no correlation. If you were to equate a dumpster with a hog pen, then you might be more on track. But yes, the critters you mentioned ARE related to land insects. I find it humorous that my wife likes crab- as do I - since she is so terrified and grossed out by spiders. Crabs and spiders are cousins. I do think I could eat a scorpion, if it was well prepared. Those who have eaten them claim they taste like shrimp. Roaches... no. :-) Strange that so may things that are indeed "bottom dwellers" are so tasty. My favorite fresh water fish comes to mind: catfish. They will eat most anything, yet their flesh is among the most mild tasting of any fish. Pigs will also eat most anything, yet pork is more mild tasting than beef. Chicken? Well, poultry is big business in my area. so I'm a bit familiar with it's rasing. You don't even want to know what sort of living conditions that pristine looking chicken breast on your plate grew up in. Most food has humble beginnings. What about that compost mixed in with the soil to grow vegetables? Heck, what about soil in general? You do know where it came from, right? Food is organic, not digital, so there are unsavory aspects to all of it.

On my last cruise, we had 2 guys at our table having a little competition and they had salad, soup, 7 lobster tails, prime rib & dessert. I only had 4. They are awfully small! :p

What's your best?

A question of how many food items people manage to scarf down - this truly is a question befitting the Carnival boards.